You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Whenever you see a dead one, they’ve tucked themselves up into a very compact ball.  If humans did the same it would mean coffins could be replaced with boxes, and we’d be doing our bit to save the planet.  I do know that a number of people on here are bound to be caught, arms at the waist, legs splayed, when rigor mortis sets in.  For me, I’ve given my family instruction to turn me into a broth. 

• Upvote 1

I need some big enough to catch crickets, field just up the road is trying to sell to developers and has left it to grow long. There are hundreds of the noisy bastards making their way down to the houses and creeping in any windows left on the air gap. Getting quite good at dropping ice cream containers so it catches them mid-jump so I can chuck them out, though.

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

I need some big enough to catch crickets, field just up the road is trying to sell to developers and has left it to grow long. There are hundreds of the noisy bastards making their way down to the houses and creeping in any windows left on the air gap. Getting quite good at dropping ice cream containers so it catches them mid-jump so I can chuck them out, though.

The sound of crickets is great. Why the FUCK would you want a spider bug enough to eat crickets? Id rather get a bearded dragon. Or an actually dragon. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

The sound of crickets is great. Why the FUCK would you want a spider bug enough to eat crickets? Id rather get a bearded dragon. Or an actually dragon. 

I don't really, I'm just sick of going to bed and spotting one sat in the middle of the kitchen that I then have to catch. Bearded dragon might be a bit much, but I wish we had house geckos in this country, they'd sort it out.

I don't mind them however last night my son went out to our garage which I have converted to a retreat for myself with workshop, beer on tap, gym, music, TV and recently set up my sons amp and pedals so he can play his guitar a bit louder than when he's in the house.

Anyway he goes out carrying one of his guitars and then come back in two minutes later saying he can't be in there as there is a spider the size of his hand on the wall. I was laughing at him and went to check and fuck me he was right it was huge, I went back in the house to get my phone to take a picture but when I came back he'd scuttled off. 

I usually have no issue in picking up spiders and moving them on somewhere but even I wouldn't have gone near this beast.