You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
What can stop the twats simply firing them if they don't go with their vote? Wrongful dismissal yeah but could they possibly take that on the chin and stay put?

Well, it depends on some things we don't know about, but it's likely that any sacking of board members would have to be agreed by the board. It also depends on quite what the position is with the banks.

It's a really hard one to call without knowing who is saying what. Rules and regulations are about as far as we can go. However, a lot of rules and regulations are pretty useless in some scenarios. For example, there is no point saying that the owners can refuse to sell, as per rule 1.2132 of the cocksmokers code, if, when they refuse, all their loans are called in.

Just have to wait and see.

I actually think Broughton could be telling the truth when he says he's looking for the best deal for the club, why would he be lying? He's not in bed with Hicks and Gillette, he's a neutral party so to speak and has a business career spanning 40 years. He's not going to fuck that up just to do a favour for the Yanks and certainly not because of the team he supports.

He was hired by the yanks after Michael Klein, their friend, recommended Broughton to them.

All this reputation stuff needs knocking on the head as well.

No.

POOR SCOUSER TOMMY: RESPONDING TO MR OLDHAM

Many LFC fans have emailed me to tell me that DO has posted a few colourful things about me on Koptalk this week. I really don’t want to perpetuate any form of ongoing debate with him, or about him, because (a) he’s not worth it, and (b) there are far bigger and more important fish to fry.

But here is my one-and-only response to him having clearly just thrown his toys out of the pram. And I’m only responding because a lot of decent and trustworthy LFC fans have asked me to do so.

I had a KT account set up for me by DO in 2004 when I put together the ‘L4 Group’ to try and ensure the Thai bid for LFC didn’t succeed. From memory I probably only posted on KT 3 or 4 times until a few weeks ago.

When all the shit started hitting the fan re Rafa, Hicks, Gillett, Broughton, Purslow etc I started posting on KT blissfully unaware of how much it was seemingly despised by most genuine fans. My bad!

DO added me on Skype recently too and I’d occasionally pass on pertinent information in an attempt to ‘broadcast’ what was going on to as many fans as possible. Nothing wrong with that, other than I clearly chose the wrong website to talk to.

For example, I told DO when there was serious interest in the club from potential buyers in Abu Dhabi because I wanted fans to become aware and excited about it before Hicks turned his nose up at it.

I also told him about Rafa’s departure a few hours before it became public knowledge, and I told him who had told me.

I told him about my dialogue with Purslow and I emailed him a copy of the open letter I wrote to Purslow, which I also sent to The Times.

I also told him how KD had walked out of the Academy immediately after watching Broughton’s press conference on TV and had gone home in disgust. And how KD had told the club that he would not be back for 2 or 3 weeks and wanted to think about his future. That story ended up being picked up by the BBC, which was good in the sense that many LFC fans ended up learning about the utterly shameful way the King had been treated.

And I passed on some transfer gossip to him as and when I heard it, because I was terrified that Hicks, Gillett and Purslow were planning to sell our crown jewels in order to raise funds to service all the debt.

As I said above, my intent was for this information to reach as many fans as possible in order for them to gain a wider understanding of what was going on. But I should have clearly chosen a different forum though, as it pissed off a lot of anti-KT LFC fans and so I stopped – and held my hands up and unconditionally apologized.

As mentioned at the beginning of this post, DO has been making posts about me this week on KT that may have referenced or alluded to some/all the above. Fine… OK… Move on… Whatever…

But apparently he’s also posted a few things which are NOT true:

“[Mike] also suggested changing his username on KopTalk but again, I said why should he. I basically told him to man up.”

“Of late I also think I offended Mike by refusing to get involved in a smear campaign against Christian Purslow.”

“I started to doubt Mike because of his dislike for Purslow. Things didn’t add up. And because I stood up for you guys and refused to see the site used as a tool to attack, I believe Mike has taken his bat and ball home.”

“I wish Mike well but I expected better. But the truth of the situation is that these developments will finally enable me to talk about a lot of things that I have been unable to. While we have lost a contributor, Mike’s information of late has been pretty poor.”

Silly stuff…

It also appears that DO has just this week (coincidentally?) opened some form of dialogue with Purslow because he also just posted on KT:

· Dunk: “I received an email from CP this evening that would make MJ look a fool”

· Dunk: “you will love what comes out about MJ and CP over the coming months, Dunk knows best, i made the right call”

Hmmmm…

Finally, as I mentioned above, I hope this is the end of the matter and I hope DO refrains from posting any more rubbish about me and concentrates on what his members pay him to write about.

