You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Least favourite Religion?

Chip Butty

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I like how Scientologists pay millions of dollars to not be involved any longer.

Great business model.

The space ghosts, nuclear bombs in volcanoes and possession are incredibly convincing. 

Ive mentioned before there’s a recruiting office in Manchester and there are often people in the reception who look like they are signing up.  Crazy.  But no more crazy...

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

The space ghosts, nuclear bombs in volcanoes and possession are incredibly convincing. 

Ive mentioned before there’s a recruiting office in Manchester and there are often people in the reception who look like they are signing up.  Crazy.  But no more crazy...

I used to know a couple when I worked in Manchester who were Scientologists. He was a right horrible fucker. Always had a feeling his missus was scared of him. His staff were all sound but came across as very impressionable. They all hated him and they'd tell me all sorts of stuff about him.

Apparently when he got with missus, she used to be a really lovely outgoing girl who took pride in her appearance but within six months of getting with him, she'd let herself go and her personality changed for the worse.

He'd get audited once a month or bi monthly. It involved him holding onto a steel rod in each hand as he answered a series of questions a bit like a lie detector test, after which he'd always have to improve on some aspect of his life. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hank Moody said:

I’m not a big fan of the Amish. There is some things about their way of life that I find attractive but the way the shun family if they dare do something they don’t like is disgusting and it really shows it’s underbelly as just a extreme bunch of weirdos

Similarly, Jehovah's witnesses cutting out family members who don't believe. What kind of cunt God wants that? 

10 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I used to know a couple when I worked in Manchester who were Scientologists. He was a right horrible fucker. Always had a feeling his missus was scared of him. His staff were all sound but came across as very impressionable. They all hated him and they'd tell me all sorts of stuff about him.

Apparently when he got with missus, she used to be a really lovely outgoing girl who took pride in her appearance but within six months of getting with him, she'd let herself go and her personality changed for the worse.

He'd get audited once a month or bi monthly. It involved him holding onto a steel rod in each hand as he answered a series of questions a bit like a lie detector test, after which he'd always have to improve on some aspect of his life. 

As a scam it’s beautiful. The only way to progress is to pay and confess all your sins. Those ‘sins’ are then used to blackmail you into staying.  I mean, who’d have thought that heterosexual actors like Tom Cruise and John Travolta would be scared of leaving? 

• Upvote 1

There was a Jehovahs Witness in work who seemed like a perfectly normal fella, liked footy and a bevie. 

I asked him to buy a raffle ticket for a charity for disabled kids and straight away he said no. I just looked at him and then he said "I don't gamble". I said winning a telly or a spa day at Formby Hall was hardly gambling like Paul Merson. He refused but then offered to donate the price of the raffle ticket (a massive £2) and if he won to reraffle the prize. 

He fucked off his wife and 4 kids to go and live in America with another JW he met online. Someone showed me photos of his honeymoon that he had posted on Faceaids. He went to Las Vegas, bit weird seeing as he thought buying a 2 quid raffle ticket compromised his religion.