You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

£770!!??

rargh

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be shocked but not surprised. I think the PR offensive he is on would not allow it and think it will not happen.

The sad thing is I would pay it gladly but it is not about me, it is about the ones who have had the season ticket for years went every week etc and that is just not right. Again I doubt that they would increase it that much, not because they do not want to but because of the bad press.

Well the money has to be found from somewhere to pay the 30m a year interest payments and that means next to no money for players and the fans paying more for there tickets

The soul of the club is defo down hells dungeon

Prawn sandwiches will cost a fortune as well.

I believe this is a daft rumour, but in many ways it would make sense for the Yanks to do this, setting aside the need to raise funds to balance the books. Such a rise could trigger a non renewal campaign by RTK and SOS, hence what they see as the dissenting areas at the back of the Kop disappear. They know full well that the tickets not renewed will be snapped up anyway and this price only brings us into line with other title challengers.

Mines going on the credit card anyway to be paid over the season so the way I see it no matter what I pay I cant really afford it but its what I do. When I have common sense attacks I resent every penny I spend on top flight football and the mostly overpaid ungrateful gobshites that play it. Only two things drive me on, one that most of my social life away from the family revolves around the game and secondly the desire to see us win the league again Last time we won it in 1990, a housemate asked why I wasnt celebrating and I said I was still seething we'd lost against Palace in the semi hence no double. The thought that a Sky Generation idiot could take my place and watch us win number 19 from my seat fills me with terror, so until that happens I doubt I'll be giving up.

I believe this is a daft rumour, but in many ways it would make sense for the Yanks to do this, setting aside the need to raise funds to balance the books. Such a rise could trigger a non renewal campaign by RTK and SOS, hence what they see as the dissenting areas at the back of the Kop disappear. They know full well that the tickets not renewed will be snapped up anyway and this price only brings us into line with other title challengers.

Mines going on the credit card anyway to be paid over the season so the way I see it no matter what I pay I cant really afford it but its what I do. When I have common sense attacks I resent every penny I spend on top flight football and the mostly overpaid ungrateful gobshites that play it. Only two things drive me on, one that most of my social life away from the family revolves around the game and secondly the desire to see us win the league again Last time we won it in 1990, a housemate asked why I wasnt celebrating and I said I was still seething we'd lost against Palace in the semi hence no double. The thought that a Sky Generation idiot could take my place and watch us win number 19 from my seat fills me with terror, so until that happens I doubt I'll be giving up.

Excellent post.

Basic law of economics, when you are selling all that you can supply increase the price until that is no longer the case. Season tickets of £800 would probably all sell out, ask the touts.

The ticket prices at Anfield are well under priced when you consider the market. You either pay up or you don't, simple choice.

I've already decided to give mine up for next season as i'm saving to get wed and couldnt justify to total cash i spend going to games when you take into account the petrol and lunch and a few beers etc, but the cost fo the ticket wasnt all that bad, but if this is gonna be the price then i now know i made the right call.

I'll still have it back next year though, as it is the only thing i spend decent amounts of money on and my bonus covers the cost.