You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

People buy it, let's make more of it

One of the biggest factors in X-Factor's success is that it is driven by consumer behaviour; online pirating has ruined music, so the X Factor is what you fucking get, and what you fucking deserve.

See also: films.

That is not true though . Pirates buy more .

Study finds pirates spend 30% more on music than non-sharers | | Independent Editor's choice Blogs

I haven't got the vocabulary to describe my utter disdain for everything about this show. The judges, the self important contestants, the twatty crowd, the facebook posts from losers passing judgement like anyone is arsed what they think. I'm actually angry just typing this.

It's just so......unimportant? Everything about it. The human race gets no benefit whatsoever in watching that shite.

Makes me laugh, if you dont like it, DONT WATCH IT! same as anything else, why people get so worked up about amazes me. Same as the music, you dont like it, you dont buy it,

Idiotic.

I don't watch it yet I know everything about it, why? Because every place I go every fucker talks about the shit.

I can't even listen to the radio because the twats talk about it or play the xfactor shit songs.

"Don't watch it, don't buy it"...Fuck off you twat.

So many Bulshitters on here there is no way everyone on this thread dislikes and dont Watch it people just say shit to look good be honest to yourselfs its entertaining TV.

Lucy has left becuase shes too ill to carry on refused the free pass. Fair play too her.

Simon there are roughly 60 million people in the UK.

The X-Factor has an average viewing figure of about 8.8 million weekly.

That means about 1 in 7 watch this shite, all of which mean that 6 out of every 7 people do not, your argument is rubbish, and that's without figuring that this website is International!

People don't watch it because they think it's fucking abysmal television that focuses on lowest common denominator explications of emotion. It's generic television made for the sleepwalking masses who see sparkly lights and feel safe.

There is a world of beautiful, ethereal, difficult, romantic, depressing and wonderful music out there which doesn't need a narrative that a monkey could understand to find meaning in to justify it's existence.

The X-Factor exists for people who need to be complicit in a lie they nothing about, you are being exploited through your own innate stupidity, all for the benefit of a few 'music producers' who live lives of unerring refinement through the publics, and the mooks that go on the shows, gullibility.

While earlier in the thread I did write in support of Saturday Night tv and its value in providing a point of contact between parents and children and (whatever the merits,or otherwise, of the programme and the brand of music) I stand by this but I walked into the living room where my daughter was watching it earlier and there was this behind the scenes clip of these 2 Essex wannabes, I dont know who they are but in the words of the judge who was with them, (Nicole?) 'are you always like this?' They were so heavily made up, and one was male, that they didnt look real and they spoke and acted in that false 'Essex' way. And while I can see through it, what kind of messages do these programmes pass on to young impressionable teens. It really is the opium of the masses