You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I've tried to love it, listening to it all the way through 6 or 7 times in the last couple of weeks, but I still cant.

From bits I've read I'm not sure the Arctics were happy with the completed album. I think they went back to Ford and knocked out Cornerstone - which is probably why it sounds archetypal AM and a bit out of place. Think My Propeller was also done with Ford. For me there's little of their usual energy on the record and Turner's vocal delivery sounds like he's uninterested.

Who's Miles Kane?

The bellend who was in 'The Last Shadow Puppets' with Alex Turner. He has his own shit band 'The Rascals', where he proves he has very little talent, but acts like he's the next big thing. He basically walks round with a swagger of self accomplishment which is completely unfounded.

Fucking massive bellwhiff.

EDIT: Wikipedia says that Kane left the band in August, to concentrate on his solo work. That will no doubt be fucking shit aswell.

Is he from Liverpool?

I've heard some of that Last Shaddow Puppet stuff and thought it was terrible.

Nah he's from Meols.

Put it this way, if he fell into a barrel of thumbs, he'd come up sucking a pair of tits he's that jammy. His cousin's James Skelly from The Coral (who obviously got all the talent in that family) and helped get his first band The Little Flames (who were fucking woeful) signed, then he got matey with Turner who increased his profile with the Shadow Puppets and now he's sacked off The Rascals (another shite band) because he's got too big for his boots.

He's a proper, proper, proper twat riding other people's coat-tails.

I like him already.

Is he one of those muppets that goes to Heebies and sits downstairs bothering other folk?

I once sat at a table in there waiting for my mate when some fella came up to me and started reeling off his lyrics he'd written.

"Look out for me, Terry. I'm gonna be massive."

"Excuse me, I have to go and throw up my pelvis."

• 3 weeks later...

August 2009

Arctic Monkeys have told Zane Lowe what songs they won't be playing during live shows in the future.

If you're going to Reading or Leeds next weekend then you're unlikely to hear classics Mardy Bum, Teddy Picker or Fake Tales of San Francisco-according to the band.

In an exclusive interview for MTV Two Alex Turner and Jamie Cook were asked about the live shows. Of those three tracks they both said: "Done" or "dead."

Singer Alex added: "You've got to move on."

But rest assured the Sheffield four-piece will still play some big hits.Turner told us: "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor for instance…Its fun to play like, I buzz off playing that every night. That's not done."

Arctic Monkeys headline Reading and Leeds festivals next weekend and also play Brixton Academy on Wednesday 26 August.

Watch MTV Two Monday night at 9pm to see the full interview. And check mtv.co.uk on Monday for exclusive live performances from the band.