You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking news on Sky Sports is Blackpool reject Liverpools £4million bid for Charlie.

WoOGii

I havent read everything in the thread so Im sorry if this has already been asked.

I think Charlie Adam looks like a good creative player, someone who can move the ball quickly up the field to Gerrard, Torres etc, just wondering if anyone knows why he's only got 6 caps for Scotland.

Thanks

Because he is complete fucking shite

Well I cant post that when we sign him

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think of it like this, if someone were to come in for Steven Gerrard with a bid of 10-15 million do you think you'd 'keep your cool'?

He's vital to blackpool, they know if they stay up they can keep continuing to be in the Premier League and get better and better.

Would you rather have a nibble on the bone or a whole bone?

(Worst analogy ever)

Yep. While I like Adam and wouldn't mind him as an addition to our squad for the right price I find it hard to believe that people are fawning over not even the third choice scottish central midfielder to replace Lucas, a defensive midfielder who is no doubt our most improved player.

Fuck me you're like a dose of the clap, do you have to dribble on everything that you fucking see, vet yer posts yer boring bastard. Just because it doesn't 'cost' you fuck all to post, it costs the rest of us that have to cycle through yer shite on thread after thread, next time ask the question - have i already made this statement in one of my many other much lauded responses.

Funny you should mention Meireles seeing he is a better tackler than Lucas and hardly ever concede fouls.

Why do a player have to tackle though, is it because his positioning is bad so he`s always half a yard away from where he is supposed to be?

In Lucas case, yes it is.

And how you can say Adam is statistically ineffective only God knows, Adam win 86% of the tackles he makes, Lucas 65%.

Why does a player have to tackle? Because if they didn't, the other team would have nearly 100% of the possession for the entire game? Seriously, what a stupid question. I can't believe you even typed it.

Adam wins 86% of the tackles he makes because he makes comparatively few. That suggests that he doesn't really make the effort defensively and presumably goes for the easy ones, therefore making him more likely to be successful in the tackle. That's the think with smaller sample sets. One result can make a massive difference.

I notice that you've cited Lucas losing the ball even though his pass distribution is proven by your own quoted statistics to be better than Adam's too.

Why does a player have to tackle? Because if they didn't, the other team would have nearly 100% of the possession for the entire game? Seriously, what a stupid question. I can't believe you even typed it.

Adam wins 86% of the tackles he makes because he makes comparatively few. That suggests that he doesn't really make the effort defensively and presumably goes for the easy ones, therefore making him more likely to be successful in the tackle. That's the think with smaller sample sets. One result can make a massive difference.

I notice that you've cited Lucas losing the ball even though his pass distribution is proven by your own quoted statistics to be better than Adam's too.

I have to say that I can understand what Code is saying. Because position is as important as the tackle it self.

Not that Im convinced that Adams is going to be the defencive player we need. But we sure need better players than we have today....

And yet again we are been dragged through the press and accused of drastically under valuing and unsettling players. What is it with our club that we seem to nearly always go into these things cack-handed.

Blackpool's Chairman is being a prick. he was on talksport this morning, calling our bid derisory when Villa and Birmingham have submitted lower bids, accused us of running to the press every 5 minutes.

When posed the question of would Adam be at Blackpool in Februaury, Blackpool's chairman replied "Thats upto Mr Commolli"

as I said Prick!

Blackpool's Chairman is being a prick. he was on talksport this morning, calling our bid derisory when Villa and Birmingham have submitted lower bids, accused us of running to the press every 5 minutes.

When posed the question of would Adam be at Blackpool in Februaury, Blackpool's chairman replied "Thats upto Mr Commolli"

as I said Prick!

He's the one moaning on talksport and Holloway is on Sky every day, buy we're the ones going to the press every 5 minutes.

It's our problem when it's our name getting dragged through the dirt yet again.

The opinion of Ian Holloway and some chairman no one has ever heard of will hardly be sending shockwaves around world football. They are also in a media war with Houllier and Villa. They're the ones embarrassing themselves though typically you moan and say its all our fault.

And yet again we are been dragged through the press and accused of drastically under valuing and unsettling players. What is it with our club that we seem to nearly always go into these things cack-handed.

It's what we've done for about a decade now and I think it's fair criticism.

In particular, we excel in paltry, unreaslitic bids or pathetic failed late window efforts.

In NESV's defence, we don't have a CEO at the moment so that doesn't make things easy.

Anyone else thrilled that only OUR offer is an insult? Birmingham and Villa made alright, lower, offers.

Oh be quiet.

"Holloway suggested Adam could be worth "£46m" due to what Blackpool would earn should they avoid relegation and Holloway described Villa's recent offers as "absolutely disgraceful".

"Obviously Aston Villa are a massive club but how can they rate Darren Bent at that sort of figure and offer me that for Charlie?" Holloway said. "I think it is quite derisory"

It's what we've done for about a decade now and I think it's fair criticism.

In particular, we excel in paltry, unreaslitic bids or pathetic failed late window efforts.

In NESV's defence, we don't have a CEO at the moment so that doesn't make things easy.

I dont see how the lack of CEO can be used in NESV's defence. Theyre the fuckers who should of appointed one by now.

I dont see how the lack of CEO can be used in NESV's defence. Theyre the fuckers who should of appointed one by now.

That's true, but I'm willing go give them a bit of grace until the window closes. If Adam is the only player coming in (financed by Babel's departure), then they have messed up.