You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sack Rafa or keep Rafa?

Maldini

Do you want to sack Rafa or keep Rafa  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to sack Rafa or keep Rafa

• sack him
    • keep him

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to RIS up, Maldini... Private poll? Bloody hell.

I think a private poll will see more people voting and we'll therefore get a more accurate view of the forum, some are reluctant to voice their view (either way), though the downside is we won't be able to see if Rashid votes for both like he did in a recent poll that was bumped.

I think Rafa is the best man for the job, however in practical terms, if its true what were told about Purslow and his dislike for Rafa, then he's in an untenable situation.

We need to go with whoever the man pulling the strings likes, which would seem to be Kenny.

Time for change.

It is, but while we still havent changed the owners, is there any point changing the manager ?

We didnt have the money to compete 10 years ago, thats why we wanted to build a new stadium. 10 years on were still missing out on the title, still not good enough, still not enough good players and still not enough money.

:) You think I knew what the fuck I was doing? How do you put a public poll? Can you not see the results after you've voted?

There is one place where you can toggle a public/private poll when making the poll. A Private poll on an issue like this will just be dominated by votes from Alt-Accounts.

We need the manager and the board to be united and that won't happen with Rafa regardless of who is in charge. I despise the snakes running the club and want to see the back of all of them, but I get the feeling Rafa is the type to cause a row in an empty room and I'm sick of it. He can complain about the amount he's had to spend in the last two seasons, but he's allowed good players to go and brought in players who aren't good enough, he can have no complaints. The fact he has his agent constantly talking with other clubs as a contingency plan is pretty appalling too, even if I can half understand it.

Added to the appalling season we have suffered, I have changed my mind and can see no way back for him as I don't see things getting better in the future. I have voted that he should go and I sincerely hope he does not sour things further by holding out for a pay-off but goes to Juventus with our best wishes (I believe the club should come to a compromise and allow him to leave without asking for compensation if he agrees to leave without seeking a pay-off).

I still feel this issue is completely dwarfed by the ownership situation, as a prolonged non-investment in the squad will almost certainly mean mid-table medicocrity in the long term, no matter who we have as manager.

But viewing the matter in complete isolation, if that's even possible, then I want him gone now. This season he has completely failed to make the team perform to the required standard. This is largely because of the lack of general quality in the squad, but Rafa's blame in this is larger than that of the owners.

He is a quality manager, but we've reached the point where we need something different and fresh to rally the troops and get the enthusiasm going again.

Guest PurpleNose

Still find this too difficult to answer without any knowledge of what happens next.

Sack Rafa and Pellegrini comes in with £150m to spend?

Sack Rafa and O'Neill comes in with Heskey?

we're finishing in seventh place.

Is this really even a question that needs asking? Regardless of who comes in, that's not the question, he doesn't deserve to be Liverpool manager.

He has failed. End of story.

we're finishing in seventh place.

Is this really even a question that needs asking? Regardless of who comes in, that's not the question, he doesn't deserve to be Liverpool manager.

He has failed. End of story.

That's a ridiculous logic. We're not operating under normal circumstances, 7th in a normal season is a sacking offence because you can in theory replace the underperforming manager with someone better. That won't happen with us. We have a world class manager who had a bad season, the alternative is a shit manager who had a good season.

If new owners don't come in during the summer the club will go into a tailspin. I'd rather have a good manager in charge to try and do everything he can to halt that rather than some stooge appointed by the owners because he'll take his pay and shut up.

I still feel this issue is completely dwarfed by the ownership situation, as a prolonged non-investment in the squad will almost certainly mean mid-table medicocrity in the long term, no matter who we have as manager.

But viewing the matter in complete isolation, if that's even possible, then I want him gone now. This season he has completely failed to make the team perform to the required standard. This is largely because of the lack of general quality in the squad, but Rafa's blame in this is larger than that of the owners.

He is a quality manager, but we've reached the point where we need something different and fresh to rally the troops and get the enthusiasm going again.

That's exactly how I feel about it.

Rafa's blame in this is larger than that of the owners.

Not having that at all, Rafa's biggest failing this year has not being able to motivate the team to keep fighting despite all this shit going on off the pitch. If the owners hadn't fucked everything up it wouldn't have been a problem. It's like blaming firemen for not saving a burning house rather than the arsonist who lit the match.

Seventh place, negative mind-numbingly tedious shite played week in week out, bad decisions, unable to motivate, wrong priorities, political wrangling bullshit.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Out.

Non subject on a day when the clubs accounts came out, and the details of the most expensive football payout to Mr. Clown gets out, as well as the owners still having their names above the door.

BUT, I understand peoples concerns and I see the need to value peoples opinions, you just won't get mine.

Seventh place, negative mind-numbingly tedious shite played week in week out, bad decisions, unable to motivate, wrong priorities, political wrangling bullshit.

Out.

Political wrangling bullshit? WHAT!? People are having a go at the manager now for having a go at the owners and the other cunts running us? He's the only one at the club who gives a fuck what happens on the pitch! He's fucking bang on to be calling these pricks on their bullshit!

Out.

Agree, the football under Rafa has been fuckin awful, he should be judged on that alone and then shown the door.

The only reason he's still here is that sacking him will be expensive at a time when we're financially fucked. All other things being equal I do think it's time for a change. Best all round if he takes the escape route he's arranged for himself at Juventus.

The club is rotten to the core and while twit and twat own us we are in decline.So we want to get rid of the only piece of glue holding us together.We get rid of Rafa we'll get a yes man who will except a transfer budget of nil.But he'll be fresh to rally the troops and get the enthusiasm going again.We are completly fucked.