You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (A) - Sun 10th Apr 2022 (4:30pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, coachpotato said:

City will be more concentrated on the CL the nearer they get to the final, and they will get to the final I think, so they might take chances in the League and that’s when they may drop points.

We have to win all our games to be certain of taking advantage if/when they do slip.

They may just think they’ve won it today and that could be to our advantage.

We need to be better than today though.

It was so crucial to not lose today to keep it within a single slip-up from them. 

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Anyone else exhausted after watching that?

It's fucking mentally draining, but of course great!

I think we'd all accept a draw, especially after 1st half - all we can do is keep picking up wins and if they slip up pounce.

I've just drank a Lucozade sport worn out.

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's like playing the warlocks of quarth, like they've got about 28 players on the pitch. Like the ball boy and Klopp turn into city players when you're not looking, then you look at your Mrs on the couch and she's a fucking city player too.

They’re an incredible side they really are Klopp has worked miracles keeping up with them, he would have won a skip full of trophies but for a state sponsored cheating institution.

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

No. They ARE quite good - where have you been for the past few years? The defeatism and quivering fear on here has been pathetic. We've been under par for a few weeks, at least, and we're still in it and we scored twice against them and could have scored another. Not bad for the supposedly awful performance some have seen. I bet their fans are quoting this forum by the page, laughing their arses off at the teary pessimism of it all. Keep it up, maybe they'll die laughing.

I know they are good. We were sloppy, which allowed them to show it. Less mistakes from us and they aren’t given the kind of platform to show it in the way they did.

We might well have won it, we could well have lost it. If we had lost it would have been more down to our sloppiness than their quality.

As I said, it’s a decent point. As I also inferred, we’re still in it. 

Not sure exactly how you managed to interpret my positive, realistic, post in the way you have but thanks for the contribution. 

City were ok but we were way off the pace and they will be feeling they missed out. We scored two excellent goals while City's came from a deflection and a marginal offside decision,  which I'm not at all convinced was scrutinized fully. So, despite their superiority on the day, City won't be feeling too confident about next week. The league is theirs to lose and the pressure will take its toll - on their manager as much as their players.

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Not looking forward to playing them on the Wembley pitch, it’s going to be seriously hard work.

True. Hoping City run themselves into the ground well before the 90 mark. Also hoping we learn from today. Jurgen has to choose slightly different starting 11, you’d think.

1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

Watching that first goal again, twice Allison had the chance to shout leave it and just let the ball bounce through to him, twice Van Dijk opted to head it away. Still a jammy fucking deflection mind.

Not sure that’s fair to Alisson who made a big save 30 seconds before.

I'll take the 2-2, because we were hanging on by the skin of our teeth at times in that first half. Their attacking patterns were exactly as we would expect from them, but it looked like we weren't prepared for the intensity and directness with which they applied them. It's very rare to see Virg playing at full stretch.

Still, we posed an attacking threat when we did get the ball, and the first 5-10 minutes of the second half could easily have netted us a lead. The games looked pretty 50/50 after that.

So we end the day still a point behind, and they know that we will continue to breathe down their necks.

On the refereeing, the only incident I can remember where they definitely got it wrong was when Mo's effort was deflected wide for a corner. Other than that, I thought Taylor and his VAR buddy called everything right.

• Upvote 1