You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anfield or New Anfield

Cherry Ghost

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest San Don
Anfield redevelopment is very much on the cards. #LFC had surveyors at the ground yesterday finalising feasibility plans for redevelopment.

about 1 hour ago via Seesmic Desktop

LFC Supporters (LFCZA) on Twitter

all this means is the fesibility study on Anfield is underway. Since they said they would look into redevelopment and moving to a new stadium, Id expect them to do the investigation properly.

That said, although I always supported the new stadium build, I dont think it will ever happen now. It will just work out too expensive.

I'd be more surprised now if redevelopment didnt go head.

The favoured option is redevelopment.

I speak to one of the senior utilities engineers who was at weekly board room level meetings regarding the proposed new stadium. Was also involved with the Everton/Tesco thing. He was told a while ago that the new owners were going for redevelopement rather than a new stadium.

Makes more sense to be fair.

I maybe one of few, but I would like to a whole new stadium, the lost of revenue over two seasons; the sale of naming rights etc.... too what we could in future expand too, one of the main reason for the new stadium, i believe Anfield could only expand too around 55,000 MAX? whereas the new ground with a much increased 60,000+ plus higher number of Exec box's will massive increase revenue well beyond what Anfield could offer, with the ability to expand further if needed to 70,000+ if the support increases with possible cheap ST tickets.

• 4 weeks later...

anfield_aerial.jpg

I have looked at two options for the redevelopment of Anfield. The first is based on an adaptation of Borussia Dortmund’s Westfalenstadion and the second is an original design. Westfalenstadion is a relatively straightforward design, which nonetheless has great presence and atmosphere whereas the ‘original design’ is bolder.

Both options retain all but all of the existing capacity, to which is added corporate boxes, hospitality suites and sufficient capacity to take each to 60,000. There are options to go bigger than that, but these may not be needed.

Building in phases gives the club considerable flexibility to adjust plans if and when circumstances change and the cost of adding 15,000 seats is anticipated to be significantly less than building 60,000 new seats. Retaining the value of the existing 45,000 capacity would be a compelling financial driver to stay at Anfield, which already earns in the order of £45m a year.

Clearly corporate and hospitality income are vital components and these are included in the designs. With the same facilities as a new stadium, Anfield can earn as much for less investment with:

• 60,000 capacity, with scope for further expansion in future phases

• up to 150no. boxes

• up to an additional 45,000sqm of hospitality facilities

• larger playing surface

• unobstructed sightlines

• keeps the history but looks ‘as-new’

• keeps the intimidating atmosphere of Anfield

• maintains matchday income throughout the construction period

• can maintain commitments to community regeneration

• releases Stanley Park for complementary use.

macmax architecture

anfield_aerial.jpg

Thats not too bad but the bottom design doesn't seem to include a new main stand.

The Main Stand needs knocking down 100%

It looks as though the main stand structure is retained in both options with perhaps a 3rd tier and corporate boxes added?

I think the main stand will need to be demolished and rebuilt if we are to have sufficient corporate and office space.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

That roof is fucking hideous. If we're staying at Anfield, we're doing it because we love it. What's the point in doing it up like a tart's boudoir?

On the subject of a new stadium it seems as though planning permission on the Stanley Park project expires in April 2011.

Council ready to block new Liverpool owners' plan for Anfield redevelopment | Football | The Guardian

A separate, though fundamental, reason for the council's desire for a new stadium – which has planning permission that is due to expire in April 2011

any expansion will be like St James Pk.

Anny Rd & the main stand each having a tier added. Both stands will probably be built from scratch again - main stand having more corporates added (booooo) and maybe the cornwe between the two stands might be filled in to add an extra k or so to the capacity.

nothing elaborate is required. Lets just get an extra 10-15k inside the ground and be happy.

Ideally i'd prefer ticket prices to drop too but I guess we'lljust have to wait a little longer till the bubble bursts.

On the subject of a new stadium it seems as though planning permission on the Stanley Park project expires in April 2011.

Council ready to block new Liverpool owners' plan for Anfield redevelopment | Football | The Guardian

A separate, though fundamental, reason for the council's desire for a new stadium – which has planning permission that is due to expire in April 2011

I thought commercial plans were for 5 years? makes no odds that though, as it would be unlikely anything FSG want to do would fit within the current planning permission. to be honest, you know this script, if LCC start to block any idea of not expanding anfield we'll start to look at building on the academy or something - we've been through this whole thing before and it'll happen again.