You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched it back through last night, interesting on second viewing.

We were brilliant in the first half. Even though Luis Alberto has an absolute nightmare, and we were without Coutinho and Suarez, we were brilliant.

By the way, Luis Alberto really picked up in the second half and looked very good at times.

But I think the problem was that Notts County tried to play football against us in the first half, and then came out in the second half and hit a lot of long balls, and won them, and we are not designed to cope with that. The midfield was too far away from the defence when this happened, and so there was always a County player or two who dropped off and collected the knock-down, with our midfielders not addressing the problem at all, perhaps thinking the defence would push out and let the long balls drop over the back of them for Mignolet to collect. It didnt happen, the defence retreated and the midfield did not.

I think us going down to 10 men was a blessing because Notts County thought they could then revert back to playing football and beat us that way, and that's when we cut them to ribbons again.

I'm not sure what to do with Johnson. It;s too late to sell him for a good price now, but maybe in January we should seriously look at seeing if there is some interest in him from Arsenal or something, he seems like an Arsenal defender, all power and pace and no passion to make it count against committed opposition. I like Johnson, he seems like a really nice lad, but he seems bored by football.

Just watched it on LFCtv now can't believe the grief gerrard got off some, if any other player put in that performance they would get rave reviews. If Lucas did as much he'd be getting calls for a knighthood. Gerrards average is better than most players best.

Has been that way for years. Some people won't realise what they have until it's gone.