You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

7 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I’m looking forward to his signing, if only for the back and forth between you and Barrington Womble after every game. Now that Thiago has proven his class, the forum needs something new. 

No back and forth. He's a very good player and I've said that because it's true but I've not exactly been saying we should sign him. 

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

Raphina might fall into that 'too good a deal not to take a run at' category if the release clause is true.

He will go to somewhere like Barcelona unless we sell Salah. He's not starting for us often at all. And even if we do sell Salah,Raphina will have been snapped up well before any deal is done. He also doesn't fit our style of play

34 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He will go to somewhere like Barcelona unless we sell Salah. He's not starting for us often at all. And even if we do sell Salah,Raphina will have been snapped up well before any deal is done. He also doesn't fit our style of play

Raphina makes sense if we go and get Nunez on top but that basically means having a new forward line and a new style which I’m not sure we’ll be looking to do.

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's probably between us and Real Madrid for him. If they can't sign him for whatever reason, I think we'll get him. 

Madrid apparently aren’t interested until the following season (after next season) as they still see Casemiro, Modric and Kroos as their midfield 3. Tchouaméni doesn’t want another season at Monaco and is meant to be set on leaving over the summer. 

10 minutes ago, Grinch said:

I’m not arsed.  They can’t get much better.

I made this point in work. At this level whoever they sign is only going to improve them incrementally. It’s not like they’ll win 10-0 every game instead of 5-0. Finding ways to improve things like fitness and conditioning can have as much as if not more impact at the top top end.

At least we’ve got salbutamol to fall back on.

• Upvote 1

He'll be like a giant in Liiiput as Pep's skill gnomes do lovely concentric circle pattern approach play before cutting back across goal, as the defenders are caught on the back foot, to Haarland who'll welly it right in the goal, over and over and fucking over.

They'll do this ten times in the first fifteen minutes and be 5-0 up.

They'll then take him off, and bring on £100m man Grealish, so he can focus on instagram updates boosting the clubs digital footprint objective.

4 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

What's Haaland's link up play like? The last time Pep had an out and out goalscorer at City (Aguero) he kept trying to turn him into an attacking midfielder.

He'll get his fair share of goals for City, as he's pretty lethal with his left foot, and has great movement in the box.

I actually don't really see him improving them much, if at all. Teams will sit even deeper against City, and his link-up play can be downright clumsy (I'm copyrighting "White Lukaku") at times. Their pressing game will suffer as well, much as it did with Barca/Zlatan. 

17 hours ago, Anubis said:

So at first it was Salah wanted to see our ambition, but now it’s all just about the money? 

Salah has been really odd about his demands.

He keeps saying things like "it's not only about money," but, like, what else could it possibly be? We're the best team in the world, we have the best manager in the world, great fans, we're in the race for the quadruple ...? There's not a better bet in terms of overall "sporting project" on earth!

It's almost as if it really is all about the money, he just doesn't want to admit it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Salah has been really odd about his demands.

He keeps saying things like "it's not only about money," but, like, what else could it possibly be? We're the best team in the world, we have the best manager in the world, great fans, we're in the race for the quadruple ...? There's not a better bet in terms of overall "sporting project" on earth!

It's almost as if it really is all about the money, he just doesn't want to admit it.

Could be length of contract.