You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Mook said:

The single is here. As suspected, Squire sounds good but I can't go Liam's voice at all & the drums  sound fucking awful...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Let's cut and paste some of the most obvious tropes we were both known for 20/30 years ago when we actually had something of note to say and nobody will find it at all predictable, tired and boring at all....

I quite like it. 

Liam’s voice is a bit shit and whiny but Squire’s guitar playing is great. It’s got a very Beatles vibe to it and there seems to be a little bit of pretty much every track from Revolver crammed into the music. 

It’s two blokes from two of the most iconic bands to come out of Manchester and the Madchester/Britpop scenes. So, for all the predictable, boring etc naysayers, what did you expect? 

Liam Gallagher to do a bit of beatboxing and freestyle rap? Squire to bust out a pan pipes solo? 

• 3 weeks later...

John Squire and Liam have done an album. This is the first one they released a few weeks ago, apparently one tomorrow comes out called Mars to Liverpool. 

Sounds very The Seahorses to me. 

This is the best song Liam's sung on someone else's stuff (Alright Noel calm down)

45 minutes ago, Mook said:

Second single out today (LP on 1st March)...

Not a bad track either. Its easy listening if you don't take it too seriously. Might try get tickets for the gig. Just to see Squire live again at least. 

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

€190 for a John Lennon tribute act? 

Been had off there. 

Yea, pretty much. I'm paying for the curiosity factor but mainly to see Squire live. One of my most favourite guitarists. 

22 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Tried to give Second Coming another go the other day. Fuck me it's a car crash. Three good songs. The rest b-side quality, apart from Straight to the Man which isn't even good enough for a b-side.

The years haven't been particularly kind to it but there are definitely more than three good songs.

Tears is maybe my favourite thing they ever did.

5 hours ago, Mook said:

The years haven't been particularly kind to it but there are definitely more than three good songs.

Tears is maybe my favourite thing they ever did.

Maybe I'm being harsh, the disappointment still burns all these years later! Ten Storey..., Driving South and Love Spreads are all bangers. Begging you is decent. The rest i can take or leave. It's a very uneven album. Ian Brown sounds good on the heavier songs, not so much the funk workouts. 

• 1 month later...

The Liam and John album is pish. About 5 listenable tunes. Production is shite. Can barely hear the bass. The 2 boys are front and centre of everything and it suffers for it.

Squires playing is superb at times and it sound like he's having fun on the blues standards they've chucked in. But overall it's a disappointment. Can't say I expected anything mega. 2 old lads having fun perhaps and more power to them.

Still going to see them in a few weeks though on Paddy's weekend in Dublin which will be a blast. 

• 2 weeks later...