You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Does this lad know anything of is he spouting crap?

the chairman as well as other mexican radio stations have tweeted that we are interested in signing him. that lads the only one whos said its a done deal so probably bullshit.

we were also keen on pachuca's another youngster marco bueno, who was at liverpool on trial and is rumored to join us this summer as well. maybe we are trying to tie up these two deals together.

Banega is seriously injured and would cost a good £20m. He's hardly the aggressive midfielder we've been screaming out for either

Not another injured player please- the last two we bought injured (Aquilani and Carroll) should have taught us something.

Stephen Martin þ @stephen1martin

Retweet

Favorite

· Open

#lfc in neg's with Cruyff for role at club. Talks in place for Banega. Possible swap deal with Feyenoord for Kuyt. Prem clubs interested too

Oof, pile of shit that.

Who's negotiating all this then? Kenny? In the hours before a merseyside semi at Wembley?

Unsettling Kuyt before the end of the season?

I have no idea whether the JC stuff is true, but he could lay the foundations for the club for generations. I can't see how it could work with Kenny though, as JC would be constantly criticising the first team for lack of footballing ambition.

But to have all the teams at the club playing the same attacking system, and developing players alongside the Barca guy could put us in a strong position 10-20 years down the line.

The fact that we'd be signing pacey attacking players would be something we'd all welcome.

The club has a scouting network and any players coming in this summer will already be lined up. There might be a few last minute alterations but I can't see our entire transfer policy being decided in May these things are planned months in advance even by us

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Stevie Wonder & Ray Charles

You're not telling me they've got rid of Helen Keller as well? Savage bastards.

• 2 weeks later...

Realistic summer targets for me would be:

Fletcher. Woves.

Albrighton. Villa

Johnson. City

De Jong. City.

I don't give a fuck that 3 of them are English.

All four could be relative bargains and would improve us.

Sell Downing and Adam. Keep faith with Carroll.

Forget about Henderson as a midfielder.

He was excellent at right back. A revelation.

Steven Gerrards replacement needs to creep out of the woodwork soon too.

Release the hounds.......

I'm not sure how realistic they are or whether they'd be bargains.

No chance of De Jong, he's supposed to want out of City to get first team football and i doubt he'd displace Lucas.

Johnson's on some kind of mega wages and haven't Villa only recently tied Albrighton down to a new long term deal. If we went for him we'd be paying Henderson level fees at least as they clearly rate him highly and they were happy to hold us over a barrel for Downing.

And if you're keeping faith with Carroll why buy Fletcher?

I'm not saying those signings wouldn't improve us, but we've seen what happens when we target players from teams already in this league who have no financial need to sell.

Realistic summer targets for me would be:

Fletcher. Woves.

Albrighton. Villa

Johnson. City

De Jong. City.

I don't give a fuck that 3 of them are English.

All four could be relative bargains and would improve us.

Sell Downing and Adam. Keep faith with Carroll.

Forget about Henderson as a midfielder.

He was excellent at right back. A revelation.

Steven Gerrards replacement needs to creep out of the woodwork soon too.

Release the hounds.......

Fletcher is the same as our strikers, does a lot of good work then fucks it by not being clinical enough, if we're desperate enough to raid Wolves it would have to be for Doyle, Villa would fuck us for price over Albrighton with no gurantee of success, De Jong I would like but think Lucas would remain first choice so with an option of sitting on the bench at City or sitting on our bench or first team football we'd lose out to one of them, Adam Johnson would be a great signing and one I've wanted for a long time

I just hope we do some scouting

Yes, that would be nice. I guess my point is that rather than buying Cabaye off Newcastle for £20m (lets just pretend for a minute that he'd join us), we buy a similar player from a French club for £5m.

But I guess even if we massively overspend it'll be an improvement on last summer if they're at least good players.