You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Mirror:

Liverpool takeover news: Revealed - The other two bidders vying with Kenny Huang for control of the Reds - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

"The US-based Rhone group are trying to revive their earlier offer for 25 per cent of the club for a figure of around £100million, which would value the club above the offer of Huang."

Fuck off. Just fuck off. I can see Hicks and Gillett rubbing their hands together at that prospect, and as such it's instantly the most realistic, if true. They bring Rhone in to pay the next installment due to RBS and then get rid of Gerrard, Torres et al next summer. It's obvious.

One fucking dumb cunt of a whopper from the City site:

"Hope it scuppers the torres bid as I'm not keen on paying millions for another crock player."

Fuck me.

1. You'd be so fucking lucky to see a player of torres' quality you imbred manc twat.

2. "Scuppered?" Hes just pledged his loyalty you imbred manc twat.

3. Fuck off you imbred manc twat

Depends what side of the fence you sit on. Villa fans havent forgiven us as a club for the way we blatantly tried to tap up barry and unsettle him

Tapping up is an unfortunate but endemic part of the game and always has been. Every club does it in one way or another and you'll never stop it. To suggest otherwise and highlight us is naive. That doesn't make us arrogant or brash.

I'm referring to the gobshite fans waiving pound notes at visitors in the ground. I'm referring to clubs like City and Chelsea who seemed to purchase a player purely and simply to prevent rivals from doing so, and stockpiling the Scott Parkers, SWP's and the like, all on massive wages but never getting a look in. I'm also referring to the 80,90,100million pound bids and offers of quarter million a week wages.

None of the above will happen at Liverpool. I could possibly see a new owner coming in and throwing a fair wedge at a marquee publicity signing on arrival but that would be it.

I also believe that the fact we've been taken on a ride by those 2 bastards over the past few years will make us humble and wary of glorifying new found wealth. We've been trough hell and worked so hard to rid ourselves of those 2 and that hard work will not be forgotten over night just because we have new owners.

We are 100% different to what those clubs stand for, and always will be.

G&H are not going to give in without a fight and them 2 fuckers will fight dirty.

I'm not getting my hopes up till this is a done deal. Don't trust the chave twat Broughton to do the honourable thing. Expect him to accept the Rhone offer and tell us some bull why.

Looks like it's been a busy evening.

One thing worries me - Ayres. He'll do what's best for Ian Ayres, not LFC.

What makes you say that mate? I've been thinking the same but about Purslow. If it comes to a vote between the 5 man board I'd back Hicks and Gillette voting against a takeover unless they can walk away with a wedge, Broughton would obviously vote for it, Ayres I thought would do what's best for the club (he's got a good chance of keeping his job no matter who the owner is) but Purslow? What would he gain from a takeover? Not a lot but he'd lose his current job of being MD of Liverpool and all that seems to entail.

imho all we need from new owners is new ground built and then any profits from the extra revenue can be used to buy players. No harm for this season if we did get brought out giving Roy 50mill, we've been starved by the 2 tossers for long enough.

Dewey Finn on Yesterday at 11:37:59 PM

Is it worth us bombarding the Chinese media with messages of support for the Kenny Huang bid?

e.g. China Daily Website - Connecting China Connecting the World

From RAWK Hahaha, they just can't fucking help themselves!!

and:

Anfield Road » Gillett desperate to block Chinese bid for Liverpool FC

Gillett desperate to block Chinese bid for Liverpool FC

Posted on August 4th, 2010 by Jim Boardman

As the fourth pre-season under American ownership draws to a close Liverpool fans are still wondering just when ‘Snoogy Doogy’ might turn up to play in the new stadium that was supposed to open this month.

George Gillett and Tom Hicks make up the ownership ‘team’ at Anfield, allowed in practically unhindered by supporters – and the previous shareholders – because they were going to bring the stadium that would bring in Snoogy after Doogy. They were going to do this without putting any debt on the club.

