You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Welcome to Liverpool Luis Diaz

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, stringvest said:

he wasn't that involved in the game, but it was a well taken goal which will do him and us the world of good.  Bit like Mane.

He got an assist and a goal and worked his balls off. I thought he did really well.

• Upvote 9

On 07/01/2022 at 19:41, Bjornebye said:

Plenty of rumours we have bid 70 million euros for him. One thing is for certain, if we sign him this lad is going to be superb and if we don't FSG can get to fuck and he will be shit anyway. 

I have no idea (EDIT: ignore this) 

https://twitter.com/search?q=luis diaz liverpool&src=typed_query&f=live

• Upvote 2

Just now, stringvest said:

he did, as did Mane.  both far better than Salah, who had to work far less for more ball.

Salah looks a bit lost at the minute. Would you rest him on Sunday? I don't think Klopp will for a minute like.

1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

Salah looks a bit lost at the minute. Would you rest him on Sunday? I don't think Klopp will for a minute like.

It's not an easy decision.  His touch is heavy, and his decision making is poor atm.  But leaving him out would be a brave call.  

With Mane, you know that he will work his balls off when having a poor game, but Salah doesn't provide the compensation.  

I think he'll play, but I'm sure it's not a foregone conclusion in Klopp's mind.

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I would like to see him cross with his left when he’s beat the defender a bit more, instead of dragging it back all the time. Other than that he’s doing grand.

If I recall correctly, think he did at least once tonight - laid on a peach of a low cross with his left, but nobody got onto the end of it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I would like to see him cross with his left when he’s beat the defender a bit more, instead of dragging it back all the time. Other than that he’s doing grand.

Steve Heighway should be an example of this. Heighway said that while he was right footed he learned to use his left foot as it was more convenient as a left winger. He became very competent and pretty much two footed.

35 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Steve Heighway should be an example of this. Heighway said that while he was right footed he learned to use his left foot as it was more convenient as a left winger. He became very competent and pretty much two footed.

Barnes, McManaman, Mane all tended/tend to cut inside from the left. No big deal. Diaz is the best player I've ever seen in any sport. Muhammed Ali is turning in his grave as we speak from a right hook off Diaz. 

1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

If I recall correctly, think he did at least once tonight - laid on a peach of a low cross with his left, but nobody got onto the end of it.

Pretty sure that was the outside of his right boot.

I've a feeling it will be the original front 3 to start on Sunday, with Luis and Jota to come off the bench if chasing a goal. 

Diaz's pace against a tiring defence late in a game could be crucial. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, A_S said:

I've a feeling it will be the original front 3 to start on Sunday, with Luis and Jota to come off the bench if chasing a goal. 

Diaz's pace against a tiring defence late in a game could be crucial. 

It's actually a nightmare to choose the best front three from the five for Sunday, which is pretty great in itself. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Barnes, McManaman, Mane all tended/tend to cut inside from the left. No big deal. Diaz is the best player I've ever seen in any sport. Muhammed Ali is turning in his grave as we speak from a right hook off Diaz. 

Being able to go both ways just adds to your options.

On 20/02/2022 at 10:52, Jack the Sipper said:

Henderson has that effect on South Americans.

Sounds like Ob la Di, Ob La Da at the end there.

Sharp as a cue ball this one.

14 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Being able to go both ways just adds to your options.

One of the things most noticeable in the Geoff Twentyman book was how much we seemed to focus on players being decent with both feet and you could certainly see that with a lot of our signings. I think you'd be hard pushed to definitively say what was the strongest foot on lots of our players from that time. 

2 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

Sharp as a cue ball this one.

One of the things most noticeable in the Geoff Twentyman book was how much we seemed to focus on players being decent with both feet and you could certainly see that with a lot of our signings. I think you'd be hard pushed to definitively say what was the strongest foot on lots of our players from that time. 

Keep banging on to my 5 year old grandson to practice becoming two-footed. Seems to be an aspect that could blow away other one-footed hopefuls as he gets older and develops. Having said that, he’s got a hammer of a right foot as my bollocks can testify to.