You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Taking the piss in Dubai

Was it not just filmed by some bystander or something? Only watched it the once but it looked like Sakho was trying to stop it from being filmed?

Ah now you put it like that it's understandable how the media got a copy so easily.

Guest davelfc

Best performance I've seen from the squad for quite a while, morale doesn't seem to have taken much of a hit.

I don't know what people are expecting though, multi millionaire employees most of them as far removed from the fans as you could imagine. We hurt, they just shrug and get on with their lives.

Once you embrace that it's much easier. 

• Upvote 1

Best performance I've seen from the squad for quite a while, morale doesn't seem to have taken much of a hit.

I don't know what people are expecting though, multi millionaire employees most of them as far removed from the fans as you could imagine. We hurt, they just shrug and get on with their lives.

Once you embrace that it's much easier.

Got to be honest regardless of what your saying there I couldn't see any of the teams above us carrying on like that after the seasons performance and especially so soon after Sunday.

Guest davelfc

Got to be honest regardless of what your saying there I couldn't see any of the teams above us carrying on like that after the seasons performance and especially so soon after Sunday.

That's because you are a fan, we're still hurting but they walk off that pitch and clock off. They still get their obscene wage, they still get in to their flashy sports car, go home to their model wives and girlfriends and to their mansions. Or in this case first class to a luxurious hotel in Dubai. 

You have to stop thinking of them as fans, they're employees and they don't live in the real world. They will tell you that they feel the hurt but they don't. There's not a single one of them now that wouldn't walk away if the right offer came in. I love Liverpool FC but its employees can all get to fuck. 

• Upvote 2

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned. Apologies if so.

So after one of the worst results in the club's history, and a pathetic season to boot. Our lads have jetted out to Dubai and are quite happy to be filmed doing a stupid dance/song about Toure as he's signed a new contract for some strange reason. What the fuck.

The season is over.  It was shit.

What do you expect them to do exactly, spend the next six weeks beating themselves with birch twigs?  Fuck's sake.  The time to do something about last season ended on Sunday.  Who fucking cares what they do between now and July as long as it's not stab a copper, go on a crack binge or something.

• Upvote 3

Was it not just filmed by some bystander or something? Only watched it the once but it looked like Sakho was trying to stop it from being filmed?

To be fair if Sakho was trying to stop someone he would have managed unless they had a gun. I reckon it was Ayre. "Right then lads, we need the money, lets get those legs moving show em yer fit"

• Upvote 1

To be fair to them, it is the end of term. As far as the majority of the team are concerned, it's just a job anyway; there's no real emotional attachment for them so why should they feel the same way as the fans do about the season's finale.

I'm not interested in their end of term party and had no interest in seeing it.

And I wouldn't have if I wasn't on here, so I guess I can't complain.

Agree with that.  I took the liberty of not watching the video and feel about it much as I did the Royal Birth. 

Don't buy this idea that most of them don't care or don't hurt. 

I'd imagine a lot of them were far more broken emotionally by last year and take the losses far harder than the fans do. Some probably don't give a shit but a lot of them will definitely have professional pride, and lots of it.

• Upvote 2

I'd imagine a lot of them were far more broken emotionally by last year and take the losses far harder than the fans do. Some probably don't give a shit but a lot of them will definitely have professional pride, and lots of it.

Right on, Stu.

It's because of this that I'm confident that we will see a material change in their attitude and workrate next season. 

Actually, scratch that.