You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

I'm beginning to actually hate Fabio Borini now.

Thirty three games for us and he's scored two goals. Two.

He's a striker.

And he wanted to stay "to fight for his place".

Fuck off you useless overpaid unflushable shite.

Strikers need confidence though, has he ever been given a run of games to gain that? He had 3 or 4 games when he 1st came before he did his shoulder & has never really had a look in since. He's not great, but I think he's been treated shabbily by Brendan & deserved more games. It must be hard not even being in the squad most weeks when we've had no strikers to call on or the ones being picked are awful. Then you get picked & the pressure is on big time to perform, the teams playing shit, but we don't score & it's your fault. Pressure mounts etc etc. I would have liked to have seen him get a run of games as Mario did. At least Borini moves & presses. But it ain't gonna happen with Sturridge due back soon.

• Upvote 2

I think we all know that a contract means fuck all unless it's being used by a player who wants to stay, ie Borini. Contracts haven't been a barrier to players leaving for years.

Suarez at the end of 12/13 season situation suggests otherwise. If the bid isnt enough for the club to see benefit, then the player stays.

Suarez at the end of 12/13 season situation suggests otherwise. If the bid isnt enough for the club to see benefit, then the player stays.

Granted but that is most definitely the exception to the rule that players generally do what they like regardless of contract.

Strikers need confidence though, has he ever been given a run of games to gain that? He had 3 or 4 games when he 1st came before he did his shoulder & has never really had a look in since. He's not great, but I think he's been treated shabbily by Brendan & deserved more games. It must be hard not even being in the squad most weeks when we've had no strikers to call on or the ones being picked are awful. Then you get picked & the pressure is on big time to perform, the teams playing shit, but we don't score & it's your fault. Pressure mounts etc etc. I would have liked to have seen him get a run of games as Mario did. At least Borini moves & presses. But it ain't gonna happen with Sturridge due back soon.

Agree with this by and large. How many times has he started consecutive games this season?

One poor game in a stuttering team low on confidence, and he's immediately dropped again by the manager and labelled shite by the fans. Would much rather have seen him get a run than Balotelli or Lambert.

He should at least look for a loan deal, he'll barely get a look-in between now and May even if we don't sign anyone and Sturridge misses the rest of the season. Rodgers might as well have put dogshit through his letterbox.

He had a cracking run for Sunderland and his strike rate was a massive one goal every five games. Granted he's playing with a better midfield here (supposedly anyway) but he just doesn't cut it for me.

And he looks like he's related to Joe Allen.

This window is dead to me. However, looking at the players out this summer we'll lose-

Fo' sho'-

Johnson

Toure

Stevie

Brad Jones

Likely-

Mario

Borini

Lambert

Enrique

Lucas

Hopefully -

Lovren

We should be able to scrape together £30m for the ones who aren't leaving on a free but even so, if we just manage to get their wages off the books it's about 700k per week in wages.

We have to utilise our loan returnees as squad players and push the boat out on four top players.

New GK

New DM

New MC

New Fwd

I'd love Jovetic and Schneiderlin to be two of those players. I really don't know about the other two.

• Upvote 2

This window is dead to me. However, looking at the players out this summer we'll lose-

Fo' sho'-

Johnson

Toure

Stevie

Brad Jones

Likely-

Mario

Borini

Lambert

Enrique

Lucas

Hopefully -

Lovren

We should be able to scrape together £30m for the ones who aren't leaving on a free but even so, if we just manage to get their wages off the books it's about 700k per week in wages.

We have to utilise our loan returnees as squad players and push the boat out on four top players.

New GK

New DM

New MC

New Fwd

I'd love Jovetic and Schneiderlin to be two of those players. I really don't know about the other two.

Yep, we've got about 35 players including those out on loan. Fuck 15 of them off and sign three or four top quality footballers.

We won't though. We'll sign about three prospects for £5m-£10m ish, another couple of centrebacks and a marquee striker, like Danny Ings. For £41m.

Does it? I don't think he has helped us at all apart from when he was at sunderland and cost our rivals some points

He was pretty key in our goal last weekend, and a few other chances after that. Not through quality, just through making the right moves.

He has not been treated shabbily by Rodgers, he was told at the start of the season he wasn't wanted and knew he wouldn't be getting a look in.

It's down to borini that he is in this situation and no one else, it looks like he's still refusing to leave after being here half a season and not got a look in even when we had issues with our other strikers.

• Downvote 1

He has not been treated shabbily by Rodgers, he was told at the start of the season he wasn't wanted and knew he wouldn't be getting a look in.

It's down to borini that he is in this situation and no one else, it looks like he's still refusing to leave after being here half a season and not got a look in even when we had issues with our other strikers.

Yes he has. Looks to me like Rodgers has seen his arse because he refused to go to Sunderland, to the detriment of the team. The Basel game sticks out for me, to not even have him on the bench, no strikers on the bench in a game we had to win, was a fucking disgrace. Despite the shitness & fitness of our strikers, he hasn't even been named on the bench most weeks. Then starts him in a big game last week v Sunderland. If he can start a big game like that, why hasn't he even been in the squad for games when we were low on numbers? That's shabby treatment right there.Either he has faith in him or he doesn't. Hopefully Rodgers has started to change his tune the last week. Whilst not great, Borini is not a bad option to bring off the bench, certainly better than anything else we have. Regardless of what you think him, he's still our player & should be treated as such until he moves on.

Fuck Borini. He's a Dirk Kuyt without the ability to cut it at the top. He's Emile Heskey without the once in a blue moon world class performance. He's the Italian Danny Welbeck without the upturn in form at Arsenal. I'm sick of these cunts. I want flair and panache. We might not be able to recreate the Suarez magic but we can at least sign a Paulo DiCanio to keep us going.

Only one watcher, i presume that's Fabio.

Nah it's probably Rodgers. He's going to give an interview about how much he admires Borini's fighting spirit and desire to play for Liverpool before getting the kit man to lay that shirt out in his place in the dressing room and not including him in the squad. B-Rod will then get Borini to smell his fingers.