You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yanks trying to get refinance against Anfield, Players and future revenue

Marko121

Not even the most naive and uninterested fan in the world could now fail to see what these two are up to. If this is true, they are doing precisely what they said they wouldn't do when they first came along. If anyone has mates who go the match and still insist that these two are not like the Glazers, this should convince them. If this is true it should be front page Echo news.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying not to think about all this. The closer we get to this deadline, the more i am convinced they will either pull some sort of trick, or we get to the deadline and nothing happens. I think this place is going to be full of very stressed people on 6th expecting something to happen. It just isn't going to.

I am trying not to think about all this. The closer we get to this deadline, the more i am convinced they will either pull some sort of trick, or we get to the deadline and nothing happens. I think this place is going to be full of very stressed people on 6th expecting something to happen. It just isn't going to.

One way or another something will happen in my opinion!

Either the yanks pull a fast one and fans riot! Nothing happens and fans riot or RBS take over an a riot gets put on hold!

Can you honestly see people staying quiet if 'nothing' happens? I'm surprised people haven't kicked off already!

Sad thing is on really missing going the match n have not been in Months now! Thing that upsets me is that anfield is still full!!! I just see £ signs over every persons head!

Must admit I do' end up thinking 'what's the point?' the yanks are still getting our cash whether a few of us go or not!

That is exactly the point of view they rely on.

If a boycott wouldn't work we would have sold out every siongle game last season. We didn't even sell out the league games.

It can be done.

Any decision on refinance will be public knowledge at least a fortnight before the deadline if it's in there favour

Any decision on refinance will be public knowledge at least a fortnight before the deadline if it's in there favour

Why a fortnight? Is that a significant date? I know so little about finance. i am just going off gut feeling. i also know enough to know that the world of finance is fucked up, and certainly favours cunts like our pair.

Why a fortnight? Is that a significant date? I know so little about finance. i am just going off gut feeling. i also know enough to know that the world of finance is fucked up, and certainly favours cunts like our pair.

What I'm saying is it won't be a decision made on that date, it'll be made and leaked out by the yanks before deadline day if it goes in there favour

It will all get worse, not just for us, but for them.

How many members have SOS got? 50'000 I read, take that number and all of them to a man, boycott all merchandise, that would be about 5 million to start with. You might not think that is much, but with a team that has no champions leage football that suddenly means they need 30 million extra, rather than 25 milllion.

Take Nando out of the equation, because he will leave if they get refinance, and they have lost the most popular player in the premiership (by a distance), that is probably another 5 million at least

So now they may need 35-40 million more!

The fuckers can't afford it as it is, what needs to be emphasised more than ever now is that this is just the beginning.

If they refinance, more fans will boycott and less money will be coming in.

That is what SOS needs to get accross, the fact that every month that goes by with the yanks in charge more and more fans will join in the boycott.

What I'm saying is it won't be a decision made on that date, it'll be made and leaked out by the yanks before deadline day if it goes in there favour

Right, I'm with you. The 6th is too late as that is the deadline i suppose. i won't be taking no news as good news though. No way am i getting my hopes up about this one.

They won't get re-finance, I expect the sale process to continue but with RBS leaning more heavily on the board to progress it.

RBS know if they intervene and we end up with a fire sale and the team finishing lower than last year the value of the club drops below what they are owed. I reckon they will be happy with their money back as they have been having interest paid for years as income.

Moores? Parry?

Moores and Parry are to blame for selling the club.

The cunts that own us don't want to sell because wankers turn up every other week whinging about them whilst handing over their cash. They are living on the other side of the world and don't give a flying fuck until their revenue streams are hit.

Moores and Parry are to blame for selling the club.

The cunts that own us don't want to sell because wankers turn up every other week whinging about them whilst handing over their cash. They are living on the other side of the world and don't give a flying fuck until their revenue streams are hit.

How can you call people who don't want to give their season ticket up wankers?

What if people think a boycott would damage the club more in the long run? How do you know a boycott wouldn't scare off any potential buyers?

Lifetime Fan? If they DO in the face of the Financial Tornado now coming to bear on them Somehow manage to Retain control of our beloved Club as you "Fully Expect them to" AFTER 6th October? Then I Fully expect them to suffer from one or ALL of the following (or any combination) soon after that date: intimidated, personally Attacked, not long for this world, threatened, attacked in the street/their homes, suffering ahem "unfortunate but unavoidable accidents that mysteriously incapacitate them" - Delete as appropriate. Call me a nutjob all you like (and Many have in the past) for expressing this view but I honesetly believe it now WILL come to this if they continue not to listen - I'd only say Do such things as a last resort and unfortunately - That is where I believe we now are - At the VERY last resort - In my own view, The only shame is I'm to far away to do such things myself to these b*stards who are ruining OUR club for Personal Gain.

