You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Napoli

Lee909

43 minutes ago, KevieG said:

Konate, while a bit impetuous, is just way more of a presence, and improvement on Gomez. 

Need a top midfielder signed for the next round. 

There was a run forward he made in the first half where the Napoli player had to foul him two or three times before he stopped him. He's a good advert for what happens when you do as your mum says and eat up all your veg.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Konate needs to stay fit. Nunez is fucking ace.

They both need to play as much as possible. Plenty of strength and speed and neither is afflicted with the fatigue most others seem to have from the exertions of the last few years. 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Seen a couple of places saying Nunez had pinched Virgil's goal, but it didn't look like it was going in to me.

It was, probably. It would defo have gone in eventually if left untouched but it was going slowly enough that it might’ve been possible for the keeper to get up and get to it, maybe.

strikers should be poaching them unless they know for certain they’re offside.

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

We'll get one of Porto, Bayern, Real Madrid/Leipzig or PSG/Benfica in the knockouts as we can't be paired with Napoli or another English club.

Give me Porto. 

Not because they are a seemingly easier team to beat than the others, but because we have a habit of making it to the final after we play them. And I do love a good omen or two. 

2 hours ago, suzy said:

Oh that’s disappointing. Aldo didn’t think it was a free kick.

Hehee. Aldo called offside before var for their goal. VAR says offside. Aldo called goal for our 2nd before var. VAR calls goal for our 2nd.

Aldo - best referee in the country.

• Upvote 1

Tough crowd on here. We were good tonight, ran our bolllox off, got stuck in, played some good stuff and kept Alisson out of danger. Particularly impressed by Jones, again he lacked the final ball/shot but he was everywhere and trying things.

I'd keep this set up for a the next 2 league games with Hendo in for Milner if necessary. Keep it solid and have Nunez in reserve to go and win the game. All variants of 442 need fucking in an ocean.

• Upvote 2

Joel rubbing off on Ib ’s with those mazy bandy leg runs which, like Joel, freaks the fuck out the opposition. 
Which is probably assisted by our predictable play and nature which means, this leaves the oppo well flummoxed as even we don’t know what the fuck is going to happen next.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, No2 said:

Tough crowd on here. We were good tonight, ran our bolllox off, got stuck in, played some good stuff and kept Alisson out of danger. Particularly impressed by Jones, again he lacked the final ball/shot but he was everywhere and trying things.

I'd keep this set up for a the next 2 league games with Hendo in for Milner if necessary. Keep it solid and have Nunez in reserve to go and win the game. All variants of 442 need fucking in an ocean.

Like yourself, I thought Curtis Jones did pretty well. He's played barely any football in six months, too. No point in playing him unless he's in an attacking position - he just won't make a central midfielder. 

Looking at the big impact that Konate and then Nunez had, I'm now convinced that our current problems are down to fatigue/burnout than anything more terminal, which makes Diaz's current absence all the more frustrating as he was often leading the charge before his injury. 

Utter lunacy for us not to bring in a midfielder in January now. It's crucial. I'd also be giving Bajectic and Ramsay more minutes. 

We'll go far in the European Cup again this season. 

Thought our fans were good last night. Encouraging and applauding early simple interventions and passes, almost like saying ‘we are with you’. Might be reading too much into it, but that’s how it seemed to me in the opening half an hour.

Just now, bossy said:

Thought our fans were good last night. Encouraging and applauding early simple interventions and passes, almost like saying ‘we are with you’. Might be reading too much into it, but that’s how it seemed to me in the opening half an hour.

There was a great reaction after their 'goal' too, long before it was ruled out. 

• Upvote 3

I was impressed by Núñez again last night. He’s still really, really raw. But, I read something on him by the Anfield Wrap lot, who said things happen around him, be they chaotic or not. And it’s true. He’s a handful. He got an assist and a goal in a brief appearance last night and could’ve got another assist after a great bit of direct play down the wing. 

Room for improvement and a bit more consistency, but he’s definitely on an upwards trajectory. 

8 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

I was impressed by Núñez again last night. He’s still really, really raw. But, I read something on him by the Anfield Wrap lot, who said things happen around him, be they chaotic or not. And it’s true. He’s a handful. He got an assist and a goal in a brief appearance last night and could’ve got another assist after a great bit of direct play down the wing. 

Room for improvement and a bit more consistency, but he’s definitely on an upwards trajectory. 

Need a little bit of that chaos back. Rock and roll football like the good old days. 

1 hour ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

They must have hit him with kryptonite. I can't understand the fannies that want to get rid. Don't necessarily keep him as a player but I reckon he'd do a better job of fitness training than the incumbents.

I agree in principle but he might need to be reigned in a bit if he’s sending players out for the second half with concussion/ broken necks etc shouting ‘there’s nowt wrong with ya, lad’.

• Upvote 1