You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brentford (H) - Sun 12th Nov 2023 (2:00pm)

Trumo

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

He was doing it so much today that I suspect it was a deliberate tactic to drag them out of shape. Not great for anyone with a dicky ticker, like.

Whatever the intention was, the inevitable result was a panicked clearance to a Brentford player with our players out of shape.  

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Do we really want to talk about whether a player or team is playing well or not, Angry? Wouldn't say you're particularly strong on the subject.

Hahaha. You're an expert on all things football, because you think Everton are world-beaters.

I'll admit I haven't watched that much of Everton. You know who I have watched? Liverpool. And like everyone else at Anfield and everyone else on here I can see that our DM did well today.

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I thought so, too, but I've just seen an expert opinion that he was, in fact, "mediocre"; so, I stand corrected.

Yeah, one or two at at it again. Pointless engaging with them to be honest. He had a decent game. Grew into the game 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Hahaha. You're an expert on all things football, because you think Everton are world-beaters.

I'll admit I haven't watched that much of Everton. You know who I have watched? Liverpool. And like everyone else at Anfield and everyone else on here I can see that our DM did well today.

Yes, world beaters, is what I had said. Sure. Good you admit you were talking shit there, though. A rare admission around these parts. Credit to you.

If it's your opinion that Endo did well, that's fine. I think he was turd but these are just opinions, after all.

At least you would have presumably actually watched the game this time to colour your opinion.

• Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Whatever the intention was, the inevitable result was a panicked clearance to a Brentford player with our players out of shape.  

Was it clear on telly that the Kop started having a go at him and he turned round and started shouting back at the Kop for quite awhile actually? 
We’d made up by the end of the game.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Was it clear on telly that the Kop started having a go at him and he turned round and started shouting back at the Kop for quite awhile actually? 
We’d made up by the end of the game.

I didn't see that, but it doesn't do any harm for the crowd to pass on some collective wisdom

Why was Leon osman on our match for five live . I had a road trip and had to listen to his biased rubbish all afternoon. Like wtf is his connection to liverpoool or Brentford.  As an example twice he said this Brentford had best chance of first half they will be kicking themselves . Ffs we scored one and Darwin had two in the net. I can honestly say it was surreal.  Then he said some shote about only being at anfield cause he didn't want to tile the house today .Jesus. 

5 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Why was Leon osman on our match for five live . I had a road trip and had to listen to his biased rubbish all afternoon. Like wtf is his connection to liverpoool or Brentford.  As an example twice he said this Brentford had best chance of first half they will be kicking themselves . Ffs we scored one and Darwin had two in the net. I can honestly say it was surreal.  Then he said some shote about only being at anfield cause he didn't want to tile the house today .Jesus. 

He should be more bitter with the lack of people turning up to his joint Testimonial with Hibbert. No wonder he’s doing his own tiling.

• Haha 2

Nice win, we were good and made them look average.

Endo was ok, he’s very slow, he makes way too many fools because the game is too fast for him and he can’t cope with it. He’s good in the air though.

I dread him playing vs City.

Tsimikas was good as Dave predicted. 

It’s fun to have many teams within a few points. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

He was a red when he was a kid.

Although not starting with our intensity of the past, we slowly got on top of the game, and the usual silly mistakes aside, I was fairly relaxed that they were going to struggle to put away their odd chances, due to very poor finishing.

Endo was stable, and I personally would like Jurgen to let him settle in the role, so that we can rotate our other new signings around him in midfield, as well as the youngsters that have been breaking through into the first team. Dominik looks a little laboured of late, and perhaps he’s been overplayed.

Defensively, we did well to keep a clean sheet, particularly in that late part of the game where Brentford had some sustained pressure. I was a bit nervous at that point - not of losing, but if conceding a goal - I knew we needed to win by three to get ahead of the Arse.

In the end, a solid three points, and with all the top 5 or 6 teams continuing to drop points, we are, in my humble opinion, in a Title challenge.

Good result to be going into an international break after. 

With Thiago effectively retired and Jones, Mac Allister, Bajcetic and Gravenberch unavailable, we'd have been goosed without Endo today. 

We all know the story with Thiago, but the continuing fitness issues of Jones and Bajcetic are a real concern given their ages. It's a shame because Jones has been quietly excellent when he's played this calendar year. 

Overall, really encouraging start to the season after the Saudi departures threw our preparations into turmoil and the slapstick few days of requited love from Caicedo and Lavia (remember them?). Onwards and upwards.