You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brentford (H) - Sun 12th Nov 2023 (2:00pm)

Trumo

Great for Tsimikas. After a couple of painfully nervous performances, that was good. Endo, similarly, much, much better. I thought Trent went for a few camera-friendly tricks instead of simple but effective passes - maybe tolerable against Brentford but it worries me that he isn't ruthlessly incisive in any game - that's the high standard for which he should be striving. Virge - he made a mockery of the lazy critiques of his work, he was imperious.

• Upvote 2

My first match for a while and I really enjoyed it. Obviously I wasn’t able to celebrate 33.3% of the goals, because football has been ruined, but it was quite refreshing to have a couple of good old fashioned “check yourself and don’t celebrate because the flags gone up” ones like @dave u was talking about in midweek on the pod.

we needed that performance against a good team, but we also needed to face that kind of team too. One that’s good and difficult to play against but that will come at us and go toe to toe a bit. 

That game was never ending 0-0 so we didn’t have to stress about whether we could break them down.

Thought the centre half’s were great all game. Really pleased Kostas got a positive performance and some assists - he really grew in confidence as it went on.

On Endo, he was ok, but he’s not good enough for us and our level.

Nunez was unlucky on that first now I’ve seen it back, and the second reminded me of one fowler “scored” but had ruled out. Maybe he is last ever for us? Same end.

overall, great day at the office.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yes, world beaters, is what I had said. Sure. Good you admit you were talking shit there, though. A rare admission around these parts. Credit to you.

If it's your opinion that Endo did well, that's fine. I think he was turd but these are just opinions, after all.

At least you would have presumably actually watched the game this time to colour your opinion.

A terrible take.

I don't actually think you mean it; you're just trying to bait Angry so are exaggerating.

How many headers did Endo win?  For a little fella he knows how to make his presence felt.

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Jota is a hell of a finisher too. The Toulouse goal and yesterday were brilliant. The goals were are scoring are becoming more clinical and we are shooting and being more direct. I like that,a lot.

He really is.  I think his overall contribution is undervalued; he works as hard in his own penalty area as he does in the opponent's.  He's great in the air in his own area, and he tracks back - he's getting towards Mane levels of excellence in that regard.  He is very often involved early in build ups too, as he is happy to receive the ball and carry it from deep.  He's our most natural goalscorer and he works hard for the benefit of the team.  He's a great player for us. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Jota is the comfortably our most underrated player. He is goals. 

I will say though,in slight contrast to my previous statement, that he looks better from the bench. I mean,I'm no Harvey Elliott fan but he looks much better as an impact player too from the bench. This is so important in the modern game.

5 hours ago, stringvest said:

He really is.  I think his overall contribution is undervalued; he works as hard in his own penalty area as he does in the opponent's.  He's great in the air in his own area, and he tracks back - he's getting towards Mane levels of excellence in that regard.  He is very often involved early in build ups too, as he is happy to receive the ball and carry it from deep.  He's our most natural goalscorer and he works hard for the benefit of the team.  He's a great player for us. 

Yeah agree with all this. I don't like it when he's not starting for us.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Endo, is there anybody in there?

Just nod the ball clear,

We always win at home 

There is no plan

They (Brentford) are receding

A distant team on the horizon

We are getting thru in waves

Mo calls for the ball

But I can’t hear what he’s saying.

On 13/11/2023 at 07:58, Bob said:

My first match for a while and I really enjoyed it. Obviously I wasn’t able to celebrate 33.3% of the goals, because football has been ruined, but it was quite refreshing to have a couple of good old fashioned “check yourself and don’t celebrate because the flags gone up” ones like @dave u was talking about in midweek on the pod.

we needed that performance against a good team, but we also needed to face that kind of team too. One that’s good and difficult to play against but that will come at us and go toe to toe a bit. 

That game was never ending 0-0 so we didn’t have to stress about whether we could break them down.

Thought the centre half’s were great all game. Really pleased Kostas got a positive performance and some assists - he really grew in confidence as it went on.

On Endo, he was ok, but he’s not good enough for us and our level.

Nunez was unlucky on that first now I’ve seen it back, and the second reminded me of one fowler “scored” but had ruled out. Maybe he is last ever for us? Same end.

overall, great day at the office.

The only goal I celebrated was the Jota one. Football is dead to having a good day.