You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Got four for the MEN, seated though which is a fucker. I was on the website at nine o'clock this morning and you couldn't get any standing tickets (for manc or the echo) even though they were advertised.

Will have to try and throw a tout a few quid to swop them for some standing ones I think. Can't be arsed with that siting lark.

They went on presale yesterday Ged, all the standing ones went then, don't know why the fuck I wasn't on the mailing list for that, I'm on for just about every other decent bands. Sitting sucks major ass. I'm sitting and may go the same route as you and give a tout some queens heads.

Didn't they demand a separate area backstage at Leeds to keep the "lesser" bands away from them?

Not keen on that if its true.

They stunk the place out at Leeds.

Its time to call it a day.

A mate of mine saw them at Leeds and said they were disappointing as they just didn't look arsed. Strange, because as I said in the original post, I thought they looked boss on the telly at Reading.

Still I'm off to see them anyway in November at the Arena.

Yeah they did demand a seperate area, with two bouncers to ensure no one got within 10 metres of them.

Its Turner, his head has gone so far up his own arse its untrue.

Alex Turner is obviously far too superior to share the same air as musical no-marks like Mike Patton......

A mate of mine saw them at Leeds and said they were disappointing as they just didn't look arsed. Strange, because as I said in the original post, I thought they looked boss on the telly at Reading.

Still I'm off to see them anyway in November at the Arena.

Must have more money than sense! ha only joking.

Yeah they just looked non plussed at Leeds and it transferred to the crowd.

Its a shame, I really used to love them, those little early gigs were something special.

Even though they've just produced what many consider to be the finest album of their career so far?!

A lot of it sounds Nick Cave/Morrisey circa Your Arsenal inspired. There's a danger of rose-tinted shades just because promising band + Josh Homophobe = ace album. I'dc still rather listen to their tunes than muso chin-stroking about production.

I wonder if Fake Tales might come back to bite Alex.

Fake Tales of San Francisco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The song derides a fictional South Yorkshire band for taking its inspiration from the USA while never having been there, with lyrics such as "I'd love to tell you all my problem / You're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham", and "He talks of San Francisco, he's from Hunter's Bar".

Completely love this tune as it goes heavier and I think they're really able to pull off using a heavier style :

[YOUTUBE]VNlxubwKHkE[/YOUTUBE]

But they just seem to have done that as more of a one off so I just gradually went off them. Might check out some songs off the new album to see if there's any more like that. They remind me of Oasis in a way because if they just added that bit more heaviness/punk into their music they could truly be one of the best for a long time to come. Noel is a fan of the Sex Pistols too as far as I know and it always baffled me why he didn't add that style into more Oasis songs. Headshrinker will always be one of my faves, as with this song for Arctics.

A lot of it sounds Nick Cave/Morrisey circa Your Arsenal inspired. There's a danger of rose-tinted shades just because promising band + Josh Homophobe = ace album. I'dc still rather listen to their tunes than muso chin-stroking about production.

Or....I genuinely like the sound, the songs and the overrall feel more than the previous two albums. Not hearing Your Arsenal; I think there's more than a hint of The Smiths though, and totally agree about Nick Cave. I love The Smiths, I love Nick Cave, and I think Turner is an exceptional songwriter. Ergo, I think Humbug rules.

I went and had a look again at standing tickets for Belfast and I got through straight away.

Ballix.

It wouldn't let me into the standing bit on Friday.

Ah well, seated is better than nothing.

• 1 month later...
I'm in agreement. I've tried and tried and tried and it keeps washing over me like a dull tsunami. Not in the same ballpark as the first two.

I think there are two songs, Cornerstone and Pretty Visitors, which are musical genius. I'll give you the fact that the style of the album has changed but i still think its boss. The first 2 albums were great, the new one is just a new varient of their style but still very good.

I'm in agreement. I've tried and tried and tried and it keeps washing over me like a dull tsunami. Not in the same ballpark as the first two.

If you would like to ask Ted what he now thinks of the album, he will give you a very different answer.

Personally, I really love the album. Think it's probably the best out of the 3 of them.

The album's a belter, fucking love it now. Totally changed from their first outing of coure, but there's only so long a band can create songs about nights on the lash, one night stands and taxi rides before they seem like they're winging it. They are so young and were always bound to go in a different direction and i think they should be praised for not just whacking out the same music over and over.

Turner seems a bit up his own arse these days but lyrically he's fucking brilliant.

Pretty Viitors, My Propellor and Cornerstone are fucking magic.