You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking news on Sky Sports is Blackpool reject Liverpools £4million bid for Charlie.

WoOGii

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comolli is not qualified to negotiate transfers its that simple

On a second count he doesnt have the power to agree a deal as he would need to call up and get it sanctioned. If your trying to make a deal you aint going to come to an agreement with someone that cant honour the agreement with you.

Dalglish would be far better suited to carry out the negotiations than Comolli.

Lucas Leiva vs Charlie Adam

Goals: 0 - 4

Assists: 1 - 4

Red: 1 - 0

Yellow: 3 - 7

Fouls conceded: 42 - 35

Fouls won: 33 - 45

Tackles lost: 30 - 6

Tackles won: 58 - 38

Shot on target: 2 - 20

Total shot: 6 - 51

Appearances: 19 - 21

Att.created: 13 - 38

Tot.passes: 1014 - 1185

Acc.passes: 845 - 873

Min. played: 1597 - 1795

Code72 vs Yossi15

Good posts: 6 - 2

Accurate posts: 75 - 29

Post with misleading stats: 8 765 - 2

Post without stats: 65 - 317

Post about Alonso: 9 078 - 4

Post full of bollocks: 8 778 - 327

Post making sense: 6 - 2

Points made well: 14 - 1

Post worth rep: 3 - 0

Post worth neg: 7 666 - 270

Code72 vs Mypost

Ace!

Comolli is not qualified to negotiate transfers its that simple

On a second count he doesnt have the power to agree a deal as he would need to call up and get it sanctioned. If your trying to make a deal you aint going to come to an agreement with someone that cant honour the agreement with you.

Dalglish would be far better suited to carry out the negotiations than Comolli.[/QUOTE]

How fortunate for us that you have a close knowlegde of both Commolli`s and Kenny`s abilities as negotiators. Keep us informed.

I read Holloway's comments today and frankly thought they were pathetic. He's showing an absolute lack of respect towards Comolli for a start.

Here we go. An attempt at looking at what has actually happened.

First off Charlie Adam has publicly had contractual issues throughout the season, they have been settled now and it's a credit to the player that he's kept his mouth shut in public and kept performing to the best of his ability.

Ian Holloway's most endearing trait is how his slightly naive outspoken side can get the better of him, but as far as Adam (and Gilk) go, he's been airing dirty laundry in public all season long. I'm not keen on that personally.

So it's not a surprise that clubs have been alerted to a potential deal.

So our interest has been rumbling on, scouting trips and leaked info (the journalist staple) have raised the media hype.

We made a bid in January. One that I certainly do not think is derisory. It's low, but it's a point of negotiation, £6m would probably be a fair price objectively. Of course Blackpool need him for greater gain in the long run so they say no (fair enough).

As an aside, I don't particularly desire Adam, if we're to spend on a CM I'd like it to be competition for Lucas on the defensive sides of things. A destroyer that can play for 90 (unlike Poulsen). I suppose that it's a credit to Kenny that he wants as many passers of the ball in there as possible, but ultimately I wouldn't cry if we went and tried to get someone that can replace Mascha as it would give us an option to add protection to a sometimes shaky defence.

Anyway, we made a bid. Blackpool said no. Next day what should be basic business is a massive story in a slow window. Why? Because Blackpool's chairman went to the press. NOT US. THEM. If anything turned Adam's head it was this as it represents them giving our bid creedance.

Next thing you know Holloway is off on one as though we have been tapping him up and going on about him in the press... totally over the top from "McTavish". There were stories about him at Melwood, but I considered them with the same contempt I treat any transfer window sightings, I try to ignore them all unless there's evidence. Just don't want to get my hopes up.

So we made a new bid that was also rejected and also found it's way into the media (Ollie this time).

Comolli called them, a respectful and correct gesture. They turned him down and... Ian Holloway said what he said today about him "umming and ahhing" which, to me, strikes at the man's credibility. Totally out of line in my opinion. Not anger and pitchforks stuff, but snide and generally designed to leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Adam places a transfer request. Frankly, after the small-time way Blackpool have handled him this season (in line with the small time way they have ended up with three money-spinning games in mid-week!) I'm not at all surprised. I'd have run out of patience too.

Now I like Holloway, he's had problems with stress before and I can put down some of these comments to stress and his naive edge, but he's out of line here.

Lucas has created 13 attacks in 1597 minutes played in the league so far this season, in 658 minutes Poulsen has created 10.

Lucas has made 42 fouls already and lost 30 tackles, he loses more than 1 out of 3 tackles so please forgive me for not being too impressed by him and wanting an upgrade.

