You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The new record is boss, which is to be expected. They - well mostly Alex Turner, even if he is pretty fucking cool - may have let all the fame and beak go to their heads since fucking off to America, but they continue to produce excellent music. Each one of their albums has a different sound, and the consistency and quality is remarkable (not quite sure where the new one ranks yet as I've only listened to it a few times, but I think each album they've done has been better than its predecessor). They're the most important British band around at the minute, for me, and I'd go as far as to say the best we've had this century.

That could be because most British bands have been shit since the turn of the century. They haven't had much competition really.

I like them but I am not sure they are deserving of the extreme levels of adulation they get at the moment, well just yet anyway.

Also they blatantly ripped off QOTSA 'Go With The Flow' video for the video for 'Do I Wanna Know' poor form for me that.

• Upvote 1

The new record is boss, which is to be expected. They - well mostly Alex Turner, even if he is pretty fucking cool - may have let all the fame and beak go to their heads since fucking off to America, but they continue to produce excellent music. Each one of their albums has a different sound, and the consistency and quality is remarkable (not quite sure where the new one ranks yet as I've only listened to it a few times, but I think each album they've done has been better than its predecessor). They're the most important British band around at the minute, for me, and I'd go as far as to say the best we've had this century.

Agree with most of that Woo, except I don't think each album has improved on the last. I like AM better than the last one though.

I feel like everything gets overanalysed on here. Go onto any thread on a TV show, Movie, band whatever and people are always moaning because the show/film/album isn't the best thing ever and completely groundbreaking.

It's enough to say it's a fucking good album from a fucking good band.

My favourite music video of all time. Sexy.

Maybe they ripped it off in homage to Josh Homme.

Thought that after I posted. Maybe you are correct my good sir. I would certainly doff my cap in some way to Josh Homme.

Still Turner will never be as cool as Homme, ever. But God loves a trier.

They're shitter than Sheffield. A band for a generation starved of good bands. Oh and Alex turner is also embarrassing trying to create a cool persona.

But its all about personal preference.

This is true. There are hardly any good bands around and it's kinda sad that AM are just about the best around right now.

Let's just say for one moment that a mate of mine wanted to download this album illegally. This mate of mine doesn't use torrents so he said that's a complete non-goer. This mate is also a bit of a gobshite and needs IT things explained to him in great detail. Where could I tell him to get this online?

Kasabian are better anyone who thinks otherwise sits on cucumbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Kasabian are a bad Gallagher Brothers tribute band for people who were too young to see Oasis when they were good

On a related note, Oasis followed Prodigy at Knebworth and were still good enough then to blow them off stage

You kids know nowt about music and less about the joys of cucumbers

Listened to it earlier and on the second listen my original point of being a bit bland still stands.

Think some of the songs are a little too tongue in cheek really. Thinking of no.1 Party Anthem and Matt Heiders constant high pitched backing vocals on a number of tracks are examples that stand out two listens in. Do think they are having a laugh and taking the piss somewhat, but that's what Alex Turner is known for (and that's not a bad thing)

It's good/ok but great or an album of the year contender for me? No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Kasabian are a bad Gallagher Brothers tribute band for people who were too young to see Oasis when they were good

On a related note, Oasis followed Prodigy at Knebworth and were still good enough then to blow them off stage

You kids know nowt about music and less about the joys of cucumbers

I know they did but Oasis are on another level completely and especially where in 96. 

I've seen both bands a few times live and i'd have Kasabian anyday but do rate the Arctics 

• Downvote 2

They're shitter than Sheffield. A band for a generation starved of good bands. Oh and Alex turner is also embarrassing trying to create a cool persona.

But its all about personal preference.

Sheffield is ace - first negging on the new forum dished out.

Let's just say for one moment that a mate of mine wanted to download this album illegally. This mate of mine doesn't use torrents so he said that's a complete non-goer. This mate is also a bit of a gobshite and needs IT things explained to him in great detail. Where could I tell him to get this online?

I would tell your mate to try this site. www.slsknet.org .

It involves a little download, then its pretty user friendly and he shouldn't have too much trouble finding what he's looking for. He shouldn't use it for illegal purposes though. Definitly not.

Good luck. (To your mate).

I love the new album, think it's immense. I'm with Woo, every album they do is better than the last. Can't wait to see them again live again next month.

Anyone else reckon that 'Snap Out of It' could have been written by Noel Gallagher? I can definitely imagine it being on the High Flying Birds record.