You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Space Thread

Section_31

Latest:

The Artemis test-flight to the Moon was thought to be back on track after a suspect hydrogen leak was fixed, but new problems could set the mission back. 

Engineers discovered a possible crack in a flange on the core stage's intertank area, however, on closer inspection, damage was not structural and is not likely to affect the launch. 

Engine number three is still too warm for launch, though. 

The original launch time was set for 8.33am ET (1.33pm BST), with a two-hour window after that in which the rocket can lift off, but Nasa said: "It is anticipated that the timeline is going to be slipping." Nasa has stopped the countdown clock 40 minutes from launch as it continues to work out a fix for its engine cooling problem.

If Artemis 1 cannot launch today then the next windows are on September 2 and 5th, although there are concerns that worsening weather could impact the flights, as Florida is reaching hurricane season. 

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

50 year old narcissist doesnt understand the concepts of the 'V' model and its derivation never mind unit, sytem and integration testing. I am not surprised.

Not me love.  The list of things I know nothing about is virtually endless. But the idea you know more than FUCKING NASA is amazing.  It’s literally rocket science. 

I was bored last night and was looking for something on Amazon Prime and “Close Encounters Of The 5th Kind” came up, so I decided to give it a watch. 

So the basis of the documentary is this…

* Aliens have tapped into their own self consciousness and are in tune with the Universe.
* This works in a mind control / meditation state similar to how Jedi’s use The Force.

* It can be used in similar ways to how the Nav’i are linked to Pandora and its animals / plants. 

* Aliens are visiting earth through some

sort of dimensions, similar to the end of Interstellar, and are trying to teach humans how to also tap into their self consciousness and be at one with the universe. 

* The richest 1% of humans don’t want Aliens to teach us this as it could impact their wealth, hence Regan / Trump etc making quotes about interplanetary wars and are trying to scare the population. 
* The main guy is American and holds yearly CE5 seminars on how to awaken your own self consciousness and conveniently has lots of footage of UFO’s appearing at his seminars. 

Summary of it is here…

https://variety.com/2020/film/reviews/close-encounters-of-the-fifth-kind-review-dr-steven-greer-1234574140/amp/

It’s quite clearly seems nuts. 

On Steven Tyler’s recommendation, I’m going to watch Unacknowledged next. Quite clearly, if the lead singer or Aerosmith believes something, I should believe it to, certainly more than the guy f Blink 182. 

6 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I was bored last night and was looking for something on Amazon Prime and “Close Encounters Of The 5th Kind” came up, so I decided to give it a watch. 

So the basis of the documentary is this…

* Aliens have tapped into their own self consciousness and are in tune with the Universe.
* This works in a mind control / meditation state similar to how Jedi’s use The Force.

* It can be used in similar ways to how the Nav’i are linked to Pandora and its animals / plants. 

* Aliens are visiting earth through some

sort of dimensions, similar to the end of Interstellar, and are trying to teach humans how to also tap into their self consciousness and be at one with the universe. 

* The richest 1% of humans don’t want Aliens to teach us this as it could impact their wealth, hence Regan / Trump etc making quotes about interplanetary wars and are trying to scare the population. 
* The main guy is American and holds yearly CE5 seminars on how to awaken your own self consciousness and conveniently has lots of footage of UFO’s appearing at his seminars. 

Summary of it is here…

https://variety.com/2020/film/reviews/close-encounters-of-the-fifth-kind-review-dr-steven-greer-1234574140/amp/

It’s quite clearly seems nuts. 

On Steven Tyler’s recommendation, I’m going to watch Unacknowledged next. Quite clearly, if the lead singer or Aerosmith believes something, I should believe it to, certainly more than the guy f Blink 182. 

The paradox exemplified by the American mind never ceases to amaze me. Almost one half of Americans think aliens regularly visit the Earth and \ or, their Government has captured UFOs and have backwards engineered alien technology despite the fact there's no sign of us having cures for all diseases, cannot teleport anywhere, dont have FTL travel etc which one could reasonable expect from such advanced races.

The other half by contrast, claim NASA is just a big con, hasnt sent men to the Moon, just producing CGI representations of the rovers on Mars, Hubble and JWST deep space images.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

The paradox exemplified by the American mind never ceases to amaze me. Almost one half of Americans think aliens regularly visit the Earth and \ or, their Government has captured UFOs and have backwards engineered alien technology despite the fact there's no sign of us having cures for all diseases, cannot teleport anywhere, dont have FTL travel etc which one could reasonable expect from such advanced races.

The other half by contrast, claim NASA is just a big con, hasnt sent men to the Moon, just producing CGI representations of the rovers on Mars, Hubble and JWST deep space images.

I found the documentary too “out there” to be believable. The guy came across as some sort of cult leader, passing all his opinions off as fact. 

Some of his claims were ridiculous. That his seminars actively brought UFO’s to earth, that he had boarded a UFO as some sort of force ghost form, that there were 9 crashed UFO’s and murdered alien bodies in the Arizona desert because “he had an inside guy”, a deaf guy at his seminar had his hearing fixed by an alien, he gave aliens a guided tour of Carolina in his mind…

…And that doesn’t get into the “being at one in with the universe” and aliens are friendly & trying to teach us to touch our inner consciousness. 

You never know, everything he said might be correct, just the cultish way and how absolute certain he is on all, with only his opinion as “fact”, makes me less inclined to believe what he says. 

This is the main guy…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_M._Greer

FWIW, I do believe, I think given there is infinite space in every direction, that it is nieve not believe in something. The virgin from this show had just seen too many sci-fi movies and tried to make it believable. 

If aliens wanted to teach us anything they could start by making it impossible to deny they exist and are visiting earth by actually appearing infront of the world and not some random mad bastards.

There's no aliens visiting earth. I bet there's some insane technology that exists now though that's top secret and all kinds of genetic experiments that happen around the world that would put a smile on Josef Mengeles demonic face.