You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ozan Kabak

VladimirIlyich

Far too early to judge, but a couple of worrying things. Most of all he seems to lack pace, which may well mean he isn’t what we need.

Apart from that he’s 20, just arrived from a team in a mess to a new one in a blind alley. Struggled with the positioning and the offside line, which is exactly what you’d expect from a new player and of course the reason throwing a couple of new CBs straight in isn’t necessarily a great idea.

Just now, The Guest said:

There’s a reason a club on the verge of relegation we’re happy to let him go out on loan halfway through the season with no compulsory buy at the end of the year.  We were forced into playing him today.  The clamour for him and Davies to start against city was laughable.

We lost 4-1 anyway.

People are just searching for some hope but no matter what we do we're still shite and falling to bits. Our hope now is next season, that's how much of a mess we are in.

Just now, Elite said:

We lost 4-1 anyway.

People are just searching for some hope but no matter what we do we're still shite and falling to bits. Our hope now is next season, that's how much of a mess we are in.

That wasn’t the defences fault and they played fairly well.  Had Kabak and Davies started it could have been double figures.

Having said all this if somebody put it to me after the Kiev final that we win the champions league and the league in the following by seasons followed by what’s happened this year I would have taken it all day.  It doesn’t make it any less painful though.

• Upvote 1

He didn’t look overly slow, certainly quicker than Phillips and Williams, similar pace to Lindelof maybe which is okay for a centre half. The rest of his game didn’t fill me with confidence however. Chances are he’ll

improve though. Not gonna write him off.

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

He didn’t look overly slow, certainly quicker than Phillips and Williams, similar pace to Lindelof maybe which is okay for a centre half. The rest of his game didn’t fill me with confidence however. Chances are he’ll

improve though. Not gonna write him off.

Did you see the third goal? I’m surprised Taylor allowed the caravan on the pitch.

It's impossible to judge a new centre back when they're thrown into the mix like that, especially when they're young and inexperienced. 

To be a good centre back you have to be part of a system and that takes time, it's not like being an attacker where you can just come in and look like you've got it all, unless you're Lillian Thuram and you're like the world's third fastest man and have telescopic legs.

13 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Played well until he got a yellow for what seemed to me, a good challenge. 

After that, I think he kind of panicked. 

For the first 70 odd minutes he was perfectly good, however once he got that yellow he turned into Jonathan woodgate on his real Madrid debut

Think it was Alli who panicked myself.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, The Guest said:

There’s a reason a club on the verge of relegation we’re happy to let him go out on loan halfway through the season with no compulsory buy at the end of the year.  We were forced into playing him today.  The clamour for him and Davies to start against city was laughable.

There’s very few options, but a solid midfield has to be a plus, surely?

4 minutes ago, A_S said:

Yeah, let's pile on a fucking kid on his debut. Fucking hell, what is wrong with people. 

Yeah, it’s a bit harsh and I’m not surprised he was all over the place after Alisson clattered him idiotically. With that said, I’d like to see Davies given a chance when he’s fit largely because a player who was a stand out in the Championship will surely find it easier to acclimatise to the league than one who has had an absolutely torrid season at the bottom of the Bundesliga.