You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Curtis Jones

liverpoolsno9

People had been missing the point with Jones for years. The point is to make every player into someone who helps you win matches.

There have been times where he is one of the most frustrating and annoying players to watch and its pretty much when he plays like the player a lot of people wanted him to be; a creative player with few inhibitions. Klopp has been trying to make him into a winning player for years and he seems to be getting it.   

Good vid. I good reminder that it is a TEAM game. Made up of 11 individuals who work best as a TEAM. So overlooked nowadays. When you are successful and opposing fans think some of your players are crap it's because the TEAM works better with them in it. All great TEAMS have these players. And this version of Klopp's Reds look like they might just be another brilliant TEAM. This is also why some TEAMS improve when the main man leaves (Gerrard/Kane/Rice etc). Not sure if I've got my point across. But my point is it's a TEAM game.

3 minutes ago, TheRedMachine said:

Good vid. I good reminder that it is a TEAM game. Made up of 11 individuals who work best as a TEAM. So overlooked nowadays. When you are successful and opposing fans think some of your players are crap it's because the TEAM works better with them in it. All great TEAMS have these players. And this version of Klopp's Reds look like they might just be another brilliant TEAM. This is also why some TEAMS improve when the main man leaves (Gerrard/Kane/Rice etc). Not sure if I've got my point across. But my point is it's a TEAM game.

I particularly like that you started with a typo “I”, when as we all know, there’s no I in TEAM.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TheRedMachine said:

• Haha 3

An incredible transformation. From talented academy youngster to a player who just looked like he wouldn't make it here, like his talent and skills and fitness and mentality wouldn't transmit onto this stage at this level. To basically, and it's a huge compliment, the new Gini wijnaldum. Making the whole team work and capable of playing everywhere.

• Upvote 2

He's doing well in the role but personally I'd find it a shame if he remained constrained by it indefinitely. He's got great vision, and some real flair going forward, and it would be sad if all of that remained chained up. It's not like Gini, who had to restrain to some degree his attacking instincts but was otherwise not really losing too much of the full package his talents provided. Jones has a lot more creative potential, and, while it's great to see him accepting the discipline to make himself a regular in the team, there's a bit more sacrifice involved. (Just a personal opinion, no need to get wound up if you don't agree.)

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

He's doing well in the role but personally I'd find it a shame if he remained constrained by it indefinitely. He's got great vision, and some real flair going forward, and it would be sad if all of that remained chained up. It's not like Gini, who had to restrain to some degree his attacking instincts but was otherwise not really losing too much of the full package his talents provided. Jones has a lot more creative potential, and, while it's great to see him accepting the discipline to make himself a regular in the team, there's a bit more sacrifice involved. (Just a personal opinion, no need to get wound up if you don't agree.)

I get where you’re coming from, but we haven’t played with someone who plays that way since Klopp has shaped his own team here, so the player you want to see either has to come back out once Klopp moves on, or has to move on himself, so for a good while yet I hope we don’t see him.

I agree with both posts above.  I really think Jones has developed massively in the last few years, evolving into a mature player who reads the game much better.  I do believe it's at the expense of a significant proportion of his natural ability (and to a degree, at the expense of MacAllister's natural game), but he's letting no-one down.   The question in my head is whether we would be a better team overall playing Endo and moving MacAllister up the field.  

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Real blow him missing 3 games now.

Need Gravenberch to really step up now or Thiago to rise from the dead.....oh hang on i am being silly now.

The red will be overturned IMO. There's no way that was a red and with the likes of Neville even saying so, it should get overturned. 

13 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

The red will be overturned IMO. There's no way that was a red and with the likes of Neville even saying so, it should get overturned. 

Nah, no way it gets overturned. They’ll just use that damning freeze frame and the slo-mo to support one of their own. They won’t admit to another colossal fuck ups in the same game (or even three with the 1st Jota yellow) - otherwise it starts to look like something more than just incompetence on a barely imaginable scale.