I’m sure it’s just slipped his mind that I have many saved Skype conversations and emails from him which would make very interesting reading for his subscribers and fans.

And I too could “write a book” but no one would be interested…

Just as I am not interested in wasting any more time on this…

Apologies, I thought that was him. That's why I wasn't sure.

Also, I'm going to say it, I may be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but I reckon this particular Huang deal has been in the offing for a long time,

I think I read somewhere over the last few days that Kenny was brought back to the table by Broughton, or whoever, speaking to previous interested parties and about whether they'd re-look at it.

From reading between the lines over the last 24 hours or so I think this deal has only gone through the media as Gillet is trying to stall it. Broughton did say it would all be done on the quiet like.

I think I read somewhere over the last few days that Kenny was brought back to the table by Broughton, or whoever, speaking to previous interested parties and about whether they'd re-look at it.

From reading between the lines over the last 24 hours or so I think this deal has only gone through the media as Gillet is trying to stall it. Broughton did say it would all be done on the quiet like.

Yeah I wouldn't put it passed him like, I remember Broughton saying that and pretty much agreed with it.

It's a shame if he has done that but hopefully it doesn't stall any bid.

I don't even want the unlimited funds (Although they'd be nice) Just a stable future with decent owners is all I want.

And selling to buy can fuck off!

Yeah I wouldn't put it passed him like, I remember Broughton saying that and pretty much agreed with it.

It's a shame if he has done that but hopefully it doesn't stall any bid.

I don't even want the unlimited funds (Although they'd be nice) Just a stable future with decent owners is all I want.

And selling to buy can fuck off!

I seriously don't think we need unlimited funds. Our previous usual around 20 million would be sound.

I seriously don't think we need unlimited funds. Our previous usual around 20 million would be sound.

Yeah but if it's there I'd expect Roy to spend it, and so will the owner.

We'll end up just spunking 50 million on Ageuro or something.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
They've locked the takeover thread on RAWK. Haha!

The layout and design of this forum might be a bit on the ropey side, but it is streets ahead in every other way.

Yeah but if it's there I'd expect Roy to spend it, and so will the owner.

We'll end up just spunking 50 million on Ageuro or something.

It'd be a damn shame if that was to happen. And by damn shame I obviously mean from me livers point of view.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
They do seem incapable of debating stuff over there though, be it the mods steaming in banning or all the regulars ganging up on someone who says anything different.

It's a ludicrous forum, I'd love to know who owns/runs it though.

I've only got one thing to say to them:

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

0007019331.gif

It's gone quiet. after about 2 days of constant news breaking.

It'll get exciting again in about an hour when tomorrow's article's go up online.

Here's one from Yahoo though:

A takeover of Liverpool appears increasingly imminent after the club and a number of interested parties alerted the Premier League to a possible change in ownership.

Under tougher new rules on club ownership announced by the Premier League on Tuesday night in response to Portsmouth's financial meltdown, all prospective owners are obliged to give the league 10 days' notice of a takeover and prove they have the funds to sustain the club.

It is understood Liverpool and a number of parties contemplating a takeover - including Chinese businessman Kenny Huang - have already contacted the Premier League to alert them a change of ownership could be imminent.

Under the rules, the Premier League will have to be given 10 days' notice of any takeover, and the prospective owners will be required to have a face-to-face meeting with league chiefs to convince them they have enough money for the season to come.

Other rule changes will see clubs having to provide evidence every quarter that they are up to date with tax payments to Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs - and they will give permission for HMRC to give details on any non-payment directly to the league.

The former 'fit and proper persons test' has been renamed as the 'owners and directors test' and toughened up. Now anyone barred from other sporting organisations or competitions will not be allowed to be a club director.

The strengthening of the regulations is an attempt to reduce the risk of another crisis similar to that suffered by Portsmouth, who went into administration last season and were subsequently relegated.

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore said: "We believe we have the measures now in place, the early warning system, that will reduce the risk of having a repeat of the Portsmouth situation.

"The objective of the Premier League is to reduce risk and try to prevent the worst happening but we can't eliminate risk entirely as that would involve us interfering as shadow directors in the running of clubs.

"There was reputational damage with the situation we had with Portsmouth. Clubs get tired of football being called a financial basket case. There was an element of gross mismanagement [with Portsmouth] and people have understood it was the exception rather than the rule."

Guest ShoePiss
They do seem incapable of debating stuff over there though, be it the mods steaming in banning or all the regulars ganging up on someone who says anything different.

It's a ludicrous forum, I'd love to know who owns/runs it though.

I think it's a group of people, southerners?