You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Are you flying in and out of Hanoi col?

My advice, if it were possible would be to fly into Saigon and out of Hanoi. Then hot foot it between the 2. That way you won't spend anytime backtrackin and you'll have more chance of seeing all the boss shit.

This man knows.

Banjo have you been around Indonesia/Malaysia?

Is there a thread on here? I'm shit with the search function.

This man knows.

Banjo have you been around Indonesia/Malaysia?

Is there a thread on here? I'm shit with the search function.

Been to both mate but only very limited experience. I had nearly 3 months to cover all of them and Thailand but spent over 2 months in the latter. That meant seeing shit in fast forward. Malaysia I didn't see much of at all. The islands up near the Thai border are supposed to be amazing but I never got there. KL is an incredible place tho. I'd go back there tomorrow. As for Indonesia - my experience is entirely with Bali as I was in full scubadiver and pisshead mode when I was there. Brilliant place like, loads of pissed Aussies tho- that may or may not be your thing. Remains the hottest place I've ever been, unsure if they were having a heatwave at the time or its the norm , either way it's a 3 showers a day place. Hot, cheap and ace.

• Upvote 1

I've got 3 months from September, landing in KL, the only thing I've planned is a live aboard dive boat for 5 days diving off Burma from the 29th of October, it's with my dive instructor from Koh Tao, he's chartered the boat for 10 people.

I'm mainly gonna be diving and getting pissed around Bali too.

• Upvote 2

Are you flying in and out of Hanoi col?

My advice, if it were possible would be to fly into Saigon and out of Hanoi. Then hot foot it between the 2. That way you won't spend anytime backtrackin and you'll have more chance of seeing all the boss shit.

Cheers for the advice RB.

Do you know if it's possible to do it the other way round? I'm just thinking it may make more sense to do the north first and work our way down ending up at the more touristy stuff than the other way round.

Beautiful surroundings, hot women, cold beer equals little to no discipline in lifey.

Cheers for the advice RB.

Do you know if it's possible to do it the other way round? I'm just thinking it may make more sense to do the north first and work our way down ending up at the more touristy stuff than the other way round.

Beautiful surroundings, hot women, cold beer equals little to no discipline in lifey.

Of course. Assuming you're gonna be flying into Bangkok so flights from there to either are very easy to get.

The reason I suggested Ho Chi Min city first is because there's loads of war museum's there which you will probably look in on, and some of it if horrifically bad shit. You can then get that out of your system as you get up the coast. The reason i suggested the end in Hanoi is because it's just awesome and you save the best for last right? Halong Bay is the jewel in the crown. Breathtakingly ace, and if your there a day or 2 before you leave then your last memories of Vietnam will be pure bliss.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He's going to Laos his luggage? It happened to me once. We went on a family holiday to Burma, my Dad and Sister got their stuff by My an' mar's stuff was gone.

Of course. Assuming you're gonna be flying into Bangkok so flights from there to either are very easy to get.

The reason I suggested Ho Chi Min city first is because there's loads of war museum's there which you will probably look in on, and some of it if horrifically bad shit. You can then get that out of your system as you get up the coast. The reason i suggested the end in Hanoi is because it's just awesome and you save the best for last right? Halong Bay is the jewel in the crown. Breathtakingly ace, and if your there a day or 2 before you leave then your last memories of Vietnam will be pure bliss.

I bow to your far superior knowledge mate.

You've just summed up in a couple of sentences what I want from the trip.

Sounds fucking excellent sire. You'll have a blast.

I've wanted to 'do' Vietnam for 20 years so it just works perfectly. Folksy was planning on going this year but put it back to January to match my holiday year.

Dropped the cash round to his wife an hour a go and she's sorting flights now.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Laos and Cambodia are still possibilities. As is fucking off work and not coming back xx

Did you just use kisses on the forum to Stringers, Col?

So gay it's actually straight.

• Upvote 1