You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup 2014

Not really, he's a geordie........ like geordies know anything abar football.

I wonder if this(world cup) is going to be the when in doub 'get the manager out' default answer - blame Hodgson, tournmanet?

Did you watch that you daft twat? Because he's a geordie he doesn't know anything? are you fucking 11? he was spot on, a fucking blind man could see that the Italians where having a fucking field day down out left. Bilbo was screaming at Rooney to get across and cover everyone except The Hodge.  If you are going to play Rooney play him in the middle Sterling will do a job anywhere across the line that is how he has been playing for us. 

Better still shake Mr Potato heads hand and sit his fat arse on the bench.

• Upvote 1

Did you watch that you daft twat? Because he's a geordie he doesn't know anything? are you fucking 11? he was spot on, a fucking blind man could see that the Italians where having a fucking field day down out left. Bilbo was screaming at Rooney to get across and cover everyone except The Hodge.  If you are going to play Rooney play him in the middle Sterling will do a job anywhere across the line that is how he has been playing for us. 

Better still shake Mr Potato heads hand and sit his fat arse on the bench.

I'm just glad it was that twat who missed a golden opportunity to score and not one of ours.

Let's see if the 'meedja' destroy Shrek tomorrow.

Thought that was the best England performance from the last 3 major championships. Crap defending for both Italy's goals though. Could also have used Lallana or Milner instead of Welbeck or Rooney to add someone who would have worked back a bit. All our lads were good especially Sterling and Sturridge. England's level dropped noticeably when Hendo went off.

Thought that was the best England performance from the last 3 major championships. 

I can't remember that far back but I guess England can count themselves a bit unlucky tonight.  But, as you say, for all the talk of Hodgson being a great defensive organiser it only seems to take some rudimentary play or movement to break down the defence. 

I can't remember that far back but I guess England can count themselves a bit unlucky tonight. But, as you say, for all the talk of Hodgson being a great defensive organiser it only seems to take some rudimentary play or movement to break down the defence.

I think he was caught between two stools trying to play like Liverpool going forward but not knowing really how to do it and the usual Hodge 442 defending deep. Hence Italy got loads of room in midfield. Was a 50-50 game for me though and both teams did ok.

Just watching the game now. Seen the 3 min highlights and Hart looked shockingly bad. Flat footed and beaten on a few shots and lucky not to concede more. Baines has gone pretty shite over the past year from what I have seen so far. Henderson and Sterling started brightly

Just watching the game now.

Neville is fucking clueless blaming Johnson for not covering behind Cahill . What was he supposed to do leave his runner in the box free.

Also had to laugh when he said

"That called for Wellbeck to break his neck...............................to get into box". Its like he is reading a autocue

Wellbeck was ok to be fair to him and could be the workhorse of the forward line but Roobey was fucking shite. Seems to me he was either not fit enough to track back or not tracking back to try and force Hodgson to move him up to and push Sterling or Sturridge wide.

Everyone seems to be glossing over this game saying its the best England performance since ever. But Italy hadn't won an international match since September 2013! That includes draws against Armenia, Denmark and the mighty Luxembourg. This was a match between 2 pretty shit teams.

All England need is someone other wideman than Rooney to play on the opposite flank to Sterling. It feels lopsided like us playing with 1 winger and 2 forward during the season.

Lallana for Rooney maybe?

Everyone seems to be glossing over this game saying its the best England performance since ever. But Italy hadn't won an international match since September 2013! That includes draws against Armenia, Denmark and the mighty Luxembourg. This was a match between 2 pretty shit teams.

To be fair to Italy, they turned up yesterday and they play best when it matter the most.