Lucas has spent 6 months as a holding player in a Hodgson defensive line up. Adam has spent 6 months as an attacking midfielder in an attacking lineup. But you shouldn't let that get in the way of your hatchet job.

Code72 vs Yossi15

Brilliant.

I read Holloway's comments today and frankly thought they were pathetic. He's showing an absolute lack of respect towards Comolli for a start.

Here we go. An attempt at looking at what has actually happened.

First off Charlie Adam has publicly had contractual issues throughout the season, they have been settled now and it's a credit to the player that he's kept his mouth shut in public and kept performing to the best of his ability.

Ian Holloway's most endearing trait is how his slightly naive outspoken side can get the better of him, but as far as Adam (and Gilk) go, he's been airing dirty laundry in public all season long. I'm not keen on that personally.

So it's not a surprise that clubs have been alerted to a potential deal.

So our interest has been rumbling on, scouting trips and leaked info (the journalist staple) have raised the media hype.

We made a bid in January. One that I certainly do not think is derisory. It's low, but it's a point of negotiation, £6m would probably be a fair price objectively. Of course Blackpool need him for greater gain in the long run so they say no (fair enough).

As an aside, I don't particularly desire Adam, if we're to spend on a CM I'd like it to be competition for Lucas on the defensive sides of things. A destroyer that can play for 90 (unlike Poulsen). I suppose that it's a credit to Kenny that he wants as many passers of the ball in there as possible, but ultimately I wouldn't cry if we went and tried to get someone that can replace Mascha as it would give us an option to add protection to a sometimes shaky defence.

Anyway, we made a bid. Blackpool said no. Next day what should be basic business is a massive story in a slow window. Why? Because Blackpool's chairman went to the press. NOT US. THEM. If anything turned Adam's head it was this as it represents them giving our bid creedance.

Next thing you know Holloway is off on one as though we have been tapping him up and going on about him in the press... totally over the top from "McTavish". There were stories about him at Melwood, but I considered them with the same contempt I treat any transfer window sightings, I try to ignore them all unless there's evidence. Just don't want to get my hopes up.

So we made a new bid that was also rejected and also found it's way into the media (Ollie this time).

Comolli called them, a respectful and correct gesture. They turned him down and... Ian Holloway said what he said today about him "umming and ahhing" which, to me, strikes at the man's credibility. Totally out of line in my opinion. Not anger and pitchforks stuff, but snide and generally designed to leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Adam places a transfer request. Frankly, after the small-time way Blackpool have handled him this season (in line with the small time way they have ended up with three money-spinning games in mid-week!) I'm not at all surprised. I'd have run out of patience too.

Now I like Holloway, he's had problems with stress before and I can put down some of these comments to stress and his naive edge, but he's out of line here.

Excellent post.

Tbh I can see where Holloway is coming from but at the same time, i dont think he needed to make comments like he did about Comolli now looking back at it, he is clearly frustrated that his captain wants a move here and the very fact that Comolli rang last night but we have yet to make a second bid proves to me that we are attempting to make a right bid for Adam that will be viewed as acceptable to Blackpool.

I see a lot of stats on the Adams V Lucus in midfield debate and they are totally missleading

1) Adams stats are while playing for a Blackpool side when the bigger teams seem to rest certain top players for other games

2) Lucus is doing it for a Liverpool team who are almost every team they play against's FA cup final

3) Lucus is the holding midfield player having to play a disciplind role Adam is the Free role Midfield player for Blackpool having the run of the show

Without the ball Lucus is almost twice as effective as Adam at winning it back Adam is a new boy in the Prem playing against opponants for the first time Lucus has had his game anallized to death by the opposition who know what he is likely to do with the ball at any given time in the game,

The most important stat of the all is this Lucus is a LIverpool player Adam I'snt (yet)

Support the shirt FFS

Holloway is falling into the same trap Mourinho did - talking whenever it suits Sky, as opposed to doing so when it suits him. I like Ian a lot but he's now performing on cue, even when it would suit him to shut it.

Wise words. Considering that he has a pretty obvious soft spot for our club and seems to have plenty of respect for Kenny, he'd perhaps do better to have a look at the way the King has handled Sky's ceaseless bullshit transfer agenda in the last week and treat it as an example to follow.

I havent read everything in the thread so Im sorry if this has already been asked.

I think Charlie Adam looks like a good creative player, someone who can move the ball quickly up the field to Gerrard, Torres etc, just wondering if anyone knows why he's only got 6 caps for Scotland.

Thanks