You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Big spiders are female, the little wimpy ones male.

Referring to biggies as male is misogynistic sexism that typifies broken-Britain and the failings of the Big Society.

The courts are too lenient with persistent offenders.

Longer prison sentences and the return of national service is the only solution.

Hey I like to think Monstro was a bloke. Same as I like to think the T-Rex is Jurassic Park was a fella too.

Guest davelfc
They've only come out to shag and you cunts are killing them.

I suppose if they're coming out to get 'fucked' then objective achieved. (Although I doubt a size 11.5 trainer was in their mind until of course it actually was)

I was getting dressed this morning, took my tshirt off the hanger and as I put it on I felt a bit of stringy cotton whatever on my arm, brushed it off and watched it drop, then when it landed it started running across the floor. Proper shit me up.

No worries though, threw a book at it, then lobbed its mangled body out the window.

I'm at peace with the arachnids. As long as they announce their presence in good time that is, the creepy little fucker hiding in the washing pile or on the curtain in the morning will not be tolerated. Same goes for the freaks that decide to take up residence on the coving so they can watch me sleep. That shit is definitely not going to fly. They never learn.

In other words, I am rational enough to understand that they are beneficial creatures for a household, but I'm a skitzy and paranoid little bastard when something makes me jump.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a spider repellent, spent about £35 on it.

I just saw 2 fucking spiders in my room, I feel like crying.....Horrible fuckers.

A conclusion to my expensive purchase 1 year on... Spider repellent plugs do not work.

Don't be a mug like me and waste money on a plug with fancy, flashing lights.

Saw a huge one above the bathroom door two nights ago. Shit myself, took me completely by surprise how big it was. Got my flip flop from the bedroom and splatted it. I always feel bad killing anything other than wasps, but it was him or me and sometimes you do bad things when gripped by fear.

It's a dream silvey, a dream. If I get my microwave bacon crisper I can add a bacon buttie to the equation. It's the only reason I moved in.

Well, I will certainly have to bear it in mind when I next move. It will be my new deal-breaker.

"Yes, yes, it's very lovely, but does it have an upstairs kitchen? You know, for when the downstairs one seems just so ....far away?"

Bit annoyed at the moment as an orb weaver keeps making a massive web from one corner to another of my yard. Had my sunglasses on this morning and walked face first into it when i was putting the motorbike out.

They are everywhere right now. I can deal with spiders usually but not when I walk face-first into their webs.