You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pensions.

Employer collecting monies from wages and not paying into a pension.

They're fucked, right?

Custodial if it’s deliberate and systematic I’m thinking?

Some cunt has been collecting money for months from wages for pension contributions and not paying in to it for a group of people I know. 

I can't remember them, but there are rules about the time they have to pay in. The provider also holds some responsibility here to follow up and report breaches. Might be worth contacting the provider first. 

In most cases will likely be some technical issue like not getting the direct debit sorted properly and compensation will be paid to cover lost time, but if theres anything more than that, yeah, can be pretty serious. 

Quick search: https://www.gov.uk/employers-workplace-pensions-rules#:~:text=When you're enrolled into,opt out within 1 month

First payment can be delayed by months, but people should be informed about this.

The pensions regulator might be a good place to find more info on employer obligations. Been out of the industry for years at this point so don't take my word for it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pidge said:

I can't remember them, but there are rules about the time they have to pay in. The provider also holds some responsibility here. Might be worth contacting the provider first. 

In most cases will likely be some technical issue like not getting the direct debit sorted properly and compensation will be paid to cover lost time, but if theres anything more than that, yeah, can be pretty serious. 

Quick search: https://www.gov.uk/employers-workplace-pensions-rules#:~:text=When you're enrolled into,opt out within 1 month

First payment can be delayed by months, but people should be informed about this.

Cheers.

Its more than that.

The 90 day thing is well gone.

They have collected money from the last seven months pay slips and only paid on two occasions, October & December.

They guy is shady as shit and they’ve asked me to help out with the email drafts ect as your first recourse is to contact employer, before ombudsman.

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Cheers.

Its more than that.

They have collected money from the last seven months pay slips and only paid on two occasions, October & December.

They guy is shady as shit and they’ve asked me to help out with the email drafts ect as your first recourse is to contact employer, before ombudsman.

Stupid question/point but I know my pension provider gets money from the company not entirely on a consistent basis, it comes out via direct debit. 

Just now, Antynwa said:

Stupid question/point but I know my pension provider gets money from the company not entirely on a consistent basis, it comes out via direct debit. 

The provider have been in touch to say payments are missing, so something is going on.

We assume fraud and kind of hope it is so the cunt gets sent down.

Kunts.
There's been brilliant growth in the markets in the last 12 months that you've all missed out on. 

They've probably had the money "resting in their account", gaining 20%+ returns, and then invest the money correctly when required.

3 minutes ago, Lario said:

Kunts.
There's been brilliant growth in the markets in the last 12 months that you've all missed out on. 

They've probably had the money "resting in their account", gaining 20%+ returns, and then invest the money correctly when required.

There is no ambiguity about these things, there is a set date by which funds should have been paid and the share prices are known. Compensation should be paid to make up any shortfall and buy the appropriate number of units.

6 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Cheers.

Its more than that.

Might be obvious, but if your obligation is to contact employer first, get all your ducks in a row, get as much information as you can etc first.

As once you contact him/her they'll do what they can to thwart you.

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The provider have been in touch to say payments are missing, so something is going on.

We assume fraud and kind of hope it is so the cunt gets sent down.

Who is your pension provider?