You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PEPE REINAS LAST SAVE?

Jordy20

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but one thing that i cant fuckin get my head around is that hes probably the best peno stopper in shoot outs but has he ever saved a one on one during a game? im not sure but i dont think so

fuckin quality keeper but hardly player of the year or best in the world as some people say

You're rite, i don't think he's ever made a ONE on ONE save, or made a save that made me go WOW. And he's been here 3 seasons now.

He's an idiot alright, and because there's shedloads more like him it'll cost Rafa his job. But then we'll of course get in an attacking minded manager who will suddenly make the team play like Arsenal, and he will also get unlimited funds to build the team he wants and make us the best team on the planet. And even better; he'll never rotate, always the best players week in and week out. That's what's required to win the league you know.

There are many many times that Reina made great saves. Except due to his positioning he collects them without having to make hollywood dives. None of them even make the highlights. He just catches them and out they go nearly instantly to the wingers or to Torres.

Other keepers have to make those saves by diving because their anticipation and positioning is not as good as Reina's.

1) Why don't you count how many times he sweeps the ball when the striker rushes forwards and he beats the striker to it? For other keepers that would have been a one on one

2) Why don't you count all the shots on goal that Reina just catches without a fuss and throws/lobs it forwards in an instant? For other keepers that may require a hollywood save.

Next time you watch a match, count those, and imagine what other keepers ie Cech would have done based on their normal behaviour. The only other keeper who comes close to Reina's anticipation is probably Given.

The other keepers are tall, 6' 5" therefore they stay rooted to the line, and by and large they are slow on the run

Reina and Given are shorter keepers at aroud 6' 1" so they have to anticipate rather than try and stretch at the last minute hoping to cover the goal.

Facts are, Reina can be scored against, but quite alot of those times, they are probably unstoppable or fluke unexpected shots.

At last, some common sense. Wouldn't swap Reina for anyone.

Reina and Given are shorter keepers at aroud 6' 1" so they have to anticipate rather than try and stretch at the last minute hoping to cover the goal.

Facts are, Reina can be scored against, but quite alot of those times, they are probably unstoppable or fluke unexpected shots.

Good points in your post, but for me - Shay Given is a keeper that always does some amazing saves.

Good points in your post, but for me - Shay Given is a keeper that always does some amazing saves.

But Given has to with the defence in front of him doesn't he?

Reina is a percentage keeper. He does gets maybe 80% decisions right, and the rest are the fluke or defensive blunders.

Thats compared to say Dudek, who did build a resume of magnificent saves, one on ones or fluke saves against unstoppable shots, but flops the percentage ones.

Reina does have his weaknesses. This is mainly due to his size. At 6 ' 1"

he has two main problems namely:

1) he is always vulnerable to being bundled or blocked by big burley strikers, thats why he "flaps" at good crosses. If there were no 6' 3" Drogbas or Terrys blocking him or charging at him, he would eat those all day. But otherwise he is forced to punch;

2) being a "short" keeper, he cannot cover the whole goal with just a dive, he needs to take a running jump. Thus the sudden one touch shots or fluke shots to the far corners, he does not have sufficient time to run and reach for them, unlike a 6' 5" Cech who merely has to dive and he covers the corners.

as a liverpool keeper you are highlighted by the mistakes you make rather than the saves because in general the keepers don't have a massive amount to do. you look at james now. He still makes mistakes but he gets the opportunity to produce a lot of saves too which last in the memory.

For Fuck sake a bullshit thread about one of our best & most consistent players, probably the best keeper since Clemence. The mark of a good keeper is one that does not have to make spectacular saves due to good positioning and one that the defenders are confident in.

Jordy20 does not know what he is talking about.

You're rite, i don't think he's ever made a ONE on ONE save, or made a save that made me go WOW. And he's been here 3 seasons now.

To turn it around, which of the recent goals do you think he should have saved? And if you can't name any is it his fault that the only goals that have gone in are unstoppable?

Personally, I think he's ace and not just that but based on recent performances he could also teach some of our outfield players a bit about passing the ball.

He jus never saves anything. I thort he should have done better with that goal against Derby, something Peter CHech would have saved.

Also sure the bramble goal was good, but a world class keeper should be making saves to win us games.

Fuck off scotbot you turd eating gobshite.

He jus never saves anything. I thort he should have done better with that goal against Derby, something Peter CHech would have saved.

Also sure the bramble goal was good, but a world class keeper should be making saves to win us games.

Like Cech has been doing lately.

Fuck off, Reina is the best keeper in the premiership, period.

Youve spent the day talking shite.

Does the 20 stand for your IQ