You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I like Graham Taylor's commentary style, he starts an inane sentence then trails off before mumbling to himself as if the tea trolley has come round.

Responsible for my favourite ever piece of commentary.

Must have been the game in which Crouch broke his duck for us in late 2005 against Wigan.  Listening on the radio, just before Crouch scored, the main commentator says "It's been almost 24 hours that Crouch has gone without scoring for his new club."

Graham, completely seriously: "But 24 hours is just one day really.  Like a Monday.  And nobody does anything on a Monday."

Sorry, carry on.

• Upvote 2

Fuck me, what an extraordinary collection of wankers.

"£5 will pay for medicine for 40 days, yes just £5!"

What, the amount Rooney earns in 10 seconds? Quality, job done.

When it comes to lecturing people on the rights and wrongs of wealth disparity, football can fuck right off.

• Upvote 3

Anyone else been reading mcateers tweets where he has been having a pop at Robbie and the guy who started it saying they nicked the idea from the tsunami game at anfield.

I don't particularly like the two in fact I don't at all but the tsunami or soccer aid game was not a masterstroke any of these guys thought of, charity games have been going on for years,I don't get what mcateers so upset about.

Anyone else been reading mcateers tweets where he has been having a pop at Robbie and the guy who started it saying they nicked the idea from the tsunami game at anfield.

I don't particularly like the two in fact I don't at all but the tsunami or soccer aid game was not a masterstroke any of these guys thought of, charity games have been going on for years,I don't get what mcateers so upset about.

They're all wrong. Charity events started when Bob Geldof did Live aid,, and what a success that was, who would have thought Bannanaramma singing 'and don't it make you feel good' would have saved so many lives?

i notice every Tom Dick and Harry are stealing his idea, even using the 'aid' part of the name he invented, i hope he consults his lawyer and gets the bandwagon jumpers taken to court.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Mcateer was saying all the money does not go to the charity

According to Unicef's website it all goes directly to Unicef's child survival projects. EDIT: And other sites say it too.