Look, What I mean by that is this. I'm normally a mild mannered bloke who will listen to anyone's point of view within reason but THOSE two? They bring about such an unholy rage on my part at the thought of their very Names that I sometimes worry about it I do. The Really worrying thing to me is that I'd have No hesitation doing ANY of the above to them if I ever met them after what they've put our club through. The even MORE worrying thing is I'm utterly convinced that one (or maybe more) or our fans WILL try this at some point since I believe these two would hold out even until such as is listed above is done or attempted on them and only Then would they get the message - That level of determination on their part to hold onto us IS scary.

Unfortunately, I believe WE will Have to match it to remove them and if They get hurt in the process? Tough Luck, it's their own stupid fault for tangling with something so dear to so many and deliberately setting out to ruin it for profit - We can't afford passengers or less than total commitment on Our side now - It's All-Out WAR against the Vampires (Should have been since Day 1) and We Must now remove them by ANY means necessary - Whatever that may entail - They have sown the wind, yes? Well, now let them reap the whirlwind..................

Il fenomeno - Our situation is SO highly publicised that all a boycott would do other than FATALLY crippling their ability to 'Hold Out' as they have so annoyingly done for TO long now; Is Encourage buyers to flock to us as they would know that the club would soon be worth So little and be doing SO much financial damage to the Yanks (as indeed, it is starting to) that the Only thing they could do is flog us ASAP for as little as possible. Look at OT - Everyone thought a boycott wouldn't work there - but their season ticket sales have been badly hit by the fight against the Glazers and if THAT can happen there with their size and everything then it can sure happen at Anfield to with a little prodding in the right direction.

With all this in mind? You can bet that despite what the Yanks seem to mistakenly believe - A boycott at Anfield would NOT result in hordes of ticket hunters snapping up season tickets for free - Nearly All our fans know what the vampires are up to now and IF such a boycott began and was Widely publicised? I honestly believe it would catch on like wildfire - Heck, it's even the ONE thing that Tom Hicks has Publicly almost implied he's deathly scared of at Liverpool - I seem to remember speaking to someone on the web a few years back who knew someone who'd contacted Tom via Email and asked him what he thought of that person (the contacter's) attempt to begin a boycott - And this person had contacted him Many times about various subjects regarding Liverpool with NO reply or very late replies before asking this question, bear in mind.

Tom's reply to the Boycott question though? Was forwarded back to the person within FOUR minutes and not only did he ask the person who contacted him if he was mad - He did so in such a tone that indicated that they'd most definitely touched a VERY raw nerve or hit upon something that Tom TRULY feared happening - I'm betting on the latter. What's more? I believe more than a few of our season ticket holders are Well aware of just what Hicks & Gillette are now up to but due to a combination of laziness/apathy/"let someone else start it, not Me" on their part - They are Not going to start such a boycott without a Huge boot up the a*se - Hence they're Lazy so and so's as said earlier. If Anyone has it in their power to boot out Tom and George, it Is THEM and they know it.

Everyone also knows that Nothing speaks like Empty seats/stadiums - Empty seats got Gareth Southgate sacked at 'Boro not to long ago - Empty seats forced revolution on the Arsenal Board in the 80's, the fear of empty seats brought Fergie to United in that decade to And eventually forced out Martin Edwards, Empty Seats to brought about the downfall of Mourinho at Chelsea - Empty Seats WOULD bring about the Vampires Downfall and VERY quickly to given the mess they're in but DO our Season Ticket Holders (the one's who can bring about such Empty Seats) have it in them to instigate such a revolution? Only they know but I suspect we will ALL soon have the answer, I think to it is one our American Cousins may not at all one little bit. For that? They've only themselves to blame..............

Edited by Redshadow

Lifetime Fan? If they DO in the face of the Financial Tornado now coming to bear on them Somehow manage to Retain control of our beloved Club as you "Fully Expect them to" AFTER 6th October? Then I Fully expect them to suffer from one or ALL of the following (or any combination) soon after that date: intimidated, personally Attacked, not long for this world, threatened, attacked in the street/their homes, suffering ahem "unfortunate but unavoidable accidents that mysteriously incapacitate them" - Delete as appropriate. Call me a nutjob all you like (and Many have in the past) for expressing this view but I honesetly believe it now WILL come to this if they continue not to listen - I'd only say Do such things as a last resort and unfortunately - That is where I believe we now are - At the VERY last resort - In my own view, The only shame is I'm to far away to do such things myself to these b*stards who are ruining OUR club for Personal Gain.

