You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rugby World Cup 2015

sir roger

Sorry Pidge I have to disagree. Tuilagi and Hartley are big losses and the scrum and lineout have gone backwards. I also think we need to get more numbers and more aggression in our breakdown play as we are turned over far too often

Manu hasn't really been involved for a while and the pack is looking better now they know who's involved. I wasn't convinced by the selection though (Nowell would've been more suited to the game than Watson for me, we should have started Jack and then made the change when the game was loosening up in the last 25 - Watson should be starting later in the tournament when we are pressed deeper), also both Barritt and Joseph had poor games, Burgess added some steel when he came in but Slade wasn't given the chance to add some steady hands (Joseph couldn't catch all night in the rain) which is a shame for me.

But then I am hugely biased in favour of the Chiefs, so appreciate others don't agree. Time will tell, still not a big Ford fan, would prefer Farrell back starting.

I'm just worried that if Lancaster doesn't work out they'll be after Baxter next. Hope not, we need him in Exeter. 59-14 against Bath earlier today by the way, fun match (if a bit dominated by the mismatched packs).

Manu hasn't really been involved for a while and the pack is looking better now they know who's involved. I wasn't convinced by the selection though (Nowell would've been more suited to the game than Watson for me, we should have started Jack and then made the change when the game was loosening up in the last 25 - Watson should be starting later in the tournament when we are pressed deeper), also both Barritt and Joseph had poor games, Burgess added some steel when he came in but Slade wasn't given the chance to add some steady hands (Joseph couldn't catch all night in the rain) which is a shame for me.

But then I am hugely biased in favour of the Chiefs, so appreciate others don't agree. Time will tell, still not a big Ford fan, would prefer Farrell back starting.

I'm just worried that if Lancaster doesn't work out they'll be after Baxter next. Hope not, we need him in Exeter. 59-14 against Bath earlier today by the way, fun match (if a bit dominated by the mismatched packs).

judo.gif

Surprised there has been no mention with it starting tonight.

I think that, give or take Scotland, the home nations are worse than they were 12 months ago for varying reasons and can see a NZ v Oz final , with France as dark horses.

I'm not surprised, fucking middle class wanker sport (in England).

Anyone but England to win please.

Batshit mental

Biggest shock in sport ever? Can't think of much that matches it tbh? Cameroon beating Argentina in italia90 maybe?

I was at my sisters 50th in town and walked away from the gathering to watch the last ten minutes. It was one of those times when you just knew something memorable was going to happen. 

Shocks happen in football all the time. Especially in cup games. I've been trying to think of something to match or come close to tonight's shock. So far I've got Ireland beating Pakistan in the cricket world cup in 2007. 

It was an incredible game.  I was slightly shaking after it with adrenaline. 

As Dougie says its tricky to come up with a shock comparison.  Even more so with the natue & physicality of Rugby.  The Japanese just did not stop putting their bodies on the line.  It was brilliant tactics by Jones, maing sure Japan keep the pace high & not let it become an arm wrestle they would lose.  They exploited SA's old & not very mobile squad.  Two of their tries as well were absolutely superb

Had the impression that Lancaster has been looking for an excuse to get Farrell in & not surprised that he has got the nod, but I always think he makes us safer but stodgier in our play, particularly when added to the Burgess / Joseph swap.

I hope I am wrong but I am expecting a real grind on Saturday night & think Wales will be happy enough with the changes.

I agree completely, moof.

I don't think we can win the World Cup with almost zero flair & it must cheer the Welsh up to be thinking that we are panicking about coping with their threat rather than sharpening our own.

As for Tipuric , the 'size' thing used against him is ludicrous in my eyes, ' He is brilliant - get him in there somewhere ' would be my outlook on the matter.