You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sheyi Ojo - What are you?

Kevin D

Does that mean you think he's the goods?

I think Ibe and Sterling are both much better, but in a year or two he could be in a similar position. Unless he fucks it up by letting it all go to his head... we'll get one out of Wilson, Ojo, Kent and Canos. I'm just not sure which one yet.

Kent runs at defenders aggresively and is pretty clinical when he gets an opening, Wilson is the best finisher and dangerous when he gets behind a defence, Canos is getting better month-on-month and Ojo can run defences ragged.

• Upvote 2

I think Ibe and Sterling are both much better, but in a year or two he could be in a similar position. Unless he fucks it up by letting it all go to his head... we'll get one out of Wilson, Ojo, Kent and Canos. I'm just not sure which one yet.

Kent runs at defenders aggresively and is pretty clinical when he gets an opening, Wilson is the best finisher and dangerous when he gets behind a defence, Canos is getting better month-on-month and Ojo can run defences ragged.

You're equivocating like a motherfucker.

No fucking way should that hair be allowed in the squad. Sell his hair.

My opinion of Sterling has gone up since his ridiculous hair was banished back to the Cameo greatest hits album where it belongs. If I found out Rodgers had held him down and forcibly sheared him I'd love him more than Shanks.

I watch the youngsters quite a bit and would agree with this.  At least one of those players will hit the 25 games mark for the first team, it's hard to predict much beyond that.

Ojo has the highest "ceiling," in the sense that if there's a future great among that list of four players, it will be Ojo.  He could be a Yaya Toure-type, he could be a sort of poor man's Cristiano Ronaldo, or anything in between.  The issue with Ojo is whether he will fulfill all his potential, I would put the odds on that pretty low but who knows?  He's certainly come on leaps and bounds since around February or so, seems like someone had a chat and talked to him about his inconsistency and effort.

I'm not as high on Kent as others, good dribbler but not sure how much he provides beyond that.  Canos is much, much better this year - he came from Barca with a big reputation and didn't really live up to it IMO.  Suddenly this season he looks the business, to me he's destined for a centre forward spot as he seems like what you'd get if you played Fernando Torres (pre-Chelsea) on the wing.  Wilson has a little bit of everything, very versatile.  He's not going to be the next John Barnes but I could easily see him being a solid contributor to our first team squad in 3 years.  

If I had to pick a player to come out of our youth sides to eventually feature in the first teams the list, in order of likelihood of establishing themselves at first team level by age 22:

1. Jordan Rossiter

2. Pedro Chirivella

3. Harry Wilson

4. Sheyi Ojo

5. Sergi Canos

I personally think that the likes of Sinclair, Kent, and Jones are long shots, and I'm not even that high on Ibe (though I think he'll be a Premier League-level player and we should get a decent fee for him).  My two cents, anyway.

• Upvote 4

Jack Dunn has a decent chance of making it here I reckon.

Oh, yeah, forgot about him.  He's been out injured but has been very good since his return.

I'd put him in the Ibe camp - think he'll be good enough to play in the Championship or maybe a mid-table Premiership club, but ultimately not good enough to make it here.  No shame in that, and depending on his contract details I would think we'd get some sort of decent fee.  Hard to say for sure when they're that young, but that would be my guess.

Has a great left foot, does Dunn, and it would be nice to see a scouser make it if he did put it together.

"New Posh and Becks" 

JS53234823.jpg

Could this be the next Posh and Becks? Meet aspiring beauty queen and actress Amaani Noor and exciting Liverpool FC prospect Sheyi Ojo – a teenage dream team!

Well played lad, well played.  Hair is a travesty but she's proper tidy.

No, my mistake it isn't pouting.

He's actually trying to 'smoulder'...

Oh dear.

Justin-Theroux-Confirms-the-Zoolander-Se

Conversely, I love him, even though I didn't know he existed until yesterday.

I knew he existed before yesterday, but had yet to see a picture of him. He looks like a fucking Dave Chappelle character, and for that reason, I'm out. 

Used to follow the Reserves and U'18s up until a year or two ago. I think it's the realisation that almost none of them will ever get a decent run in the side (as we'll spend 4 trillion on shit squad players), and they'll end up at Real Vallecano or Huddersfield.