You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (A) - Sun 10th Apr 2022 (4:30pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Yep - Agree with this City for me definelty the better side even though we did  improve in the second half.

After both league games this season I think City have been the better side overall in both and caused us more problems than we caused them. 

The quality of chances we've created against them has been quite good. Some point blank opportunities. But they've controlled the games to the extent that the number of chances we've created has been quite low.

I think it's far to say that Guardiola has figured out how to play us. The last few games they've been well in control of it, unlike a few years ago when we were able to blitz and unsettle them. Whether that's because they play 6 midfielders now, or because ours are not as dynamic as they were I don't know. But Jurgen needs to figure this one out because it's hard to see us turning them over the way the recent games seem to take shape. Can he counter the packed controlling midfield. Easier said than done obviously as they are an exceptional team. 

15 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

His telling contribution about the game: Liverpool cannot be called a great team if they only have 1 PL title to their name. My club (who can afford to put a £100m player on the bench for the best part of 80 minutes of this game), can be called a great team because they've won multiple titles.

It fell to Neville to point out Liverpool have spent a fraction of the money city have and who have a seemingly bottomless pit of money with which to buy those multiple titles preventing Liverpool from winning them.

The man's a fucking moron. He guffaws all the way through games when city are winning then acts the grumpy arse when his team lose or are pegged back.

All the stuff by oppo fans about too many ex Liverpool players being pundits is blown away just to have utter fools like Micah Richards spout his myopic shit.

Great post that Docker.

It annoys me that someone like him holds fort talking about greatness in the company of Souness, Keane and  even Neville. He won one title I think but goes on as if he was peak Maldini. Where he does fucking get off deciding what team can be called great? For my money, Liverpool in the 70s and 80s and the Mancs under Ferguson about 1999 were the only two "great" teams this country has had. I'm biased but I would have some of our old teams from the 70s/80s in the top 5 greatest club sides of all time. Revie's Leeds didn't win as many trophies as they could have because the competition was so fierce. Wenger's Arsenal could have won a few more titles were it not for United. Doesn't mean they won't be remembered as magnificent teams with great players though. If it wasn't for us, the league would be a one team joke, but once those pesky Scousers aren't winning, all is good with the world eh. Right now, City are in the pack with those teams. They become Champions of Europe and I would begrudgingly say they are "great".

Chalk and cheese to Wright is Richards. People like Ian Wright because he is at heart a very decent fella. Apparently Roy Keane gets on great with him and while I have a bit of a soft spot for Keane because he can be funny, I'd say there aren't many people he truly likes. Richards makes out he has the respect of Keane - I'd imagine Keane and Neville think of him as a complete gobshite and Souness must be thinking I got pearls of footballing wisdom from the boot room men and now I have this clown beside me.

I never thought I could want us to beat a team more than United. The more I hear people like Richards and the city fans, the more I hate them more than the other mob. Vile club.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

14 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Great post that Docker.

It annoys me that someone like him holds fort talking about greatness in the company of Souness, Keane and  even Neville. He won one title I think but goes on as if he was peak Maldini. Where he does fucking get off deciding what team can be called great? For my money, Liverpool in the 70s and 80s and the Mancs under Ferguson about 1999 were the only two "great" teams this country has had. I'm biased but I would have some of our old teams from the 70s/80s in the top 5 greatest club sides of all time. Revie's Leeds didn't win as many trophies as they could have because the competition was so fierce. Wenger's Arsenal could have won a few more titles were it not for United. Doesn't mean they won't be remembered as magnificent teams with great players though. If it wasn't for us, the league would be a one team joke, but once those pesky Scousers aren't winning, all is good with the world eh. Right now, City are in the pack with those teams. They become Champions of Europe and I would begrudgingly say they are "great".

Chalk and cheese to Wright is Richards. People like Ian Wright because he is at heart a very decent fella. Apparently Roy Keane gets on great with him and while I have a bit of a soft spot for Keane because he can be funny, I'd say there aren't many people he truly likes. Richards makes out he has the respect of Keane - I'd imagine Keane and Neville think of him as a complete gobshite and Souness must be thinking I got pearls of footballing wisdom from the boot room men and now I have this clown beside me.

I never thought I could want us to beat a team more than United. The more I hear people like Richards and the city fans, the more I hate them more than the other mob. Vile club.

Top post Ronnie and I agree about our 70's and 80's team. Our 78 team shades it for me out of the two but I dont think you'd get the width of a fag paper between them to be honest.

Soz out of juice but will be back!

I dont agree with the narrative that Pep has figured us out. In the last 6 games we've played against City, they've won 2 and we've won 1. The others being 3 draws.

The two they won include the 4-0 after we had won the league and some of our players still looked hungover. The 2nd win was at an empty Anfield with us missing Van Dijk and a couple other key players. 6 games and only 2 wins which have an asterisk. That's not being "figured out" in my opinion.

Hope I'm not jinxing the FA cup semifinal now though.

• Like 1

Someone pointed out that city played like us and we played like city.

It may be a cliche but I think klopp and guardiola force each other on.

There is clearly mutual respect there.

When a city manager starts making shit up about us and dismissing what we have done in the past then, they may be in the same ballpark as those other cunts.

As for Richards, if that clueless buffoon persona is an act,he deserves an Oscar.

Referee Michael Oliver will take charge of the FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Manchester City at Wembley on Saturday.

Darren England will be VAR official for the showcase occasion.

Funny that the blue mancs were taking the piss out of us for being annoyed about the ref and VAR for the game yesterday, saying we're victims crying it in early etc. only for their heads to fall off at the sight of Michael Oliver. 

Bunch of cunts. 

13 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I think the calls for Henderson to be replaced aren't single game, or single season, accusations. It's just today was another stark example of what your number 8, in an elite side, should be capable of. KDB can do that against us, Hendo can't do what KDB does against a conference side, let alone players like Fabinho. 

So we need to bin off Henderson because he can't do what De Bruyne does?

What are you, 12 years old?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Supremolad said:

I dont agree with the narrative that Pep has figured us out. In the last 6 games we've played against City, they've won 2 and we've won 1. The others being 3 draws.

The two they won include the 4-0 after we had won the league and some of our players still looked hungover. The 2nd win was at an empty Anfield with us missing Van Dijk and a couple other key players. 6 games and only 2 wins which have an asterisk. That's not being "figured out" in my opinion.

Hope I'm not jinxing the FA cup semifinal now though.

They've definitely figured out how to play against us. But that doesn't mean we haven't figured out how to nullify them either, which I think, in large parts  we've done.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, m0e said:

So we need to bin off Henderson because he can't do what De Bruyne does?

What are you, 12 years old?

I have championed Hendo to my mates here and taken flak for it. Hendo is still a key player imo. Having said that there were times that the game passed him by and I feel we need to find another option to him . Not sure who that would be though.