Look, What I mean by that is this. I'm normally a mild mannered bloke who will listen to anyone's point of view within reason but THOSE two? They bring about such an unholy rage on my part at the thought of their very Names that I sometimes worry about it I do. The Really worrying thing to me is that I'd have No hesitation doing ANY of the above to them if I ever met them after what they've put our club through. The even MORE worrying thing is I'm utterly convinced that one (or maybe more) or our fans WILL try this at some point since I believe these two would hold out even until such as is listed above is done or attempted on them and only Then would they get the message - That level of determination on their part to hold onto us IS scary.

Unfortunately, I believe WE will Have to match it to remove them and if They get hurt in the process? Tough Luck, it's their own stupid fault for tangling with something so dear to so many and deliberately setting out to ruin it for profit - We can't afford passengers or less than total commitment on Our side now - It's All-Out WAR against the Vampires (Should have been since Day 1) and We Must now remove them by ANY means necessary - Whatever that may entail - They have sown the wind, yes? Well, now let them reap the whirlwind..................

nutjob

Can someone who knows about business law explain how the outright owners of a private unlisted company could be in a position where they could be overruled on decisions regarding their own business?
I don't know about business law but how can they be outright owners when they haven't paid for the club. When you buy a house the BS hold the deeds until you pay the mortgage in full so in my view they don't own the club.

Liverpool Debt Moved to Bank Restructure as Hicks, Gillett Deadline Nears - Bloomberg

Liverpool’s owners may struggle to get an extension on their 237-million pound ($366 million) loan after Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc moved the soccer club’s debt to its restructuring team, two people familiar with the situation said.

RBS agreed in April to extend the loan until Oct. 6 to give Americans George Gillett and Tom Hicks time to sell. By involving its restructuring team, the government-owned bank is signaling that it’s unlikely to give them further time and will probably take a role in finding a buyer, one of the people said. The two people declined to be identified because talks are continuing.

Hicks and Gillett bought the club in 2007 for 219 million pounds, including debt, and their holding group now has debts of 351 million pounds. The 18-time English champion failed to reach this year’s Champions League, which can add more than 30 million pounds in revenue. While Hicks in April said he wanted as much as 800 million pounds for the team, no bidder has approached the asking price.

“The roulette wheel stops spinning on Oct. 6,” said Stephen Schechter, founder and chief executive officer at Schechter & Co. in London, who has helped Newcastle, Southampton and Germany’s Schalke raise money.

Penalties

The loan extension had penalties for not selling the club by a deadline and the additional costs mean Kop Football (Holdings) Ltd, Liverpool’s parent company, owes about 260 million pounds to the bank, the people said.

Hicks and Gillett tried to refinance the debt with other lenders in June. Those attempts were blocked by board members Chairman Martin Broughton, Commercial Director Ian Ayre and Managing Director Christian Purslow.

Jonathan Brill, a spokesman for Hicks and Gillett, declined to comment. RBS Spokeswoman Aiofe Reynolds wasn’t able to immediately comment.

The bank has faced protest from Liverpool’s supporters. They’ve sent thousands of e-mails to bank executives, including CEO Stephen Hester, urging them not to extend the Americans’ credit facility. Under the terms of the deal, RBS may take control of the club if a new buyer isn’t found by the time the debt matures.

Interested Parties

Prospective buyers were told they would have to pay off RBS debts in full, finance a new stadium and improve the squad. The people said RBS would now accept a down payment of between 100 million pounds and 150 million pounds with an agreement to pay the remainder of the loan down over a longer term.

Groups from India and Hong Kong linked with Liverpool have released statements saying they are no longer interested in bidding. Yahya Kirdi, a Canada-based Syrian investor, claims to represent a group interested in acquiring the team.

“If you were a prospective buyer, I would call RBS and say I’m interested in buying your loan,” Schechter said. “I would notify Gillett and Hicks that I’m the new lender and there will be no extensions, renewal or modifications of the loan: It is due and payable in full on Oct. 6. What that does is stop the game.”

In March, Hicks and Gillett turned down a 110-million pound offer from New York-based Rhone Group LLC for 40 percent of the club. The money would have been used to pay down the debt.