In August 2010 Liverpool fans would be talking excitedly about what kind of view their new seat in the new stadium would give them, some of those fans in possession of a season ticket for the first time thanks to the increased capacity, which in July 2007 was hoped to be as high as 76,000 by the time the stadium opened. Over 30,000 extra seats and vastly improved corporate facilities would, with lucrative naming rights in place, bring in the kind of income that would give the owners their return whilst giving fans the chance to see their side compete on a level footing with their competitors at the top end of the table. The stadium would look brilliant; the good days would be back.

Cue the sound of the needle slipping off a vinyl record.

It is August 2010, but there is no new stadium. Anyone in possession of a season ticket for the first time got it because someone else gave theirs up in disgust – disgust at the thought of their hard-earned money paying off interest on debt Tom and George never mentioned back in the days of Snoogy Doogy promises. Players have to be sold before players can be bought, but most of the money from sales is never seen again anyway. Liverpool haven’t even spent £5m on transfers this summer, yet got more than that from the sale of just one player, Yossi Benayoun. Joe Cole may well turn out to be a Snoogy Doogy for the club – but he’d never have arrived had he still been under contract.

Those four summers under the Americans have included four pre-season training camps – and this one was the first one attended by either owner. Most of the big names were missing because of their involvement in the World Cup, but George Gillett still went to Bad Ragaz.

What a boost to morale the sight of Gillett must have been. At least his presence gave them something to laugh at. One example was recounted in the local Liverpool press at the weekend, a short tale about a squad member being stopped by the 70-year-old and asked for help. The grumpy old man was looking at the mountain bikes lined up outside and – according to the report – wanted to have a go of one. Just one problem: “Could you possibly tell me, which is the bike belonging to Jay?” the old man asked. He was talking about young midfielder Jay Spearing, but why did he want his bike in particular? “He’s a little guy like me; all the others are too big for me to ride.”

It’s a laughable tale for all kinds of reasons, including the impression it gives that it was someone asking for help because he was short of attention.

But the fact he was in Bad Ragaz at all screams of the little man looking for attention.

Liverpool had a game arranged against a team from Saudi Arabia. Gillett had been on a jaunt around Saudi last season after inviting a Saudi “Prince” to sit in the posh seats at Anfield. Photos were taken of George and the Prince in the director’s box, in the boardroom and on the pitch. Claims were made – and later strongly denied by the club – that the Prince was going to be putting his hand in his pocket to take a share of the club. Then in Saudi there were more photos as George met people who turned out not to have anything like the kind of money needed to get involved at Anfield. But the photos made it look like he was making serious efforts to find investment. And by making sure he was in Switzerland in time to see a shadow squad take on a side from Saudi he expected to be in more photos alongside more mystery Saudi figures and in a position to leak more suggestions that he had some serious investors lined up.

That idea was lost in a torrent of rain that saw the game called off. But the rain didn’t wash away his problems.

He knew that Martin Broughton had come to the club in good faith to oversee a sale process. RBS had extended the finance long enough to see that through, Broughton would ensure that the sale was as good as possible not only for the owners and their finances but also for the club. Broughton made it clear the highest bidder might not be the best – and therefore winning – bidder. He made it clear there was no reserve price. He dismissed the claims of Tom Hicks that the club should sell for around £800m.

Broughton was heading towards deadlines he’d set for bids to come in, he wanted the process over and done with by the end of August. Gillett certainly didn’t, not at the kinds of prices he knew would be bid.

Gillett had enough time to plan his trip to Switzerland and the potential photo opportunities; it was only the rain he had no way of accounting for. But when he found out without any warning that a genuine serious investor had bypassed him completely and gone straight to RBS he wouldn’t have had any time to plan his moves.

That happened last week, as alluded to on Anfield Road on Saturday night and broken in detail in The Times on Sunday night. Kenny Huang was trying to buy the club – but Hicks and Gillett weren’t going to get anything like the profit they’d been hoping for, if any.

