You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

To be fair, the European Cup final being on a Saturday is one change I don't mind. Good excuse to go out for a few pints, whereas you were hamstrung by having work in the morning when it was on a Wednesday.

On the occasions it's the same Saturday as the Championship play-off final, it's an even better excuse for an all-dayer.

To be fair, the European Cup final being on a Saturday is one change I don't mind. Good excuse to go out for a few pints, whereas you were hamstrung by having work in the morning when it was on a Wednesday.

On the occasions it's the same Saturday as the Championship play-off final, it's an even better excuse for an all-dayer.

Belongs in the 'little things that annoy the shit out of you' thread, in my opinion.

If you want to go to the pub, go the pub. Why do you need an excuse?

"But.. but ... but I've got work the following day"

So what, you'll only have a hangover. Deal with it.

Quim.

I forgot about that pink ball. I hate it. I also find it difficult to see. Anyone else have that problem?

If it looks like it has a greenish tinge, you might be colour blind.

Ah for the days when we used to play with an orange coloured ball (and not the laces fucker either!)

If it looks like it has a greenish tinge, you might be colour blind.

Ah for the days when we used to play with an orange coloured ball (and not the laces fucker either!)

I'm definitely not colourblind. I just think the colour doesn't go well with bright sunshine.

If you're singing about people's lives in a point scoring exercise, you deserve flack and it's scandalous how it was swept under the carpet, by and large.

If you're singing 'we are the Tottenham haters', then who cares?

If we won the cup and Henderson decided to start singing about Everton or the Mancs, I'd rather he sang a Liverpool song, but I wouldn't be arsed. If he started singing a Munich song, then it's a different kettle of fish.

There's a big line there, RedKnight.

• Upvote 1

Was it Maddock or Holt reported it but a swift phone call from Trafford towers had it pulled from there online report?

Holt. There was video evidence on youtube too, Fletcher, Ferdinand and Rooney if memory serves, but it 'went away' pretty swiftly too.

It's never their fault though.

• 3 weeks later...

YNFA is the ultimate epitome of the shitness of modern football. Manc cunts who do fuck all but sit at a computer all day making shit memes about Liverpool Football Club which are then shared by equally fucking thick dickheads.

I do not for one minute buy the notion that there's "Admins" who support other clubs running that dogshite. There's plenty of cunts willing to stick the boot in over Heysel and Hillsborough in the comments under the guise of calling us grief junkies and so on without a word being said but the moment Munich pops up people get banned, castigated (rightly so too).

• Upvote 2

More to do with the state we are in than modern football. But if Lambert goes we'll start the season without anyone filling the iconic shirts of no.7,8 and 9.

Yeah 1, 2, 3 and 11 could also be vacant too?

Hopefully Clyne will take on the number 2 shirt and I presume Firmino will get one of the iconic attacking numbers.

Is it too much wishful thinking that we are going to sign another 3 big attacking players to fill the remaining numbers?