You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brands which have gone shit

Section_31

Used to like some Timberland stuff but it's shite these days, cheap-looking 'dad' trainer/boot hybrids which last five minutes. Massively overpriced too, the outdoor looking stuff isn't even waterproof half the time. 

Next was never what you'd call a premium brand but it would usually last, now it feels generally like supermarket clothes and the clobber consists largely of Doug Willis shirts which look like they've been dyed with baby shit.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Nike.

nah, not having that.

nike is still the best imo. 

what i will say is though, all the runners (trainers as you lads call them) that are around the 50-70 euro mark are utter garbage. but that goes for all brands, be it nike, adidas, puma etc....

i swear they're all made in the one factory in vietnam and just given the logo of the day. 

but generally if you pay over €100 for a pair of nike, they're good 

• Upvote 2

Fred Perry. Not the styles or the designs but the quality and durability. I bought 4 polo shirts a couple of years ago and within 6 months they all looked faded and worn down despite me not wearing them that often. Black ones fade within a few months. 

Bought a Ralph Lauren polo shirt a year before these and it still looks new. 

1 minute ago, Harry Squatter said:

Fred Perry. Not the styles or the designs but the quality and durability. I bought 4 polo shirts a couple of years ago and within 6 months they all looked faded and worn down despite me not wearing them that often. Black ones fade within a few months. 

Becoming the uniform of the far right has taken it's toll.

In bold - lovely.

27 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

They're girls aren't they, I wasn't aware I could get them in my size if not.....

I stand by no person under 45 wears Adidas trainers any more.

Haha, my younger brother takes the puss out of me for not wearing the mad trainers he wears. 

Nonsense ! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

They're girls aren't they, I wasn't aware I could get them in my size if not.....

I stand by no person under 45 wears Adidas trainers any more.

I can confirm I'm under 40 and don't. It's New Balance,Asia's or Mizuno running shoes for me. Only ones that still have a decent  fit

• Upvote 1