You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I did say earlier in the thread that its actually pretty good,once you give it a few episodes. The premise of the show is excellent but I just felt it got a bit repetitive over so many episodes.

Just started series 2 so will report back in due course.

Its ideal viewing for late at night when you arent tired or when you have a couple of hours to fill.

Is there a main arc throughout the series or is it just villain of the week?

Is there a main arc throughout the series or is it just villain of the week?

The show arc builds more as the show goes on. Some weeks dedicated to the arc, some just a villain, occasionally they overlap. It reminds me of the way they did X-Files years ago, there are lots of standalone episodes but loads where you wouldn't have a clue what's happening if you didn't follow it.
  • Upvote 1

Just watched the first half of the heroes reborn double header. So far, so good.

Thought it was pretty good.

The first episode of The Player was corny as fuck, shame as the premise behind it has some potential. Probably give it a few more episodes.

Thought it was pretty good.

The first episode of The Player was corny as fuck, shame as the premise behind it has some potential. Probably give it a few more episodes.

I've just finished the double now. I enjoyed it. 7/10 for a start.

As for the player, it's on my list. May hold off a while and see what others say once it's flowing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really enjoying Hand Of God. Liked the pilot when it was released last year but forgot the series got picked up. Brilliant cast including Ron Perlman and Andre Royo. Perlman's son allegedly shoots himself and is in a coma, and, desperate for answers, he turns to God, who apparently instructs him to do some fucked up shit to find out what really happened. On episode eight of season one and it's shaping up really nicely. 8/10.

The new season of You're The Worst is just as good as season one. Not the most original of concepts but it's really, really well made. Probably my favourite new comedy of the past few years. Get it watched; there's only like ten episodes so far. 9/10.

Have downloaded all the episodes of David Simon's most recent series,Show Me A Hero and will watch it when in the mood.

I downloaded that last week but don't know if I can be arsed now. The premise and a review I read calling it ' like watching an extended council meeting ' has put me off a bit.

New series of Kingdom starts next week by the way.

Recently watched Murder in Successville and found it to be pretty funny.

The concept is that they drop a celebrity into a murder investigation where there's not much of a script and loads of daftness going on around them. Thought it was a decent idea.

The lead guy in it carries it well.

I'm always a decade or two behind the times, but how the hell I didn't know two of the League Of Gentlemen boys had written other series...shocking.

Pyschoville and Inside No. 9 being re-run on one of the channels just now and the former proving once again just how talented and original they are.

The "The murderer has written "Fuck Pig" on the wall in his or her own excrement" scene had me curling up.

Superb put of 10.

• Upvote 1

I downloaded that last week but don't know if I can be arsed now. The premise and a review I read calling it ' like watching an extended council meeting ' has put me off a bit.

New series of Kingdom starts next week by the way.

Just finished it and its a bit of a slog,tbh. I cant really recommend it.

Very disappointing for me.

5/10

I'm always a decade or two behind the times, but how the hell I didn't know two of the League Of Gentlemen boys had written other series...shocking.

Pyschoville and Inside No. 9 being re-run on one of the channels just now and the former proving once again just how talented and original they are.

The "The murderer has written "Fuck Pig" on the wall in his or her own excrement" scene had me curling up.

Superb put of 10.

Watched Psychoville recently too, class.

Saw the second series of Inside No 9, good overall, bit patchy though.  Have the first series set up on sky+ but haven't got round to starting it yet.

Season two of Fargo started last night Stateside (airs Monday in the UK).  Episode one is fantstic, I had my doubts about a Fargo TV show, but the first season was great and the second has started the same way.

Just watched the first episode of season 2. Interesting start. I thought the first season was excellent, so hopefully this lives up to the standards set.

Finished Show Me a Hero, 7/10, it's not for everyone, it's very well made, but a bit too ambitious for essentially a weak story. I'm a fan of Simon's and I get  what he is trying to do, but would appreciate more drama and stronger characters. It's probably too restricted by the original material.

Seen first 3 episodes of Narcos, 5/10 at best, I really don't understand what people see in this, poor dialogue, lame storytelling, needless and irritating constant voiceover, bland casting. The opposite of SMAH, it makes you wonder how they managed to take such a fascinating story and made it into something so boring and unremarkable.