You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

9 hours ago, neko said:

Maybe it's different in the UK, but the stores that usually ask you if you want a receipt are the places that you are 99.99% likely not to be returning items, like groceries or food. If you're buying a TV or building products, of course you'd want a receipt, and it would be given to you without asking.

That's the only reason I thought your annoyance with receipts seemed a bit weird. Who even wants people passing paper to you if you don't need it ?

Anyways, nobody seems offended by the little stickers on fruit, which makes me sad.

Them little stickers are fuckers to get off unless you wash the food as soon as you have bought it. The amount of times while slicing up a pepper (for example) and had to spend 10 minutes removing the sticker and scrubbing the glue off it...! So yeah little stickers on fruit and veg! 

When you are waiting for a phone call from somewhere, usually a hospital for confirmation of an appointment and they never ring you within the time they specify.

Then when they do ring they hang up after one ring just to say on their data sheet that they called and there was no answer. Has happened twice this week when wanting confirmation of appointments for my son. You ring back and have to wait ages to be put through to the right person. 

One cheeky bitch said "I rang about 20 minutes ago and there was  no answer"

No you didn't, you hung up after one ring on a withheld number barely giving me a chance to answer the phone and you were too lazy to leave a message. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Organised zoom fun. Everyone from the office coming on to a Zoom call on a Friday night for drinks along with wacky backdrops, cocktails and hats. Makes my fucking toes curl, the English awkwardness of it all. I'm only half listening most of the time but god its hard work. 

Grim. 

9 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Asking my son to tidy his bedroom. Me and Mrs Kurtz earn all the money, maintain the house and garden, cook, do the washing, clean and tidy everything but if we ask him to tidy up his room there are tears and tantrums for a good 15 minute before he acquiesces. Drives me fucking mad.  

Gone are the days of a thick ear. 

12 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Asking my son to tidy his bedroom. Me and Mrs Kurtz earn all the money, maintain the house and garden, cook, do the washing, clean and tidy everything but if we ask him to tidy up his room there are tears and tantrums for a good 15 minute before he acquiesces. Drives me fucking mad.  

Try to control your emotions and ask him nicely

• Upvote 3

Sky Q remote! its more sensitive than a confused teenager. Fucking dare move sound turns to 100 causing full panic stations red alert "what about the fucking neighbours"  fuck off. Then try and look through menus and it fucks off on its own agenda if you haven't the precision of a Japanese sword maker. Its blue tooth so it doesn't even need to be pointing at the TV.. unless your blasee as fuck and want the world to know it whats the effort in pointing a remote at the TV. Its worse than the shit currently on TV.

22 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Sky Q remote! its more sensitive than a confused teenager. Fucking dare move sound turns to 100 causing full panic stations red alert "what about the fucking neighbours"  fuck off. Then try and look through menus and it fucks off on its own agenda if you haven't the precision of a Japanese sword maker. Its blue tooth so it doesn't even need to be pointing at the TV.. unless your blasee as fuck and want the world to know it whats the effort in pointing a remote at the TV. Its worse than the shit currently on TV.

Deciding to bin Sky off and telling them to poke their subscription, is up there with greatest achievements. Probably not in my top 5 but still up there.

My Top 5

1. Passing my Cycling Proficiency Test 

2. Winning a crocodile soft toy throwing competition at Pontins Prestatyn Sands.

3. Sending a written marriage proposal to Stevie Nicks, via her fan club, 30-odd year ago, although I’m yet to receive a reply.

4. A drunken Tony Adams threatening to knock me out when I asked for his autograph.

5. Posting shit and nonsense on TLW for the past 8 years.

• Upvote 2

Trying to get rid of an old Fridge freezer and a mattress got in touch with one who promised he would be here yesterday about half 5 ish never showed up so I messaged him last night asking if he can still pick up the items said he will message me 1st thing this morning , fuck all messages he really can get to fuck now .

What I can't understand if that's your business then why can you be so fucking rubbish at it .

12 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Cutting myself shaving.

Cutting myself twice when shaving.

Cutting myself for a third cunting time when shaving.

Trying to stop the bleeding after cutting myself when shaving.

Do you shave with a butchers knife?

3 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Cutting myself shaving.

Cutting myself twice when shaving.

Cutting myself for a third cunting time when shaving.

Trying to stop the bleeding after cutting myself when shaving.

What do you cut it with ? A Colt 1847?