You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sack Rafa or keep Rafa?

Maldini

Do you want to sack Rafa or keep Rafa  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to sack Rafa or keep Rafa

• sack him
    • keep him

It's not irrelevant at all; Fergusons about turn was once in a lifetime material, the fact of the matter is that nobody at all outside of Anfield rates him, nobody at all that i know, not one single person.

Hmmmm.... Like noone in Europe then? I think you'll find Rafa is very highly regarded in most countries outside the UK. It will be easier for him to find a new top managing job than for us to find a top new manager, put it that way.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence but I don't need somebody from Leeds who has a upside down picture of bin laden with a cock on his head on his footy forum profile telling me the views of scousers who go the match!

I'm intrigued to know how, in your mind, that wasn't offensive?

Ah, the anfield mole again, if any players started to criticise the manager, letting out snippets like that, brifing to the press or fanzines or whatever, then surely all fans would be united agains the player, just like they were against Paul Ince ?

I mean, no decent, proper, Liverpool type players would go bitching bout the manager behind their backs would they ? No player is bigger than the club and all that.

Does that last line apply to the manager then in your world? Obviously not.

Not having that at all, Rafa's biggest failing this year has not being able to motivate the team to keep fighting despite all this shit going on off the pitch. If the owners hadn't fucked everything up it wouldn't have been a problem. It's like blaming firemen for not saving a burning house rather than the arsonist who lit the match.

Mourinho would have invoked team spirit rather than moaned as would have Ferguson, since they lost Tevez and Ronaldo he has got on with the job and they are still in the title race with a squad as weak as they have ever had in recent years.

Moyes is always having to sell to buy but never seems to replace the players he has to sell with inferior ones, infact they seem to get stronger under him, he hasn't had anywhere near the resources that Benitez has had so why are they so close to us?

Mourinho would have invoked team spirit rather than moaned as would have Ferguson, since they lost Tevez and Ronaldo he has got on with the job and they are still in the title race with a squad as weak as they have ever had in recent years.

Moyes is always having to sell to buy but never seems to replace the players he has to sell with inferior ones, infact they seem to get stronger under him, he hasn't had anywhere near the resources that Benitez has had so why are they so close to us?

Because our club is in crisis, the players know this and it affected the performances.

Incidentally I posted the same poll on YNWA and the result at the moment over there is

sack him - 21 (12.35%)

keep him - 149 (87.65%)

so the overall vote at the moment between the two sites with 363 votes cast is

Sack him - 117 (33%)

Keep him - 246 (67%)

Obviously there'll be a few double votes between the two sites as well

Guest ShoePiss

Not to mention the fucking weirdos who take the time to sign up multiple times purely for the purpose of voting on forum polls,

right unright...

Guest ShoePiss
Are you serious? Did you not read what I posted?

You said something along these lines to me in a neg, it's your post where 'are you serious' is valid not those in response to it.

In all the other rafa polls it was never brought up as an issue, often the polling options were but never something as mongy as your suggestion of people coming on here from other forums purely to vote or people signing up with alternative accounts.

Only you said it because the outcome of this poll (when the choices were simply stay or go) possibly doesn't match up to what you'd like to see.

Childish.

Incidentally I posted the same poll on YNWA and the result at the moment over there is

sack him - 21 (12.35%)

keep him - 149 (87.65%)

Sack him - 117 (33%)

Keep him - 246 (67%)

I always knew there were a few knowledgable posters on YNWA in the sea of self important arseholes on there.

Because our club is in crisis, the players know this and it affected the performances.

This is straw clutching at its very worst.

Portsmouth team spirit looks fantastic with all players pulling in the same direction and they have all been rewarded with an FA Cup Final. Maybe the manager has something to do with that.

In the FA Cup yeah, in the league theyve put in some of the most gutless displays ive ever seen. Along with a few of our performances.

I disagree, it is just that they aren't good enough.

They signed a mish-mash of players practically on deadline day last August and were just thrown together like some real life version of Football Manager or something. Portsmouth are in a far bigger mess than we are.

Making excuses that the ownership situation is affecting the players as someone did is straw clutching. If the players were really that bothered by that then maybe they should half their wages then until things are back on an even keel.

It basically comes down to coaching and getting the best out of the resources available to you. Rafa has failed in that respect this season.

I disagree, it is just that they aren't good enough.

They signed a mish-mash of players practically on deadline day last August and were just thrown together like some real life version of Football Manager or something. Portsmouth are in a far bigger mess than we are.

Making excuses that the ownership situation is affecting the players as someone did is straw clutching. If the players were really that bothered by that then maybe they should half their wages then until things are back on an even keel.

It basically comes down to coaching and getting the best out of the resources available to you. Rafa has failed in that respect this season.

How about putting it this way. The owners have created a massive chaos in and around the club. They have us close to bankruptcy, in a situation that LFC has never seen before. The manager has acted with the above constraints, however he has also failed to reach the results that he reasonably could have been expected to reach. And furthermore, the players have not pulled their weight, either.

However, the manager and the players could reasonably be given a bit of leeway, things at times go wrong, especially at times like we are living right now. The owners, on the other hand, deserve nothing but public shame and hopefully an eventual financial loss.

Then just leave it for now, arguments of who screwed up a bit more here and who there serve no purpose in a time of crisis. They just deepen it.

sack him - 21 (12.35%)

keep him - 149 (87.65%)

Sack him - 117 (33%)

Keep him - 246 (67%)

I think if you done the same poll on the RAOTL and RAWK,you get similar results,which proves 2 things,

The vast majority of the fans want him (Rafa) to STAY and the TLW is the most anti -Benitez site out there.

You said something along these lines to me in a neg, it's your post where 'are you serious' is valid not those in response to it.

In all the other rafa polls it was never brought up as an issue, often the polling options were but never something as mongy as your suggestion of people coming on here from other forums purely to vote or people signing up with alternative accounts.

Only you said it because the outcome of this poll (when the choices were simply stay or go) possibly doesn't match up to what you'd like to see.

Childish.

That's only your interpretation of the situation... and you are wrong, of course. Keep believing what you'd like though, despite words to the contrary being ALREADY posted in this thread.