You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

9 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I thought the release clause could only be activated until the end of April? Possibly they are simply saying they are not going to commit to that with everything going on but I guess they could still press ahead with the signing further down the line.

June apparently 

But as soon as that date passes add another 15/20ml to the price 

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Nothing will happen on the transfer front for a while. I won't believe anything right now. The Willian thing just makes absolutely no sense anyway. 

Well on a free it does. As he effectively comes in to offer cover wide, replaces Shaqiri and Lallana as a experienced squad player. 

Just the club looking at a vet option on a 2/3 year deal. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Well on a free it does. As he effectively comes in to offer cover wide, replaces Shaqiri and Lallana as a experienced squad player. 

Just the club looking at a vet option on a 2/3 year deal. 

He's on huge wages and it doesn't make sense that he would leave Chelsea for another English club to play a bit part role. He's not James Milner, he's some Brazilian guy who probably wants to go somewhere warm if he's leaving London. 

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

June apparently 

But as soon as that date passes add another 15/20ml to the price 

Bayern bid 30million for him overall... I think we are looking to reduce the price after release clause expires because one it's clear he wants to come here thereby leaving us with a strong bargaining point

20 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Loads of reports we are close to signing Willian on a free for the summer. Hopefully this would just be aswell as Werner and not the club deciding to go cheap again due to budgets

Willian is a very good footballer, a workhorse and can play on either side. I approve. 

• Downvote 1

Werner wants to come by all accounts and at 50 odd million is a cracking piece of business. 

However, 50 odd million 6 weeks ago is very different to 50 million now, let alone in a few months. My gut instinct is the club have pretty much agreed terms with him and will wait in the long grass to see what the market looks like in a few weeks before making their move. I think their aim is to get him for 10-15 million less. A lot below the release clause, but with a market in disarray and clubs looking for cash, it might come off for them. Leipzig seems to be a wealthy club, so they could run the risk of pissing them off like Southampton.

The team is now at the point where we were in the 70s and 80s and doesn't need major surgery. One or two top additions and a really good backup keeper (wish we had Romero) would be great business. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

They can't get away with being "clever" for another year. The front 3 have played a ridiculous amount of football at a high tempo for a couple of years and none have been injured for a while. 

The 9 month break might help.... 

8 minutes ago, Elite said:

If FSG sent you to Co-op to buy a pack of bacon, a loaf of bread, a dozen eggs and a pint of milk, they'd deffo want change out of a fiver.

possible if you look for the yellow tickets...

Is it just me that thinks it's hilarious to see anti-FSG posts on here? They've been basically the best owners I could have imagined, have brought in the top analytics team in the business and taken us from a potential winding up order to the best team in Europe, but it's still not good enough for some.

I'm honestly not sure what more they could do. We don't want sugar daddies like PSG or City, but if FSG won't splash out without thinking to sign a 32-year old on big wages, they're skint bastards. Some of you are impossible to please!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Is it just me that thinks it's hilarious to see anti-FSG posts on here? They've been basically the best owners I could have imagined, have brought in the top analytics team in the business and taken us from a potential winding up order to the best team in Europe, but it's still not good enough for some.

I'm honestly not sure what more they could do. We don't want sugar daddies like PSG or City, but if FSG won't splash out without thinking to sign a 32-year old on big wages, they're skint bastards. Some of you are impossible to please!

They're good owners, but unless they're literally perfect, people will always find something to criticize people in high positions who have a lot of money. Especially if they own your favourite football team.