You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

On 11/4/2018 at 12:01 PM, Shooter in the Motor said:

As I promised to aRdja a few weeks ago, when I next do a British breakfast (I took the word 'great' out as it probably isn't, but it did taste good) here is photographic evidence of this breakfast...Notice the lack of toast as I normally grill bread in the oven and for some reason it wouldn't heat up. I think the oven is finally on the blink so minus points obviously for the lack of toast which would have been under the eggs.

4 x Reduced Fat Pork Sausages on first

5 x Smoked Bacon Medallions added next

2 x Organic Large Eggs fried next followed by

6 x Chestnut Mushrooms sliced in half added at the same time as

8 x small tomatoes sliced closely followed by

4 x thin slices of 'Wee (meaning small I hope) Black Pudding'

all purchased from Tesco...

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATE0Yj

This picture doesn't show for me.

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I was taken for this breakie in Hawksmoor in London today. Glad I didn't pay £16.95! There was some toast with it too. It was pretty nice, home made hash browns and beans. Sausage was good, bacon smoked (I prefer unsmoked). Fucking 16.95 though. I'd give it an 8/10 for niceness, a 4/10 for value. 

IMG-20181107-WA0001.jpeg

If I paid 50p for a brekkie and that turned up i'd flip the table and stab every cunt working there. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I was taken for this breakie in Hawksmoor in London today. Glad I didn't pay £16.95! There was some toast with it too. It was pretty nice, home made hash browns and beans. Sausage was good, bacon smoked (I prefer unsmoked). Fucking 16.95 though. I'd give it an 8/10 for niceness, a 4/10 for value. 

IMG-20181107-WA0001.jpeg

That looks really good Barry. Looks realll meaty.

10 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATE0Yj

Not the worst brekkie I have seen but its needs 30 seconds under lifeys blow torch. Oh and never have baby tomatoes on a fry-up. Cut the big bastards in half and grill them. 

Fun fact - That plates claim to fame was appearing in an episode of The Likely Lads. 

5/10. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

This picture doesn't show for me.

I like the tomatoes/mushies

The bacon looks good but medallions?

Sausages look anaemic and the eggs underdone

Plus point for no beans but what the fuck is going on with the plate?

It looks like one of those plates you can get in the charity shop that students and other scruffs use in lieu of an ash tray

I feel it needs gravy

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, aRdja said:

Nah that’s very expensive, but looks of high quality.

Everything was good quality, really nice sausage, thick bacon and nice flavoursome black pud - I could have eaten more of that. The home made beans (with trotters) and hash browns were good. I wouldn't pay that myself for a breakfast, but if someone was paying it's probably the best I've had round the city, although I've not been the ned which is supposed to be good. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, mattyq said:

I like the tomatoes/mushies

The bacon looks good but medallions?

Sausages look anaemic and the eggs underdone

Plus point for no beans but what the fuck is going on with the plate?

It looks like one of those plates you can get in the charity shop that students and other scruffs use in lieu of an ash tray

I feel it needs gravy

How big are your cigarettes?

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

Everything was good quality, really nice sausage, thick bacon and nice flavoursome black pud - I could have eaten more of that. The home made beans (with trotters) and hash browns were good. I wouldn't pay that myself for a breakfast, but if someone was paying it's probably the best I've had round the city, although I've not been the ned which is supposed to be good. 

I have, treated myself for coming into work last Christmas. Was good, but not amazing. It triggered a big discussion here with Pistonbroke strongly disapproving of my choice of venue.