You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I can see you're not ready for this discussion yet, maybe next year then.

You only see what you want to see, that's a dangerous habit.

But the truth of the matter is that he hasn't got the legs to be doing that work in a midfield three, and I'm starting to see why we seem to have problems in that area of the field.

Anyway, next year yeah.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/b]

I Think we will buy before the weekend if the reports are true possibly Sakho .

and throw him straight into a game with the mancs.....really? Even if any new signing was a 21 year old cloned from Jockie and Sami I cant see Rogers doing that at all

As for signings,reckon they won't happen till monday nite...Sly Sports were pissed off with a poor Jim White day last year ,all xfers are being pushed for monday night I reckon

I thought Allen had a decent first half, (maybe the best I've seen him yet.) and Alberto is supposed to be a striker, not sure how much he's played in midfield before. Gerrard just seemed tired near the end like several others though, so agreed with the last part.

The other thing with Alberto might be confusion, especially if he's used to playing in such a different team set up with Barcelona. It might take him a decent while to adjust.

I thought Allen was ok, did you not see him early last season when he was excellent? Alberto is NOT a striker he's an attacking midfielder like Shelvey who he directly replaced - which is pretty much where he played.

Being stretchered off and jumping one one leg before falling down didnt look good, so i guess he's out, but has there been any official word yet?

Rodgers said it didnt look good but wont know til morning.

Allen hamstring.

Cissokho prob ok. Cut ankle or something

I can see you're not ready for this discussion yet' date=' maybe next year then.

But the truth of the matter is that he hasn't got the legs to be doing that work in a midfield three, and I'm starting to see why we seem to have problems in that area of the field.

Anyway, next year yeah.[/quote']

And only you can see this. Only you, ergo you must be right? He's the least of our worries.

We played like kings when we went down to 10 men, it was brilliant.

What does that say? I'm not even sure, but I love to look at it in more depth.

By the way, Gerrard is a shithouse, that was a fucking appalling performance, he strolled around the park. im not sure if he thinks he looks like Zidane in his languid style at times. He needs a word with himself because the were a lot of young lads out there who probably wondered what the fuck their captain was doing.

Well done Sterling, a brilliant stint at RB, that's how you develop lad.

Sturridge playing like an old head, still young though, lots of credit to him.

Sterling was fucking useless.

I can see you're not ready for this discussion yet, maybe next year then.

Anyway, next year yeah.

Double sessions catching up with them?

Just realized that we could possible play 3-4-3

----Wisdom----Agger---Cissokho------

-Johnson--------------------Enrique

------------Lucas-------------

------Gerrard--------Countinho---

--------------Aspas--------

------------Sturridge---------

Not sure how that's a 3-4-3? Maybe a 3-4-3 could be possible with Kelly or Skrtel instead of Wisdom at the back though. If he's having issues with 4 at the back he's almost definitely going to have them with 1 less player and against Utd!

Trying it out against Utd for the first time (and especially with our decent start so far.) would be an insane risk though. Would love us to start playing 3-4-3 against some teams one day, but it doesn't look like we're ready for that type of change at the moment.

I dare you to watch the game back and see how many times he gets caught on the wrong side of play and doesn't work to get back behind the ball, or doesn't challenge or chase when someone is a yard or two away. Really wound me up watching tonight.

Gerrard may well have been knackered, and I'm sure the notts county midfielders were also knackered.

We need to start killing teams off with the amount of chances that we're creating. Against better teams it could end up biting us on the arse. A scare but through to next round is all that counts.

The shit that wisdom is getting is out of order, he's only a young inexperienced defender, he needs time to bulk up.

Maybe it could be possible with Kelly or Skrtel instead of Wisdom. If he's having issues with 4 at the back he's almost definitely going to have them with 1 less player and against Utd!

Trying it out against Utd for the first time (and especially with our decent start so far.) would be an insane risk though. Would love us to start playing 3-4-3 against some teams one day, but it doesn't look like we're ready for that type of change at the moment.

3-4-3 on attack, 5-3-2 on defense

Johnson--Wisdom---Agger---Cissokho---Enrique

--------Lucas--------------Gerrard--------

------------------Countinho---------------

-------------Aspas----------Sturridge--------