Anfield Road had learned he had told the chairman and the bank he had a serious bidder lined up, a tale he only thought to tell after he found Kenny Huang had met RBS with his offer. It sounded like the old man was in a panic. The serious bidder was named as Yahya Kirdi, the man billed as a “former Syrian international” when he was first got linked with the club in April.

That link was shortly after Martin Broughton had been brought in to sell the club. The Syrian was represented by former Celtic player Andy Lynch amidst claims he had the backing of mystery Middle East billionaires. He disappeared almost as quickly as he arrived, the suggestion being he hadn’t the desire let alone the means to make a serious bid for Liverpool FC.

But George Gillett seems to have a short memory – he blamed Tom Hicks for his own comments about getting a shovel in the Stanley Park ground within 60 days of takeover – so perhaps he forgot about all this when he needed a name to throw at RBS and Martin Broughton.

But the desperation that panicked him into that moment of madness is far from over. Anfield Road has been informed that Gillett has tasked journalists in China and the US to dig the dirt on the man who looks like scuppering his plans for an undeserved windfall on the sale of the club. If he can sew just enough seeds of doubt in the minds of the decision makers he’ll feel this bid will fall through. The suggestion is that he’s trying to stall the sale process, including the work being done by BarCap with Martin Broughton – until the expiry of the current finance deal in October. At that point he’ll no doubt tell RBS about other serious bidders he has in the pipeline, and how he needs just that little bit longer to see it done.

Having tried and failed to sell the club for two years, but only at a price that gives them an unreasonably large profit, it’s quite clear that serious investors are few and far between. There was a suggestion today that when asked to name some of the supposed genuine bidders Gillett had actually said DIC. DIC made serious efforts to buy the club in the past, but even the most casual observer knows how laughable that idea is today. And also how desperate it is of Gillett to claim it.

There is now a firm belief that the only credible bid is the one from China, a bid that promises to see the club’s debt cleared. Money would be made available for new players before the end of this transfer window if the deal was completed by the deadline the bidder has set, and funding would be in place to begin work on the new stadium.

And claims that Kenny Huang hasn’t got the financial means to do this deal himself are coming from those who are desperate to discredit the bid – but Huang was never billed as the man with the money. The money is coming from a Chinese sovereign wealth fund.

The club will go on to be self-sufficient if the deal goes through and to plan. One positive of the current owners’ reign is the massive rise in turnover from commercial deals. This rise has been key to Liverpool’s survival at a time when the cost of servicing the huge debt has eaten up every spare penny the club has brought in. The expectation is that if this takeover was successful Liverpool’s popularity and exposure in Asia would increase dramatically and with it the revenue streams from those markets. Add to this the absence of any debt to service and a stadium bringing in extra revenue and the message is that this deal would bring all that was promised by the Americans and a whole lot more.

It is understood that the proposal put forward by Huang is now under serious consideration.

In time fans could go back to worrying about the quality of refereeing, laughing at the quality of opposition flags, arguing about formations and maybe, just maybe, agonising about how on earth they are going to get themselves to the European Cup final.

Liverpool fans have waited four summers for the true dawn of a genuine new era. That desperate old man mustn’t be allowed to delay that dawn any longer.

On your bike George.

Think it's a different Walton Red, the one on RAWK has been saying for months that there's absolutely no chance of a take over happening and H & G will be here for the foreseeable future - he's gone on record today as saying that he doesn't think Kenny Huang will be good for the club

Its defo a different one, i dont post on any other forum that this one.

But that was me who the girl referred to calling me a twat.

Tapping up is an unfortunate but endemic part of the game and always has been. Every club does it in one way or another and you'll never stop it. To suggest otherwise and highlight us is naive. That doesn't make us arrogant or brash.

I'm referring to the gobshite fans waiving pound notes at visitors in the ground. I'm referring to clubs like City and Chelsea who seemed to purchase a player purely and simply to prevent rivals from doing so, and stockpiling the Scott Parkers, SWP's and the like, all on massive wages but never getting a look in. I'm also referring to the 80,90,100million pound bids and offers of quarter million a week wages.

