You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Red Dead Redemption

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where have you pre-ordered it from? Various places give you different perks for pre-ordering. Multiplayer looks boss by the way, can't go wrong if its anything like GTA.

Did you not see the link in my original post?

Don't really care about perks, just interested in price. Not many pre-orders you can get for under £30.

As stunning as this game looks, I'll think I'll pass.

I've never really gotten into the GTA series, or any Rockstar game for that matter, and with MW2 taking up my time right now, plus future releases of Black Ops and the new Medal of Honor, I'm likely to stick to FPS for the time being.

On the subject of Rockstar games, they have a new title being released later this year, L.A. Noire.

It's a crime/detective game set in LA in the late 1940's. Again, the game looks stunning, but I think I'll avoid this as well.

Guest davelfc

The graphics are pretty damned good. It's a little clumsy control wise and no way as good as GTA. Somehow it feels wrong to shoot and skin animals (especially the poor little bunnies). unlike GTA when wasting people was fun.

The horse riding is annoying too, press the 'a' button too much and you get thrown off. I like the idea that you can kill people and as long as there are no witnesses you don't get into trouble. Let one snitch live and you'll end up with the law on your back. Cause too much trouble and there's a posse searching for you.

I found myself wishing there was a quad bike hidden somewhere, or maybe a delorean hidden in a cave.

I've passed it on to my son to play, might pick this up later in the year but will probably be playing Crackdown 2 by then.

Having never played GTA, could you all contextualise this for me please? IS it like Assassin's Creed where you have these open worlds that you can go anywhere in at your own pace, but choose to follow the linear missions too. Or not?