You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

24th August 2015 - Away to Arsenal

WhiskeyJar

Won't buy a defensive midfielder but keeps falling back on one that'd be put down if he was a horse. Great logic from Rodgers there.

It is deeply flawed isn't....refuse to get a top class one but then play one who whilst willing wouldn't get near any of the teams we are trying to compete with.

Ha ha...Rodgers talks crap like there is no tomorrow.

2 scrappy wins and his hubris is quickly dusted off and on display via his journo friends. It's a shame its taken 3 seasons to see a pattern in Arsenal's home losses but at least he's found it now. We'll snot them 0-1 tonight.

Whenever I revisit threads about Rodgers and a 'leaked' team it reminds me of those types of meetings where you're surrounded by plebs all overcomplicating and throwing their dummies about because their idea wasn't picked.

He should start Lucas because the mongfest has already done their warm up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think Lucas will do ok if he plays, he's always pretty steady when he comes in to cover, there will no doubt be the odd mis-timed tackle but he's been a good servant to the club & it's a shame people are so down on the lad.

Having said all that, we should have been going all out for a top DM ever since Macherano left.

• Upvote 2

Lucas can't help but foul players right on the edge of our box. It must be in the thousands by now.

Anyway, I hate this fixture probably more than any other. I fucking hate Arsenal and Wenger. I hate his smug face in post match interviews when they've won. Prick.

I hate their fans and their holier than thou approach, HOOF. Sanctimonious wankers.

And I hate their players every one. Really hated that inbred dick  Arshavin- " I am Gooner now" Hateful club.

3-0 to us.

• Upvote 4

Whenever I revisit threads about Rodgers and a 'leaked' team it reminds me of those types of meetings where you're surrounded by plebs all overcomplicating and throwing their dummies about because their idea wasn't picked.

He should start Lucas because the mongfest has already done their warm up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

And your one og those "traditionalists" who wouldn't changea thing for "old times sake" or because it could actually bring a different result? If we lose 1-0, we could lose 5-4 and at least make the match entertaining and play some good footie. I, personally, don't see it with this Rodgers' setup.

I think what is missing more than anything from our performances is any fucking enjoyment watching us play. It was fucking grim last  Monday for the vast majority of the game watching us cling on for an undeserved 1-0 victory against some no marks and the Stoke game wasn't much better. Glimpses of good play but for the most part just turgid uninspired stuff. I can't remember the last time I really got a buzz watching us play, probably not since Suarez left . It just oscillates between disappointment and relief for the most part. I know I am not always Mr Cheerful but do others feel the same ? 

• Upvote 1

I think what is missing more than anything from our performances is any fucking enjoyment watching us play. It was fucking grim last  Monday for the vast majority of the game watching us cling on for an undeserved 1-0 victory against some no marks and the Stoke game wasn't much better. Glimpses of good play but for the most part just turgid uninspired stuff. I can't remember the last time I really got a buzz watching us play, probably not since Suarez left . It just oscillates between disappointment and relief for the most part. I know I am not always Mr Cheerful but do others feel the same ?

I feel you

Away to Spurs at the beginning of the last season. We played a good game, without Suarez.