You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

59 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

@Creator Supreme Mate I'm really sorry to hear you're not feeling yourself mate. I can't add to the brilliant advice already given all I can say is you're great, people love and rely on you and you are allowed to be a bit more selfish when it comes to taking care of yourself.  

Cheers Stig!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, A Red said:

@Creator Supreme I spent ages composing a pm for you only to be unable to send it as you're inbox is probably full so i've cut and pasted it below -

Pull yourself together.

Seriously, I hope you are over the worst and try to remember its only temporary and that you have people that love and need you.

Thanks mate, I know we don't always see eye to eye, but it says a lot that you're willing to help in situations like this.

Stay safe. Must remember to clear my inbox, thanks for the reminder. 

7 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Done it again, another fucking meltdown, ended in a screaming match with the wife. Now I either get help, or I move out, the self-destruction continues apace.

Your wife might need to consider her approach to this situation too mate, I don't know much but if she's screaming back she's not being as constructive and supportive as she can be, just a thought,  you're a couple, you work on it and sort it together.

• Upvote 2

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Take care bud.

Thanks mate.

1 minute ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Your wife might need to consider her approach to this situation too mate, I don't know much but if she's screaming back she's not being as constructive and supportive as she can be, just a thought,  you're a couple, you work on it and sort it together.

I think she's at the end of her tether with me kicking off mate, she's put up with a lot over the years from me, I think this is one meltdown too far!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Done it again, another fucking meltdown, ended in a screaming match with the wife. Now I either get help, or I move out, the self-destruction continues apace.

Take the help.

I don’t know you but, for many, that first step is the most difficult. If you can, try and get your wife to be involved in that. It might be beneficial for her to see and perhaps truly understand what’s causing your “meltdowns”, that they are a symptom of a serious illness, not who you are or maybe what she thinks you’ve become. 

Again, who am I to diagnose you on an Internet forum but I don’t think you’re going to fix this in your own. Maybe you know it as well. 

I hope you do get help and I hope you are patient with yourself if it takes a while to see genuine progress. Every journey starts with a single step. If posting about this on here is half a step, then please take that little extra half a step and reach out to someone qualified. 

There will be others on here who can completely relate. I hope you don’t feel this as pressure, but we are with you. We really are.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Take the help.

I don’t know you but, for many, that first step is the most difficult. If you can, try and get your wife to be involved in that. It might be beneficial for her to see and perhaps truly understand what’s causing your “meltdowns”, that they are a symptom of a serious illness, not who you are or maybe what she thinks you’ve become. 

Again, who am I to diagnose you on an Internet forum but I don’t think you’re going to fix this in your own. Maybe you know it as well. 

I hope you do get help and I hope you are patient with yourself if it takes a while to see genuine progress. Every journey starts with a single step. If posting about this on here is half a step, then please take that little extra half a step and reach out to someone qualified. 

There will be others on here who can completely relate. I hope you don’t feel this as pressure, but we are with you. We really are.

Thanks again mate.

• Upvote 1

You need to start being accountable for your actions mate before it's too late to fix things with your wife.

Get on medication if you aren't already and work out your triggers, even if that means you do move out because family life is the thing that's causing it.

Do the same shit over and over and you'll be forever stuck in a negative loop.

No matter your circumstances, believe me things can change for the better and you will adapt.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I've been doing Psychotherapy (and a 12 step programme) for 3 years now and it has helped me immensely. In fact I love it now. Don't be afraid of getting help. Admittedly not everyone can afford Psychotherapy, but if you can then it is well worth the investment.

I don't know your story (are you addicted to anything?) but the pivotal point in my life was recognizing I would never get recovery by myself - I needed help.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Thanks mate.

I think she's at the end of her tether with me kicking off mate, she's put up with a lot over the years from me, I think this is one meltdown too far!

You'll be able to push her way further I reckon,  that's my experience , not that that's a challenge  just that it's not too late to turn things around.