None of the above will happen at Liverpool. I could possibly see a new owner coming in and throwing a fair wedge at a marquee publicity signing on arrival but that would be it.

I also believe that the fact we've been taken on a ride by those 2 bastards over the past few years will make us humble and wary of glorifying new found wealth. We've been trough hell and worked so hard to rid ourselves of those 2 and that hard work will not be forgotten over night just because we have new owners.

Yes lad im aware we've shared our thoughts for about 20 years. Stop preaching the good preach and whack babestation on

Not sure if this has been posted or not:

Revealed: The other two bidders vying with Huang for control of Liverpool

Published 23:00 03/08/10 By David Maddock

Liverpool will consider at least three proposals to buy a controlling stake in the club, as they look to make a decision over a preferred bidder within the next 10 days.

As we revealed yesterday, chairman Martin Broughton will meet personally with Chinese businessman Kenny Huang within the next few days to discuss a £320million proposal to buy out the current American owners.

But Broughton has also been in talks with the Rhone Group, who had a bid to by 25 per cent share in the club scuppered only three months ago.

And the chairman, along with Barclays Capital, has also had contact with the super-rich Al Kharafi family from Kuwait in recent weeks, as they explore the possibility of resurrecting their own interest in buying the club.

Huang is considered a credible and serious bidder for the club, and even though his current valuation is considerably below the asking price of owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, the Anfield board are treating it seriously.

Talks will move swiftly to identify any prospect an agreement that will satisfy the chief demands of finding an agreeable price and key terms for the future of Liverpool, which include the removal of debt on the club and financing of a new stadium.

Broughton will decide which bid ticks the right boxes to take the club forward, and has confirmed he is in a position to accept the best possible option for Liverpool, even if it doesn't satisfy the Americans.

The US-based Rhone group are trying to revive their earlier offer for 25 per cent of the club for a figure of around £100million, which would value the club above the offer of Huang.

Kuwait's billionaire Al Kharafi family were close to an agreement to buy Liverpool earlier this year, but then withdrew from the process without explanation.

While they have yet to make any formal offer, it is thought contact has been resumed in recent weeks, and Broughton will now decide on which of the competing parties is the preferred bid by next weekend.

The club will then hope to complete negotiations before the end of August, allowing a new regime to assume control for the new season.

Huang has offered support to new manager Roy Hodgson, and has also pledged funds to the Liverpool boss, while confirming he would remove the debt from the club and finance the build of a new stadium.

The Chinese investment expert would front a small consortium of super-wealthy businessman from his country, who are thought to be backed the state-sponsored sovereign investment fund

Love this fucking line:

Even if Huang's takeover fails, he will still have played his part in ousting the hated Yanks - The David Maddock Column

Liverpool takeover news: Revealed - The other two bidders vying with Kenny Huang for control of the Reds - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

We can't guarantee that though. I don't know why you are saying that with such confidence. We need to make our voices heard to make sure that doesn't happen.

What makes you say that mate? I've been thinking the same but about Purslow. If it comes to a vote between the 5 man board I'd back Hicks and Gillette voting against a takeover unless they can walk away with a wedge, Broughton would obviously vote for it, Ayres I thought would do what's best for the club (he's got a good chance of keeping his job no matter who the owner is) but Purslow? What would he gain from a takeover? Not a lot but he'd lose his current job of being MD of Liverpool and all that seems to entail.

I distrust Ayres as much as I do Gillett and Hicks. He's the one who was crowing about "the worst is over" when the protests first started, and he was the one who declared himself to be "one of us" when all he ever does is set up the latest scheme to push more and more people away from going to the game. He's a cunt.

Don't get me wrong, I don't trust Purslow or Broughton either, the best thing we can do is wipe them all out of the club and start again, but Ayres is a Hicks patsy. The fact he has a place on the board causes me concern of monumental proportions.