You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

15 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:
Greenwald -- heh - solid source, if he hadn't of been terminated for spreading Trumpian conspiracy crank.

I think he might have resigned because he was censored by Biden supporting cranks instead : https://greenwald.substack.com/p/my-resignation-from-the-intercept

'We are lost:' Fox News suffers ratings slump while staffers fret about post-Trump future

Good, I'd be fine without CNN and Fox.

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

If you are truly interested you may want to get the story from someone other than, erm, well - him.

Ok so he made that all up then and was fired for Trumpian conspiracy theories? From the outlet that he was part of creating himself. I doubt it. More like liberals couldn't hack his reporting whilst scared that Trump could be re-elected.

Do you want to link me one of these stories? You might find it interesting reading his side of it too.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

No.

If you are interested in learning about the man google him - or go on wikipedia.

No one talks out of both sides of their mouth as much as he does. Opportunist of the highest order.

Ok. There's another co-founder here too though if you're interested : A Co-Founder of The Intercept Says She Was Fired for Airing Concerns

To be fair I went and checked the third co-founder, he sides with The Intercept :

Glenn has alleged that he was censored by the editors of The Intercept. I do not agree with that characterization. From my admittedly limited involvement (at Glenn’s request) with this specific article, it seemed to me that there was a reasonable path to publishing the piece. Glenn clearly disagreed with that and decided to withdraw from that process. People can look at the materials Glenn published and make their own judgment.

https://theintercept.com/2020/11/01/statement-jeremy-scahill/

I still think he was censored but I think it's also important to have Scahill's view as well.

8 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Ok. There's another co-founder here too though if you're interested : A Co-Founder of The Intercept Says She Was Fired for Airing Concerns

Why would I be interested in any of it? I don't read The Intercept and could give two shits about what Glenn Greenwald says. My response was to you about the TV news orgs ratings. I don't think it is CNN that is in trouble.

21 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Why would I be interested in any of it? I don't read The Intercept and could give two shits about what Glenn Greenwald says.

Because you said he'd been terminated for spreading Trumpian conspiracy crank. I checked back on it though and found the e-mail exchange that ends with his resignation : https://greenwald.substack.com/p/emails-with-intercept-editors-showing

I don't think it is CNN that is in trouble.

Well they have the Trump trial soon so they'll probably be fine for the time being I suppose.

I think he got sacked pal - he had been taken off actual news reporting a while ago. 

I just linked the emails he posted but if you don't believe them/think he's twisted it fair enough. I can't be doing with arguing in this thread if I can help it.

Interesting Time Mag on the Election. Elections will never be the same again.

The Secret History of the Shadow Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election

*There was a conspiracy unfolding behind the scenes, one that both curtailed the protests and coordinated the resistance from CEOs. Both surprises were the result of an informal alliance between left-wing activists and business titans. The pact was formalized in a terse, little-noticed joint statement of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and AFL-CIO published on Election Day. Both sides would come to see it as a sort of implicit bargain–inspired by the summer’s massive, sometimes destructive racial-justice protests–in which the forces of labor came together with the forces of capital to keep the peace and oppose Trump’s assault on democracy.*

https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

• Upvote 1

On 27/01/2021 at 00:05, Anubis said:

I know you boys like yourself some MAGA show pony, Jenna Ryan, so a quick update. 

First she tried grifting some money for her legal defence.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-siege/trump-supporter-who-took-private-plane-to-storm-the-capitol-and-then-begged-for-a-pardon-is-now-begging-for-money/amp/

When that was closed off she had an entitled little hissy fit before hastily deleting this tweet, much in keeping with her theme of self-incrimination.

EstZX2-UcAAfIGp?format=jpg&name=large

Now she’s grifting money for her legal defence fund on a Christian version of Go Fund Me.

Esti6q1VkAQsJxM?format=jpg&name=medium

And what better way to get the ball rolling than comparing your plight to that of Jesus on the cross...

Oh yeah, Jenna went there.

Thanks alot Jenna!

Two Dallas-area real estate agents have been arrested and charged in connection to the storming of the Capitol last month in Washington, D.C., according to the FBI.

Katherine Schwab and Jason Hyland reportedly took a private plane from Texas to the nation's capital and participated in riot that left five people dead.

The two flew with Jenna Ryan, another real estate agent from Texas who has been arrested for her role in the riot, and another unidentified person, according to the criminal complaints in their cases.

On 06/02/2021 at 14:01, TheHowieLama said:

Thanks alot Jenna!

Two Dallas-area real estate agents have been arrested and charged in connection to the storming of the Capitol last month in Washington, D.C., according to the FBI.

Katherine Schwab and Jason Hyland reportedly took a private plane from Texas to the nation's capital and participated in riot that left five people dead.

The two flew with Jenna Ryan, another real estate agent from Texas who has been arrested for her role in the riot, and another unidentified person, according to the criminal complaints in their cases.

Jenna Ryan is imo a modern day Joan of Arc and as such it would be fitting if God chose for her the same ending.