You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fiorentina Home - match thread

Dracco

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we got what we deserved in this group, 1 point from the 2 teams that finished ahead of us and the worst performance ever in this competition by us, felt sorry for Darby he done ok until then, once again Dirk Kuyt has shown he's a championship player on current form, meaningless game I suppose so not gona bother getting to worked up, just waiting to hear the we controlled the game craic now from Rafa, and people no doubt willl lap it up

Positives

Patches wanted the ball every second and looked good on it.

Torres coming back.

Aquilani passes backwards only as a very last resort. He has very good one touch moving forward passes.

Gerrard looked a lot better.

Negatives

Darby was really poor and terrible for both goals.

Everything else.

another nail in Rafa's coffin. Hopefully it won't be long till he's given his marching orders. He no longer can inspire or motivate the players whatsoever.

Predictable end to an appauling CL campaign. Rafa's supposed area of expertise. We continue to absolutely woeful in the league too.

We are playing well well blow the sum of our parts.... and if anyone even mentions injuries then they are fucking taking the piss. Those cunts down the road have had it much worse this season yet have breezed through their group and are on the coat tails of Chelsea. They don't have a much better squad, they just have a good manager. Something we massively lack.

I'm fast approaching the end of my patience. If there isn't dramatic improvement in the next 5-10 games, Rafa needs to go. And that is based on the fact that he's not able to make the players perform to the accepted level anymore. We can't go on like this.

I pretty much agree with that except I think the post below is more correct. Rafa should be made to leave now. We are appalling going forward AND defending and there is absolutely no belief within the team at the moment. We are in a deep fucking crisis and something radical needs to be done.

another nail in Rafa's coffin. Hopefully it won't be long till he's given his marching orders. He no longer can inspire or motivate the players whatsoever.

Predictable end to an appauling CL campaign. Rafa's supposed area of expertise. We continue to absolutely woeful in the league too.

We are playing well well blow the sum of our parts.... and if anyone even mentions injuries then they are fucking taking the piss. Those cunts down the road have had it much worse this season yet have breezed through their group and are on the coat tails of Chelsea. They don't have a much better squad, they just have a good manager. Something we massively lack.

True although I think Rafa is a good manager but just not as good as Ferguson unfortunately who is making the excuses used for Rafa look stupid.

Learning curve for Darby.

It will be, but the next time he gets a sniff will be pre season and it will have been forgotten by then, this game was tailor made for him to make a mistake and destroy any confidence he might have had. Ridiculous to throw players in with practically zero game time, whats the point in giving him experience if he isn't going to use him again for 9 months?

Learning curve for Darby.

It is...

But he is not even close to being close to being good enough. He has not improved the last 2 seasons...And he has not gained any muscles or strength. He is far too lightweight, and I felt sorry for him being pushed around.

I think he learned a lot... But he wil NEVER be good enough. I dont really think he is as good as David Raven or Zac Whitbread. And where are they now? That is the level Darby may find himself in.

Pacheco you could see have something about him that makes him look at home at this level. The same with Kelly. Darby looked lost and so out of depth.

That being said... He did`nt look as out of depth as Dirk Kuyt, who once again stank the place out in a way I havent seen since the days of Paul Stewart. Pacheco offered more in 45 seconds that Kuyt did the whole match. He just dont offer anything. The only thing I can remember he did in this match was running into offside positions. And Dosseno looked more like an attacker than him, and at least picked up positions. I just cant find any reasons why he should be picked against Arsenal, as we would be better off with Dossena and Benny on the wings.

Agree with most of this, but their squad is a lot better than ours overall. Though I know who's fault that is.

Typical- another late goal.

Torres looked sharp. We look absolutely toothless without him, and desperately need someone else who can offer a threat.

Gerrard looked sharper and his freekicks were excellent.

Aquilani looked positive and played the ball forwards, with some clever passes and flicks. Not fair to expect too much from him yet, it may take some time to get match fitness.

Good to see Patches get on.

Negatives: No clean sheet.